3 balls on the spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poolisboring View Post
    curiosity, thats why..... i'll conduct my own experiments this weekend......where did you put the cue ball for this?
    I put the cue ball on my side of the table and up close to the line to allow me to see as much of the middle ball as possible and using some outside English to get the cue ball down table on his side. It appears that the outside English also allows the middle ball to take a minute bit of spin so that it opens up a bit to get to the front ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Almanza View Post
      I put the cue ball on my side of the table and up close to the line to allow me to see as much of the middle ball as possible and using some outside English to get the cue ball down table on his side. It appears that the outside English also allows the middle ball to take a minute bit of spin so that it opens up a bit to get to the front ball.
      thanks for that, doubt i can come up with anything better but still try--i have alot of weird ideas hahaha

Comment

The middle balls banks right in......after you bank the bottom ball!

Comment

Originally posted by straightback View Post
          wonderful insight lmao

Comment

Originally posted by straightback View Post
            Tru dat but not easy

Comment

Position the cue ball 1 diamond out from the head string diamond. Stroke the cue ball with extreme high 11 o'clock and hit the head ball 7/8 full on the side you are shooting from. The middle ball will pop out and go towards the corner pocket. It tends to want to hit the end rail, and the best I have done in about 30 mins. is in front of the hole.

It seemed to pop in the right direction a little better with inside english vs. outside, but center may work just as good, and may allow for a more accurate hit.

It is opposite of a two ball shot that requires low on the cue ball, because it is now a three ball shot so you have to use high to get follow on the middle ball. Good Luck, it just might go if hit just right!

Poolisboring! This morning I made a little adjustment and made the center ball in the corner, just as pretty as be! I stroked the rock with less high, about two tips of high, and hit the head ball a little thinner about 3/4 full with a medium to med. hard stroke. What a beautiful site seeing that center ball just go right in the hole just like on the two ball shot does! Poolisboring, you should be highly commended for your intuition, thanks a lot for bringing forth your shot! What's so fascinating is that it is billiard physics of throw shots taking to a higher level. Whitey
              Last edited by Dennis "Whitey" Young; 09-13-2017, 10:19 AM. Reason: the shot goes!

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis "Whitey" Young View Post
                Position the cue ball 1 diamond out from the head string diamond. Stroke the cue ball with extreme high 11 o'clock and hit the head ball 7/8 full on the side you are shooting from. The middle ball will pop out and go towards the corner pocket. It tends to want to hit the end rail, and the best I have done in about 30 mins. is in front of the hole.

It seemed to pop in the right direction a little better with inside english vs. outside, but center may work just as good, and may allow for a more accurate hit.

It is opposite of a two ball shot that requires low on the cue ball, because it is now a three ball shot so you have to use high to get follow on the middle ball. Good Luck, it just might go if hit just right!

Poolisboring! This morning I made a little adjustment and made the center ball in the corner, just as pretty as be! I stroked the rock with less high, about two tips of high, and hit the head ball a little thinner about 3/4 full with a medium to med. hard stroke. What a beautiful site seeing that center ball just go right in the hole just like on the two ball shot does! Poolisboring, you should be highly commended for your intuition, thanks a lot for bringing forth your shot! What's so fascinating is that it is billiard physics of throw shots taking to a higher level. Whitey
                very nice Whitey! i'll keep looking for more......

Comment

Ok, I will have to give this a go when I get home.....
                  Chris P.

Comment

poolisboring/Whitey's 3 ball spot shot!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EyBkJSw5fujHndHk9
                    Well it has been about a year since poolisboring put up this challenge. His thought was there must be some way to make the center ball when 3 balls are spotted. I encourage the viewers to go through each post on this thread.

Well here it is; the center ball of a three ball spot being made right in your scoring pocket. I have to really thank poolisboring, for putting up this challenge, and "yes" it can be made some how some way,just like you had said; "that there must be a way"! We thank You! Your curiosity has lead to the development of an amazing shot that I believe no one has ever done or seen before! So it is truly incredible to bring a brand new shot to our viewers. We owe you a lot!

To do the shot; I set up the cb at the apex of the 1st diamond end head rail and the 2nd diamond (headstring) long side rail. Then move the cue ball over about a ball and a half, to two balls width closer to the side rail. I used about 2 tips center left (reverse) english, and hitting the head ball about 3/4 to 7/8" full, pretty full, and fairly hard. In the video it does not look like I am using that much reverse but on the stroke I move over more.

This shot whether it is a viable shot or not will yet to be determined. But with practice it very well may be. Although it has so many dynamics/physics going on, it just not an easy shot.

Good luck, let us know how you guys did trying the 3 ball Spot Shot! Enjoy, Whitey

Click on the video after it comes up and it will make viewing better. Do you think this is worthy of being put under site The Game, "Great Shots". I think so, for it was born right here on OnePocket.org.
                    Last edited by Dennis "Whitey" Young; 08-27-2018, 11:31 PM.

Comment

3 balls on the spot

Well it has been about a year since poolisboring put up this challenge. His thought was there must be some way to make the center ball when 3 balls are spotted. I encourage the viewers to go through each post on this thread.

Well here it is; the center ball of a three ball spot being made right in your scoring pocket. I have to really thank poolisboring, for putting up this challenge, and "yes" it can be made some how some way,just like you had said; "that there must be a way"! We thank You! Your curiosity has lead to the development of an amazing shot that I believe no one has ever done or seen before! So it is truly incredible to bring a brand new shot to our viewers. We owe you a lot!

To do the shot; I set up the cb at the apex of the 1st diamond end head rail and the 2nd diamond (headstring) long side rail. Then move the cue ball over about a ball and a half, to two balls width closer to the side rail. I used about 2 tips center left (reverse) english, and hitting the head ball about 3/4 to 7/8" full, pretty full, and fairly hard. In the video it does not look like I am using that much reverse but on the stroke I move over more.

This shot whether it is a viable shot or not will yet to be determined. But with practice it very well may be. Although it has so many dynamics/physics going on, it just not an easy shot.

Good luck, let us know how you guys did trying the 3 ball Spot Shot! Enjoy, Whitey

Click on the video after it comes up and it will make viewing better. Do you think this is worthy of being put under site The Game, "Great Shots". I think so, for it was born right here on OnePocket.org.

Wow!!! Just awesome. I will have to check this out.
                      Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

Nice shot Whitey. I made it on the fourth try. Maybe there might be some use for this shot. Absolutely clever, is there a Nobel price for pool shots?

Comment

wow!!!! great shot

Comment

If I hadn’t seen it, I’d have lost some money on a prop bet... I never would have believed it would go straight in! I thought this thread was a joke... I stand corrected and amazed... good shot!

Comment

Great shot whitey !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

One of the best posts I have ever seen in here. Nicely done Whitey. That actually looks like a legit, playable shot you've just created.

Comment

Working...
                                X