3 balls on the spot

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Position the cue ball 1 diamond out from the head string diamond. Stroke the cue ball with extreme high 11 o'clock and hit the head ball 7/8 full on the side you are shooting from. The middle ball will pop out and go towards the corner pocket. It tends to want to hit the end rail, and the best I have done in about 30 mins. is in front of the hole.

It seemed to pop in the right direction a little better with inside english vs. outside, but center may work just as good, and may allow for a more accurate hit.

It is opposite of a two ball shot that requires low on the cue ball, because it is now a three ball shot so you have to use high to get follow on the middle ball. Good Luck, it just might go if hit just right!

Poolisboring! This morning I made a little adjustment and made the center ball in the corner, just as pretty as be! I stroked the rock with less high, about two tips of high, and hit the head ball a little thinner about 3/4 full with a medium to med. hard stroke. What a beautiful site seeing that center ball just go right in the hole just like on the two ball shot does! Poolisboring, you should be highly commended for your intuition, thanks a lot for bringing forth your shot! What's so fascinating is that it is billiard physics of throw shots taking to a higher level. Whitey

Last edited:

poolisboring

Verified Member
From
toledo
Position the cue ball 1 diamond out from the head string diamond. Stroke the cue ball with extreme high 11 o'clock and hit the head ball 7/8 full on the side you are shooting from. The middle ball will pop out and go towards the corner pocket. It tends to want to hit the end rail, and the best I have done in about 30 mins. is in front of the hole.

It seemed to pop in the right direction a little better with inside english vs. outside, but center may work just as good, and may allow for a more accurate hit.

It is opposite of a two ball shot that requires low on the cue ball, because it is now a three ball shot so you have to use high to get follow on the middle ball. Good Luck, it just might go if hit just right!

Poolisboring! This morning I made a little adjustment and made the center ball in the corner, just as pretty as be! I stroked the rock with less high, about two tips of high, and hit the head ball a little thinner about 3/4 full with a medium to med. hard stroke. What a beautiful site seeing that center ball just go right in the hole just like on the two ball shot does! Poolisboring, you should be highly commended for your intuition, thanks a lot for bringing forth your shot! What's so fascinating is that it is billiard physics of throw shots taking to a higher level. Whitey
very nice Whitey! i'll keep looking for more......

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
poolisboring/Whitey's 3 ball spot shot!

poolisboring/Whitey's 3 ball spot shot!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EyBkJSw5fujHndHk9
Well it has been about a year since poolisboring put up this challenge. His thought was there must be some way to make the center ball when 3 balls are spotted. I encourage the viewers to go through each post on this thread.

Well here it is; the center ball of a three ball spot being made right in your scoring pocket. I have to really thank poolisboring, for putting up this challenge, and "yes" it can be made some how some way,just like you had said; "that there must be a way"! We thank You! Your curiosity has lead to the development of an amazing shot that I believe no one has ever done or seen before! So it is truly incredible to bring a brand new shot to our viewers. We owe you a lot!

To do the shot; I set up the cb at the apex of the 1st diamond end head rail and the 2nd diamond (headstring) long side rail. Then move the cue ball over about a ball and a half, to two balls width closer to the side rail. I used about 2 tips center left (reverse) english, and hitting the head ball about 3/4 to 7/8" full, pretty full, and fairly hard. In the video it does not look like I am using that much reverse but on the stroke I move over more.

This shot whether it is a viable shot or not will yet to be determined. But with practice it very well may be. Although it has so many dynamics/physics going on, it just not an easy shot.

Good luck, let us know how you guys did trying the 3 ball Spot Shot! Enjoy, Whitey

Click on the video after it comes up and it will make viewing better. Do you think this is worthy of being put under site The Game, "Great Shots". I think so, for it was born right here on OnePocket.org.

Last edited:

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
3 balls on the spot

Well it has been about a year since poolisboring put up this challenge. His thought was there must be some way to make the center ball when 3 balls are spotted. I encourage the viewers to go through each post on this thread.

Well here it is; the center ball of a three ball spot being made right in your scoring pocket. I have to really thank poolisboring, for putting up this challenge, and "yes" it can be made some how some way,just like you had said; "that there must be a way"! We thank You! Your curiosity has lead to the development of an amazing shot that I believe no one has ever done or seen before! So it is truly incredible to bring a brand new shot to our viewers. We owe you a lot!

To do the shot; I set up the cb at the apex of the 1st diamond end head rail and the 2nd diamond (headstring) long side rail. Then move the cue ball over about a ball and a half, to two balls width closer to the side rail. I used about 2 tips center left (reverse) english, and hitting the head ball about 3/4 to 7/8" full, pretty full, and fairly hard. In the video it does not look like I am using that much reverse but on the stroke I move over more.

This shot whether it is a viable shot or not will yet to be determined. But with practice it very well may be. Although it has so many dynamics/physics going on, it just not an easy shot.

Good luck, let us know how you guys did trying the 3 ball Spot Shot! Enjoy, Whitey

Click on the video after it comes up and it will make viewing better. Do you think this is worthy of being put under site The Game, "Great Shots". I think so, for it was born right here on OnePocket.org.

Wow!!! Just awesome. I will have to check this out.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
If I hadn’t seen it, I’d have lost some money on a prop bet... I never would have believed it would go straight in! I thought this thread was a joke... I stand corrected and amazed... good shot!

El Chapo

Verified Member

One of the best posts I have ever seen in here. Nicely done Whitey. That actually looks like a legit, playable shot you've just created.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
3 balls on the spot

Lots of shots have names right. The jersey red shot, etc. I guess we now have “The three ball whitey” shot! 👍👍

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga
Whitey thank you for the hard work and creativity that produced this incredible shot.

You get a whole bag of frikin cookies for this one:lol

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Amazing and impressive, Whitey. Good job!

Detracting nothing from the accomplishment, I think it wouldn't be the shot for me in competition, simply because the cross bank on the back ball is so appealing both offensively and defensively.

baby huey

Verified Member
Wow what a shot Whitey. I never thought it would be possible to make that center ball.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Lots of shots have names right. The jersey red shot, etc. I guess we now have “The three ball whitey” shot! 👍👍

Great Job!
The 3 ball Whitey shot... I love it.

Yes, he needs to have this shot named after him, for sure.. It's historical.. This is something that happens not only in pool, but other endeavors.. Remember 'The Maloney' named after the great Kristen Maloney?? Girls cry sometimes when they nail it for the first time.. Well this pool shot is even bigger than that.

this is it if anyone's curious..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg7bxu1N8ZQ

chicagomike

Verified Member
wondering if theres a way to force that middle ball near or into my hole..... i'll try it later this week when i go to the pool room..... im betting theres a way.....

1/2 tip of inside using a slip stroke with a .215 hit on the OB, but humidity has to be over 65% and don’t forget a counter clockwise wrist twist upon contact with the CB. Works just about every time for me. Good luck!