Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Longest Games

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Longest Games

    How long did you have to play to "WIN' , WHO, plays the best the longest?? COUNTRY CALVIN was the best ,the longer he played!! 3days,4days he must have been the best?

  • #2
    Cleo Vaughn was famous for his long sessions apparently.
    I have also heard that 'Flyboy' had a hell of a lot of stamina for long sessions.
    I've seen Jack Cooney go quite a while...

    When I interviewed Bill 'Weenie Beenie' Staton he talked about one time when he played Cleo:
    BS:...One time we played, it is going to be hard to believe, we played sixty-one consecutive hours. And, I was on a high you wouldn’t believe; my adrenaline was really flowing. After he quit I said, ‘Who’s next?’

    1P: After 61 hours, you were ready for more?

    BS: Yeah. Then I played the guy from Kansas, a good road player [later recalled as Greg Stevens]. Well, anyway, I played him for another five hours for something like $20.00 a game, right after playing for like $2,000.00 a game!

    1P: Wow, that’s some stamina!
    Beenie's interview is here if you missed it...
    "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
    -- Strawberry Brooks

    Comment


    • #3
      since you brought up Greg Stevens......

      I know i am off-subject, but was Greg Stevens really named Craig Stevens? I have played in the "Greg Stevens Family Game Room" in Wichita KS where Stevens was from, and the room was called Greg, not Craig, Stevens. I meant to talk to the owner about it, but apparently he hung out at his other Greg Stevens room in that town (there are at least two of the rooms with the Stevens name in Wichita, and they are in no way family game rooms.) Rough place, but the gold crowns were not as rough as the rest of the place....it's the kind of room where pregnant teenage girls bring their one year old babies to smoke and listen to blaring hip hop crap. I don't remember where I heard the Craig vs. Greg stuff.... maybe in some book?

      Comment


      • #4
        Greg Stevens

        Originally posted by masse-man
        I know i am off-subject, but was Greg Stevens really named Craig Stevens? I have played in the "Greg Stevens Family Game Room" in Wichita KS where Stevens was from, and the room was called Greg, not Craig, Stevens. I meant to talk to the owner about it, but apparently he hung out at his other Greg Stevens room in that town (there are at least two of the rooms with the Stevens name in Wichita, and they are in no way family game rooms.) Rough place, but the gold crowns were not as rough as the rest of the place....it's the kind of room where pregnant teenage girls bring their one year old babies to smoke and listen to blaring hip hop crap. I don't remember where I heard the Craig vs. Greg stuff.... maybe in some book?
        At the Le Cue poolroom in Houston, TX, where I spent a little time, Greg Steven's weekly ritual was to play continuously from thursday thru sunday. He would go home to sleep and rest from monday to wednesday. He would usually eat one gigantic meal on thursday and then play straight thru. He did this religiously for a couple of years. He did supplement his diet with speed pills.

        the Beard

        the Beard
        New stuff on my site. 100s of pgs. of pool goodness
        www.bankingwiththebeard.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by masse-man
          I know i am off-subject, but was Greg Stevens really named Craig Stevens? I have played in the "Greg Stevens Family Game Room" in Wichita KS where Stevens was from, and the room was called Greg, not Craig, Stevens. I meant to talk to the owner about it, but apparently he hung out at his other Greg Stevens room in that town (there are at least two of the rooms with the Stevens name in Wichita, and they are in no way family game rooms.) Rough place, but the gold crowns were not as rough as the rest of the place....it's the kind of room where pregnant teenage girls bring their one year old babies to smoke and listen to blaring hip hop crap. I don't remember where I heard the Craig vs. Greg stuff.... maybe in some book?
          Seems like i read that in Shots, Moves and Strategies

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by fred bentivegna
            At the Le Cue poolroom in Houston, TX, where I spent a little time, Greg Steven's weekly ritual was to play continuously from thursday thru sunday. He would go home to sleep and rest from monday to wednesday. He would usually eat one gigantic meal on thursday and then play straight thru. He did this religiously for a couple of years. He did supplement his diet with speed pills.

            the Beard

            the Beard
            Your right he was speedy,You know the same players I do ,Have we met? I must know you!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Everybody knows me

              Originally posted by bjspivey
              Your right he was speedy,You know the same players I do ,Have we met? I must know you!!!
              I dont know. I know I knew your father from Johnston City in the '60s.

              the Beard
              New stuff on my site. 100s of pgs. of pool goodness
              www.bankingwiththebeard.com

              Comment

              Working...
              X