Ghost vs. John 34 wwyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost vs. John 34 wwyd

Odd situation here --- John's shot, his pocket is at the top left --- ball score is 1-0 John ahead --- the 15 is blocking the 8-4-7 combination from being makeable --- wwyd?
    Attached Files
    jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Another view ----->
    Attached Files

Comment

Last view ----->
      Attached Files

Comment

It looks like you could shoot the 8-4-7 combo, and even if the throw on the 4 doesn’t make the 7, both balls will be close to John’s hole, and the cue ball could be nestled on the 15 without leaving a shot on the 2.

If, as it turns out, it would be too risky to protect against the 2 because the gap is wider than it seems in the pictures, then I would 2 rail the 14 into the bottom of the 3 and try to roll the cue ball onto the rail as close as possible to the 1.

But if that didn’t feel right, I’d just push the 12 over towards the 7 and float the cue ball behind the 2 to block vision on the 12 or 7.

Comment

Looks like the 11 goes two rails with a comfortable angle to draw the CB behind the 2, even though it may be a little awkward to reach.

pj
          chgo

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
            Looks like the 11 goes two rails with a comfortable angle to draw the CB behind the 2, even though it may be a little awkward to reach.

pj
            chgo
            Yep Pat, that 2-railer is laying real good - it's a hanger who would know that better than me...

Comment

14 off the 2.
              2 might make the 6.
              14 goes to rail and towards my side.
              Dead cueball stays.

Comment

Ten into the three and freeze the cue ball into the twelve. OP will probably have to take a foul with balls all around your pocket he can't get to.
                JOHN HENDERSON
                Al Romero Cue
                Magic Chalk

Comment

Originally posted by jrhendy View Post
                  Ten into the three and freeze the cue ball into the twelve. OP will probably have to take a foul with balls all around your pocket he can't get to.
                  Ok, I was about to post that the 2-railer is a no-brainer, but this is pretty strong too!
                  "LOL ... judging by your shot selections you play good" -- Hacker, September 29, 2015.

Comment

I'd be worried about leaving a bank on the 8

Comment

i like the 10 into the 3 as well as said by john. but might draw back below the 14 to the rail if that will allow me to have a better chance of making the 7 on the shot as then i can run a bunch of balls. other wise entirely johns shot.

Comment

Howdy All;

Still working on this 1 pocket thinking thing with a shooter's brain.
                        I see a bank shot with the 14 into the side of the 1 which gives energy to
                        the 6 going towards John's pocket. Cue ends up tapping the 12 into the 10.
                        Looks sorta like this, CB ends up close to foot rail so may be a sell out on the
                        2 ball with not much else...

hank
                        Attached Files
                        Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...

Comment

I am doing something off the 1 ball. I am either putting the cb behind it by just nudging the right half of the 1 ball, or I am caroming off the 1 into the 6 and moving the 2 ball and 1 ball, plus the 6 has help with the 7 there.

Comment

now you are learning hank. thats a great shot to see. although you tend to sell out banks or leak a ball with it. but that is what makes a great one pocket player finding those very aggressive shots that turn the tables on your opponent.

Comment

I see another option, with left spin, go above the 14 to the side rail and kick the 2 towards my pocket, about a half ball strike on the 2 is perfect, the CB will then go to the foot rail and rebound up in between the 12/10/3 catchers mitt...

However, at the table I would shoot John's shot the 10 into the 3 & stick on the 12... Sprinkle a little Locktite on him and see what he does...

Comment

Working...
                              X