No announcement yet.

DCC standings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got back to So Cal late last night. I wish I could have gotten a ride from our own PILOT. My trip on southwest airlines was horrible. It was great to see all the One Pocket Org guys at DCC. Belated Happy Birthday to Fast Eddie. We talked a lot at DCC and his knowledge about our game is solid. I did pretty well and I did have a chance to beat Warren Kiamco but couldn't pull it off. TRex got me good but I did steal a game from him. I just found out that the final four are Chohan, Bergman, Busty and Dalton all with one loss. So the finals will be one race only. Unusual for DCC. I like Tony. If I was to complain its that we didn't play late enough on wednesday. Basically play was stopped around five for the Hall of Fame Ceremony. I think that DCC schedulers could have found matches to play and hold the ceremony too. Island Drive gave me a lucky mint to chew on in one of my matches. Billy you should market those mints.......they work.

Comment

• Originally posted by jerry matchin View Post
      I got back to So Cal late last night. I wish I could have gotten a ride from our own PILOT. My trip on southwest airlines was horrible. It was great to see all the One Pocket Org guys at DCC. Belated Happy Birthday to Fast Eddie. We talked a lot at DCC and his knowledge about our game is solid. I did pretty well and I did have a chance to beat Warren Kiamco but couldn't pull it off. TRex got me good but I did steal a game from him. I just found out that the final four are Chohan, Bergman, Busty and Dalton all with one loss. So the finals will be one race only. Unusual for DCC. I like Tony. If I was to complain its that we didn't play late enough on wednesday. Basically play was stopped around five for the Hall of Fame Ceremony. I think that DCC schedulers could have found matches to play and hold the ceremony too. Island Drive gave me a lucky mint to chew on in one of my matches. Billy you should market those mints.......they work.
      Congrats on a great showing, Mr. Huey. Are going to make it to the member's only tourney @ CA billiards? If so we can meet then.

Dave

Comment

• Guys thanks for all the well wishes this year. I really was able to focus and play a little squeeze one pocket against guys who should of beat me. In my banks match with hillbilly I never lost a game where I didn’t have 4 balls scored. Just couldn’t get there.

Really saw some of my weaknesses. Believe me I won’t have them next year. John b. Gave me some stuff to work on prior to next year and I believe it will help.

This is undoubtably some of the greatest guys around who are on this site. Totally supportive even when you are down in a match, always a smile or a fist pump when you are grinding as hard as you can. Believe me I grinded through two matches when I was two games to zero and came back to win both.

Really missed seeing Kentucky ghost and John Henderson this year. They always make me laugh at myself and my dreams to play this game better.

Hats off to baby Huey. He played great and I got to spend a few minutes speaking to him. Great guy.

Chicago mike is a hell of a bank player and I look forward for another match.
        Mitch just keeps improving. Cal is a hell of a character and fun to play against. John and Steve had my number this year good shooting guys. Crab John is a sleeper and better than I originally thought.

So another year ended and home again. Updated the white board by the pool table with goals needed to improve my ball pocketing and mental focus for next time.

I plan on beating all of you with a stick next year. Lol

B
        Execution of the shot, some days I have it some days I don't...

Comment

• Congratulations, bro, on your good play this year! It was nice to see that you didn't have to battle champions in the 1P right off the bat. I'm having eye surgery on Feb. 8, so maybe we can get together and bang 'em around a little after that.

~Doc

Comment

• Originally posted by 12squared View Post
            Wow, maybe it would help but Bergman's putting me to sleep. Great player but painful to watch. I have to leave so may not see any part of the 2nd game.

Who are the commentators? zzzzzzz
            I know what you mean. I haven’t seen him play lately but I think I’ve seen him play like that before and it is a bit slow and tedious to watch.

All that matters is winning in pool, so I suppose it doesn’t matter what the fans think. Or does it? I don’t know. Or, should be speed up and lose just to be more entertaining? Interesting questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by jerry matchin View Post
              I got back to So Cal late last night. I wish I could have gotten a ride from our own PILOT. My trip on southwest airlines was horrible. It was great to see all the One Pocket Org guys at DCC. Belated Happy Birthday to Fast Eddie. We talked a lot at DCC and his knowledge about our game is solid. I did pretty well and I did have a chance to beat Warren Kiamco but couldn't pull it off. TRex got me good but I did steal a game from him. I just found out that the final four are Chohan, Bergman, Busty and Dalton all with one loss. So the finals will be one race only. Unusual for DCC. I like Tony. If I was to complain its that we didn't play late enough on wednesday. Basically play was stopped around five for the Hall of Fame Ceremony. I think that DCC schedulers could have found matches to play and hold the ceremony too. Island Drive gave me a lucky mint to chew on in one of my matches. Billy you should market those mints.......they work.
              Jeremy and Scott both played right before the HOF dinner, and in fact their matches went a bit past 6 so they were a little late for the social part. Afterwards I know Shannon played -- still in his suit and tie lol. Also afterwards Brumback played and he got pretty hammered at the dinner -- he still won that match though As for other matches I don't know. I saw Jeremy around the tourney room but not in any matches.

The One Pocket really overran its intended final slot of 9 PM Thursday night -- I think at that point they still had at least 12 players. I know the tourney desk complained about the HOF dinner interfering, but come on, its only 3 hours max --actually a bit less for most people. They were behind schedule well before the dinner slot came up -- and they ended up about 5 rounds over-shooting their intended schedule of a 9 PM Thursday final. Each round is about 2-3 hours so the dinner itself cannot possibly cause a 5 round delay lol.

What I saw was a lot of slow play, and not once did I see anything said about it by the tournament staff. I saw one game that the last 4 shots literally took close to 45 minutes!! The two players each took 5-10 minutes looking at each of those shots, and then each player took a player break!! That added up to close to 45 minutes. It was a key point in the match, I will definitely grant them that, but still, I don't think that was a total exception.

I think they need to have a few play clocks that they can use if they have the usual suspects dragging matches out. Those players could be put on the clock for their following matches once they have been identified as falling way behind. Unfortunately this year there were a lot of very deliberate players deep in the One Pocket.

The other problem they had was that a bunch of the One Pocket finalists where also in the 9-ball -- like Bergman and Orcollo and even Chohan for example. Yet they had to keep playing One Pocket back-to-back-to back. I believe somehow Bergman played his 4th and 5th round 9-ball matches when the rest of the 9-ball was about done with the 6th round. Or maybe it was 5th and 6th when the rest were deep in the 7th. I have no idea how the tournament desk handles that except I know that's part of why there are TBD's in the scheduled matches list.

This is at least the second time I have missed being there for the One Pocket finals because they got postponed an extra day, but the last one was back at the E-West, so it was at least 10 years ago. In general what with the computer programs the TD desk uses, and the availability of the schedule online, the DCC tournament in general goes way smoother and less chaotic than in the old days.
              "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
              -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

Working...
              X