WWYD - Need 3 in bottom right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWYD - Need 3 in bottom right

It’s -1 degrees outside and you haven’t showered yet and you need 3 in bottom right.

WWYD?

MM

WWYD - Need 3 in bottom right

Wait.. I’m over banking the 14 with inside to straighten it out and get the cue heading uptable in the right direction.
    Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

Originally posted by youngstownkid View Post
      It’s -1 degrees outside and you haven’t showered yet and you need 3 in bottom right.

WWYD?

MM
      Whether before or after my shower....if I'm playing for $10-$20 a game, I bank the 14...If I'm playing for $50-$100 a game, or at the DCC tournament, I play safe off the 8ball fo-sure...bailiff - call the next case...

- Ghost
      Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 01-07-2018, 02:17 PM.
      jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

14/2/8 game over....
        Click image for larger version

Name:	mm wwyd -1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	398356

Comment

I prefer bank on orange stripe and shoot the 8 next but that is because I that cross over bank is a hanger with shape for me

Comment

I think much preferable to the 14 bank, which I would be concerned would not let me get the CB clear and into the upper left corner, I would look at banking the 13 straight back with high left english which is likely to carry the CB above all the other ball and into the upper left corner.

And as Ghost has said, if I don't shoot that shot I will two rail the 8 leaving the CB near the side pocket.
            The early bird may get the worm...but the second mouse gets the cheese...Shutin@urholeisOVERATED.

Comment

how can you possibly pick a shot to shoot when you dont know how many he needs.

Comment

Originally posted by darmoose View Post
                I think much preferable to the 14 bank, which I would be concerned would not let me get the CB clear and into the upper left corner, I would look at banking the 13 straight back with high left english which is likely to carry the CB above all the other ball and into the upper left corner.

And as Ghost has said, if I don't shoot that shot I will two rail the 8 leaving the CB near the side pocket.
                I kinda like banking the 13 with a stun shot and play shape on the 14 or combo bank the 7-5 next.

Comment

If I felt that I could beat the kiss then I might consider this and then shoot the eight ball next.

Click image for larger version

Name:	beat the kiss.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	398358

Comment

Originally posted by beatle View Post
                    If you need 3 and there are 11 on the table , I'm going to take a wag he needs at least 8.

Comment

Originally posted by jtompilot View Post
                      I kinda like banking the 13 with a stun shot and play shape on the 14 or combo bank the 7-5 next.
                      my shot also , I prefer this to playing shape on the 8 from the 13 because the 13 ball will still be near my pocket if I miss.

Comment

Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
                        Whether before or after my shower....if I'm playing for $10-$20 a game, I bank the 14...If I'm playing for $50-$100 a game, or at the DCC tournament, I play safe off the 8ball fo-sure...bailiff - call the next case...

- Ghost
                        I like playing off the 8 - it's way safe, easy to control, and could pocket with bonus shots.

I might try to play the cue ball a little higher than shown to avoid giving up the 2 ball bank. It doesn't look like any of the cross corner banks go.

pj
                        chgo

[attachment]74162[/attachment]
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Patrick Johnson; 01-07-2018, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by beatle View Post
                          if you know you will make the bank ......
                          it doesnt matter how many he needs.............
                          just sayin....

Comment

good one larry.

Comment

It is difficult to judge from the photos but from the perceived table layout of balls, I will bank the 14-ball back to my pocket so long as my cue ball passes between the 2-ball and the 10-ball.

The same situation with the 8-ball. Once again it is difficult to judge from the photos, but from the perceived table layout of balls, the 1-ball being two railed back to my pocket is another option with the cue ball following down to the upper left hand (opponent's) long rail.

Comment

Working...
                              X