WWYD - ck vs opponent - shot 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWYD - ck vs opponent - shot 1

As i mentioned in the other thread I was able to tango a little yesterday so I was able to take some pics on a couple of WWYD's.

Here is the first one.

Playing even, you are 2 games and up in ball score 3-2. You have the corner with nothing near it.

Your shot, what would you do?

I have no idea if this is "on" or not and I am not at a table. I was playing Piggy yesterday and he shot a very similar shot; although the 14 may have not been there so his had a little less risk.
    Can you try it if you are by a table?

I think if I am shooting I probably have to take an intentional here.
    I would one rail the cue ball about where that chalk is to lay down by his hole hopefully covering the 2.

I might try shooting the 11 straight on and following down on the 4 but you risk a scratch.
    Attached Files

Comment

cut the 6 in and run out............
      like chappo says you dont win if you dont shoot at your hole.......
      Last edited by lll; 03-07-2018, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Shooting the 6 all day, whether I make it or miss it!

Comment

I'm playing safe off the six. I don't think I'm ready to give up the game by shooting it to my hole.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	safe off the six.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	398837

Comment

I think I bank the eight and bring the cue ball right back to where it is. He has to take the eight out and I get a bank from there.

Comment

I'd love to be able to bank the 8 straight-back with inside, but it probably doesn't lay right.

Otherwise I'd just roll into the 8 and leave the CB on the rail.

~Doc

Comment

roll on top of the eight.

Comment

Originally posted by FastEddieF. View Post
                  roll on top of the eight.
                  make him shoot over the eight.

Comment

I am fairly certain I would bank the eight near my hole and leave cue ball frozen on top rail to encourage a mistake
                    Last edited by catkins; 03-07-2018, 08:58 PM. Reason: worte ate not eight

Comment

Kick the eight ball to your side and stick the cueball. You may not make it but you can place it close.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Almanza View Post
                        I'm playing safe off the six. I don't think I'm ready to give up the game by shooting it to my hole.
                        [ATTACH]21922[/ATTACH]
                        By far the best option. No need for Hero worship yet.
                        Regards,

Nick B

Name: Nick Beretanos

Comment

Originally posted by cincy_kid View Post
                          As i mentioned in the other thread I was able to tango a little yesterday so I was able to take some pics on a couple of WWYD's.

Here is the first one.

Playing even, you are 2 games and up in ball score 3-2. You have the corner with nothing near it.

Your shot, what would you do?
                          I think I'd end up just cinching the 6 or playing Frank's shot.

But I'd at least spend some time looking at hitting the 5 a little left of a full hit and medium firm, with top. I'm aiming as though I were *trying* to get the cue ball to hug the long rail and scratch (under the theory I would never execute that on the first try!). As long as the 5 doesn't hit the 14 dead full, it should clear both balls toward my hole.
                          "LOL ... judging by your shot selections you play good" -- Hacker, September 29, 2015.

Comment

I like Frank's move off the 6. You just can't possibly mess it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Almanza View Post
                              [ATTACH]21922[/ATTACH]
                              frank
                              i am sure your shot is a good choice as you have way more skill and experience than i do
                              but
                              what i dont like about your shot is it opens up the 11 to go in his pocket
                              and removes a ball that could go for me
                              now that corner where the 8 ball is leaves only the 8 to worry about
                              there is no shot on the 6 anymore
                              jmho
                              icbw

Comment

Working...
                              X