OnePocket.org challenge match

youngstown

Verified Member
I think we should start something on our own. Member versus member. Streamed by a member. Commentated by members. Just us. I think it would be a great way to get to know each other, and promote our site. Don’t get me wrong, it’s great watching Dennis play Tony, but I also think a less intense more friendly and talkative matchup would be great to watch too.

Down the road maybe we could find several ways to have some fun with this. Action Matches, of course, but could also do Challenge List, Teams, Lifeline/Coached Matches, Grudge Match - Use your imagination. For starters though, maybe we just keep it simple.

Anyone interested in seeing this happen, or participating if in some manner? Let’s have at it...

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
you got my wheels turning. 8 man weekend tourney. "First Annual Miller Invitational......" (similar to what the gentleman did with the mini tourney on his 10' frank, hendy, wayne, etc. played).

11 total matches - conservative estimate about 22 hours of play. $100 buy in - 1st $500, 2nd $200, 3rd $100. send the wife and kid to visit family for the weekend, room for a few spectators, blue label table, aramith or cyclops balls, already have a camera mounted on the wall, possibly could have commentary set up in the Miller Polisher shop.....

:cool:

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

you got my wheels turning. 8 man weekend tourney. "First Annual Miller Invitational......" (similar to what the gentleman did with the mini tourney on his 10' frank, hendy, wayne, etc. played).

11 total matches - conservative estimate about 22 hours of play. $100 buy in - 1st $500, 2nd $200, 3rd $100. send the wife and kid to visit family for the weekend, room for a few spectators, blue label table, aramith or cyclops balls, already have a camera mounted on the wall, possibly could have commentary set up in the Miller Polisher shop.....

Cool idea. Like the “Beast in the East”. Could be the “Thrilla with the Milla”

jlcomp45

Verified Member
From
Cape Girardeau MO

:cool:

Put me in coach.

youngstown

Verified Member

I’d love to get in the ring, but it would need to be local.

MM

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
If it's not too far away, I would try to attend this riot - not to play, but maybe to do some commentary and see some faces. Always wanted to do that.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I’d love to get in the ring, but it would need to be local.

MM
I had an idea a few years ago for sort of a very simple One Pocket "Travel League" (for lack of a better description lol). The idea being take two players that are not too far apart, and for the purpose of a match they would be "partners" -- travel partners being the main motivation. So those two players travel together to meet two other players somewhere again not too, too far away, but possibly an overnight in those areas where players are further scattered, considering you now have a travel partner -- or at least someone to share company on a longer drive, if necessary. The matches would consist of a mix and match of singles, and could also include a partners match.

In our vBulliten software I believe I could add a zipcode field -- that would not have to be your actual home residence zipcode (it could if you wanted) but I was thinking more relevant would be the zipcode for where you like to play. For many of us I suspect its not the same zipcode -- for some of you lucky ones maybe it is where you live too. Then maybe with some programing help a map of us might even be possible???

Something like this might work for us.

youngstown

Verified Member

I had an idea a few years ago for sort of a very simple One Pocket "Travel League" (for lack of a better description lol). The idea being take two players that are not too far apart, and for the purpose of a match they would be "partners" -- travel partners being the main motivation. So those two players travel together to meet two other players somewhere again not too, too far away, but possibly an overnight in those areas where players are further scattered, considering you now have a travel partner -- or at least someone to share company on a longer drive, if necessary. The matches would consist of a mix and match of singles, and could also include a partners match.

In our vBulliten software I believe I could add a zipcode field -- that would not have to be your actual home residence zipcode (it could if you wanted) but I was thinking more relevant would be the zipcode for where you like to play. For many of us I suspect its not the same zipcode -- for some of you lucky ones maybe it is where you live too. Then maybe with some programing help a map of us might even be possible???

Something like this might work for us.

I like your idea. We can create a customized Google map with markers for each members hometown or hometown pool room. This would need to go on the website as a new page (protected from non member eyes?) but could be referenced in a new Matchups forum or whatever you want to call it. Then we go from there...

MM