Johnny "Irish" Lineen
    Marcel Camp
    Earl Heisler
    Joey Spaeth
    Jafar "Patch-Eye"Basheer
    "Connecticut Johnny" Vives

"Black Nate" Colbert (still alive)
    Pete Fusco (still alive)

I imagine most, if not all, of these guys could have held their own against the two 40-somethings being so frequently mentioned on this thread, Scott and Jeremy.

Some of them didn't play in tournaments, but neither did Jack Cooney (in the HOF), and he wasn't the favorite necessarily against most on this list.
    Ran your list by Buddy today. His top 2 picks out if your list as the best players out of these are Johnny Irish and Joey Spaeth
    Attached Files

Comment

yep theyre all in......

Comment

My opinion as a relative new poster here is we should for sure elect one of our own elder statesman as well as a past Pro if we are doing two as suggested. Joey Spaeth in the pro category. Mr Henderson certainly fits the bill as one of our own and is very deserving. Heck, that guy is everywhere you look, still plays great and is quick to contribute his time to promote the game. Excellent in the booth and a nice guy too! I'll overlook you calling me bad luck John...lol I don't think there is one person on here who wouldn't vote for him... Well maybe one....lol

Comment

Originally posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
          My opinion as a relative new poster here is we should for sure elect one of our own elder statesman as well as a past Pro if we are doing two as suggested. Joey Spaeth in the pro category. Mr Henderson certainly fits the bill as one of our own and is very deserving. Heck, that guy is everywhere you look, still plays great and is quick to contribute his time to promote the game. Excellent in the booth and a nice guy too! I'll overlook you calling me bad luck John...lol I don't think there is one person on here who wouldn't vote for him... Well maybe one....lol
          Im looking forward to coming down there soon to take you up on your offer. I just cashed out my Bitcoin. In da meantime, it has always been my position that as far as old timers, they should be inducted by fiat. There has never been a chance for induction and for O.P.Org to be a recognized organized HOF, it is our obligation to include those deserving. BTW I am all for JT Hendy induction, category three, teacher, organizer, promoter.
          Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!

Comment

I been partial to Hubert "Daddy Warbucks" Cokes since I saw him at the Stardust tournament that the Jansco's put on. He was tremendous for one pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by poolisboring View Post
              i'd give eddie robin my vote..... is cornbread red in? probably, but from what i saw,one hell of a one pocket player and a good banker too...... what about vernon elliot--i played him a few times at genes pool room in banks, he could really play, and that was after he hadnt been playing much......rafael martinez should get in just from his creative shotmaking skills...... lots of qualified players here, all deserving of a vote.....and of course my old buddy beanie, but he's probably already in......

I actually have Cornbread's one pocket plaque.

Comment

Joey Spaeth would definitely be my choice for the One Pocket. He's been overlooked for too long! Bustemante would be my choice for Banks.
                Just more hot air!

Sherm

Sherm Custom Cues
                Cincinnati, Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by cuesmith View Post
                  Joey Spaeth would definitely be my choice for the One Pocket. He's been overlooked for too long! Bustemante would be my choice for Banks.
                  That sounds right to me. Lots of possible choices, but IMO it would be hard to beat these two.

Comment

My two cents

One pocket

JJ meets the criteria, should be this years winner
                    Scott frost for next

Banks

Got to be Francisco

Action, longevity

I am going to add Keith mcready, monster in his day.
                    Steve booth
                    John Henderson.

This shouldn't be a popularity contest but about more about quality play and what they have given to the game. Just my two cents.

B
                    Execution of the shot, some days I have it some days I don't...

Comment

except your choices lean that way strongly.

Comment

Originally posted by beatle View Post

Comment

Don Decoy Frank Bananas Rodriguez

Comment

never heard of don but bananas is a legit choice at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by beatle View Post
                              Oakland Don DeCoy was one of the best one-pocket players in is time. Bananes told me that he rated him in the top five.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnInNH View Post
                                One Pocket:

1. Scott Frost
                                2. Jeremy Jones
                                3. Gabe Owen

Bank Pool:

1. Francisco Bustamante

Pool In Action:

1. Johnny Ervolino
                                2. Bob Ogburn

This is my early list, I'll add more later

[B][B]Update:

I'd like to add someone who domitated one pocket for more than 30 years, in the 60's through the 80's my dates could be a little off but he was well known around that time, his name is [B]Johnny Ervolino, I believe that he lived in New York city most of his life. I would put him ahead of Bob Ogburn in the "Pool In Action" category.

John
                                Last edited by JohnInNH; 10-29-2017, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X