Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WWYD - ck vs opponent - shot 1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Playing safe off the 6 looks like a slow death, he will just bank the 7 ball and you’re back by the 8 and worse off, or cross the 2 ball if the cb falls right, and might run out...

    Shooting at the 6 looks like instant death if you don’t make it, I’m a gofer, but it would be hard to shake the dire consequences out of my head when pulling the trigger on that 6...

    I’d bank the 11 off the foot rail back to mid table on my side using left side spin english... This should let the cb go to the long rail above the 14 and either nudge the left side of the 10 ball or fall under it...

    Comment


    • #17
      I'm shooting the six in right now and drawing to the side rail. Go time and no time for doubt. Total commitment to the shot and you can win the game from there.

      Comment


      • #18
        There is no offensive shot here worth taking for the risk involved. The best option here is to leave the CB on the head rail midway between the center diamond and the first diamond on the opponents side of the table.

        The problem in doing this is as long as the 8 ball remains where it is, it does you no good because your opponent will just play off the 8 ball and leave you on the head rail again. Worse yet, if he is smart enough to eliminate the 8 ball, you are stuck up there, and must now come down table which is dangerous.

        So, I am gonna bank the 8 ball over to my side, probably near my side pocket, focusing on getting the CB on the head rail between the first diamond and the center diamond. If I accomplish this, he has no shot at his hole, and will be forced to shoot something down table bringing the CB down table, where I can get to at least one of those balls near is hole to clear it.

        P.S. Love you gofers shooting the 6 ball. Just outta curiosity, how many outta 10 are you gonna make that shot, and bw willing to bet your coinage on that? I'll go first, I could make maybe 3-4 outta 10.
        Last edited by darmoose; 03-08-2018, 09:25 AM. Reason: added thought
        The early bird may get the worm...but the second mouse gets the cheese...Shutin@urholeisOVERATED.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by darmoose View Post
          There is no offensive shot here worth taking for the risk involved. The best option here is to leave the CB on the head rail midway between the center diamond and the first diamond on the opponents side of the table.

          The problem in doing this is as long as the 8 ball remains where it is, it does you no good because your opponent will just play off the 8 ball and leave you on the head rail again. Worse yet, f he is smart enough to eliminate the 8 ball, you are stuck up there, and must now come down table which s dangerous.

          So, I am gonna bank the 8 ball over to my side, probably near my side pocket, focusing on getting the CB on the head rail between the first diamond and the center diamond. If I accomplish this, he has no shot at his hole, and will be forced to shoot something down table bringing the CB down table, where I can get to at least one of those balls near is hole to clear it.
          Maybe not worth the risk if I'm not practicing much. But right now I'm shooting straight and I'm shooting it everyday and making this shot a lot. The six is my shot for sure. Not right for everyone I guess, but right for me.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by jalapus logan View Post
            Maybe not worth the risk if I'm not practicing much. But right now I'm shooting straight and I'm shooting it everyday and making this shot a lot. The six is my shot for sure. Not right for everyone I guess, but right for me.
            Can't argue, your choice is your choice. How many outta 10 are you gonna bet your coin you can make that shot?
            The early bird may get the worm...but the second mouse gets the cheese...Shutin@urholeisOVERATED.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by darmoose View Post
              Can't argue, your choice is your choice. How many outta 10 are you gonna bet your coin you can make that shot?
              Don't know. If I get a chance, I'll shoot it ten times tonight and find out.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by jalapus logan View Post
                Don't know. If I get a chance, I'll shoot it ten times tonight and find out.
                Thanks Jalapus,

                Not meaning to challenge your shot choice, just wondering what thought process players go through in deciding to shoot. I also would ad that if your gonna draw the CB that side pocket looms large, and lastly, if you don't get shape to make that ball on the spot, shooting the 6 ball might not be worth much. Just wondering,, I know you play with Bruce frequently, what would he say or try to teach?
                The early bird may get the worm...but the second mouse gets the cheese...Shutin@urholeisOVERATED.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Not saying what I shot yet, but I think most who know me or who have played me probably knows I don't shoot the 6 here.

                  Mostly because I don't play often enough to be consistent and even though I was winning, my confidence was not high enough to pull the trigger on a shot like that.

                  I may make 1 or 2 out of 10...

                  Neil, I know you shoot straight buddy and I do think you would probably shoot it here and make it more times than not...but not for me!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I am looking to pick up 3-4 balls here, starting with the 6.

                    Hardmix

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Hardmix View Post
                      I am looking to pick up 3-4 balls here, starting with the 6.

                      Hardmix
                      Ok Ben, you can get away with that one too, you straight shooting.&%&%....

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I don't see the mortal danger in shooting the 6. I'd shoot it with a little draw to put the CB near the side rail with a look at the 7. I figure my opponent's chances of missing the combo are at least as good as my chances of missing the 6.

                        However, if that leaves him a cut on the 11 I'm passing.

                        pj
                        chgo

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I’ll let the Kid play anyone here suggesting they want to shoot the 6 at their pocket... 1 game per individual, $1000.00 a game... I don’t believe JJ would shoot at it, but just in case, he’s barred... Not trying to high roll anybody, just trying to make a point... I’d shoot at it for 10 bucks a game... add a little pressure, and it ain’t no gimme...

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Jeff sparks View Post
                            I’ll let the Kid play anyone here suggesting they want to shoot the 6 at their pocket... 1 game per individual, $1000.00 a game... I don’t believe JJ would shoot at it, but just in case, he’s barred... Not trying to high roll anybody, just trying to make a point... I’d shoot at it for 10 bucks a game... add a little pressure, and it ain’t no gimme...
                            Jeff, I respectfully disagree. Pocketing the 6 and leaving the CB close to the rail is not a difficult shot.

                            Someone can throw this one on the pile of other prop bet scenarios that have been discussed over time.

                            Ben

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I would probably shoot the 5 straight into the rail towards the 14. A touch of top left rolling the cue under the 4. Both balls should go towards my pocket and the cue is safe. Sometimes you just have to go for a tough one to get safe.
                              Execution of the shot, some days I have it some days I don't...

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by lll View Post
                                frank
                                i am sure your shot is a good choice as you have way more skill and experience than i do
                                but
                                what i dont like about your shot is it opens up the 11 to go in his pocket
                                and removes a ball that could go for me
                                now that corner where the 8 ball is leaves only the 8 to worry about
                                there is no shot on the 6 anymore
                                jmho
                                icbw
                                Larry at this point in the game I'm mainly concerned with getting out of this inning and getting back to the table again. I will deal with whatever he does on my next turn.

                                Shooting at the six even if you make it doesn't guarantee another shot especially if you run into the nine or the five. To get a shot on the seven you would have to draw to the side rail and it looks like that would require for you to elevate the butt of your cue and that in it's self makes the shot more challenging.

                                The balls are sitting too good to tempt him with a shot since there will be a big reward if he makes one. I see four balls that have and open path to his pocket. His opportunity for risk and reward are much better than yours if you decide to shot at that six ball. For that reason I'm taking him to the other end of the table.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X