No announcement yet.

WWYD - ck vs opponent - shot 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take a intentional and tuck in behind the 8.

Hardmix

Comment

Bank the 13 back towards your hole.
      No english just follow....
      Get the cueball back towards the 7.
      Attached Files

Comment

good shot fats. i like shooting the 6 into the 1 and knocking it and the 8 away and getting the cue ball to the long rail. yea i might leave a bank if not high enough but i need to move some balls here. and moving the 6 opens 3 balls for your hole.

or shoot fats shot and leave him long with one near your hole.

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoFats View Post
          Great shot fats BUT, being froze to the 11 and having to jack up on the shot, it's too hard to execute for me.

Comment

Originally posted by cincy_kid View Post
            to Neil and Peter:

If you leave the CB right there on the 6 or straight in on the 11, don't you sell out the 11 cross corner bank on the 11?
            Yes, that's why I added that one should also pray from there...

Comment

I'm kicking the 4 in pocket speed

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Jackets View Post
                I'm kicking the 4 in pocket speed
                I think I would be afraid of giving up the bank on the eleven while he also picks up the nine ball.

Comment

I am shooting the 12 at the two ball but focusing on getting the cue ball behind the ball near opponents hole. when I am playing a lot I will execute that shot more than I wont if I am out of stroke and if the line is there I am kicking to the back of the 2

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoFats View Post
                    that looks like it lays well! I am not brave enough to shoot it jacked up but I like the shot

Comment

Was curious to see some more thoughts on this one and maybe some more will come in later but Frank, I thought about your intentional kick. It was the first thing I thought of and almost pulled the trigger, but I was afraid on how precise I had to be on my speed.

So I elected to do what Doc had suggested early on..

I decided I wanted to put the CB behind the 2b. I felt I had a bigger margin for error in my speed going up 1 or 2 rails behind the 2 than if I tried Frank's intentional shot down near the foot rail.

Again, my speed wasn't the best, but it accomplished what I tried to do and got me out of the inning unscathed..

here is how it turned out:

Thanks for all the replies!

Comment

Originally posted by cincy_kid View Post
                        Was curious to see some more thoughts on this one and maybe some more will come in later but Frank, I thought about your intentional kick. It was the first thing I thought of and almost pulled the trigger, but I was afraid on how precise I had to be on my speed.

So I elected to do what Doc had suggested early on..

I decided I wanted to put the CB behind the 2b. I felt I had a bigger margin for error in my speed going up 1 or 2 rails behind the 2 than if I tried Frank's intentional shot down near the foot rail.

Again, my speed wasn't the best, but it accomplished what I tried to do and got me out of the inning unscathed..

here is how it turned out:

Thanks for all the replies!
                        thanks for the wwyd...

Comment

I tried to post earlier but something happened to my post, anyways I like kicking in the 4ball here. I don't believe you will leave a bank on the 11ball it seems to be hidden behind the 14ball, if that's the case then I'm kicking in the 4ball.

Dr. Bill

Comment

Originally posted by wincardona View Post
                            I tried to post earlier but something happened to my post, anyways I like kicking in the 4ball here. I don't believe you will leave a bank on the 11ball it seems to be hidden behind the 14ball, if that's the case then I'm kicking in the 4ball. Dr. Bill
                            With the 4 ball a least a ball's width from the pocket, and almost on the rail, it requires an exact hit on the 4 ball to make. Also, right spin has to be applied to the CB to get the angle, which puts a little guessing into it. And if the shot is missed, it might leave an easy combo on the 14-11. Still, some guys might have a good feel for that type of kick shot.

For another offensive shot, the 2-1 combination seems about the same level of difficulty. If the CB is drawn back, and the 1 doesn't pocket, the only possible sell out would be the 9. But it's not an easy shot when you realize that if missed, the opponent is going to get 4 or 5. And if made, that's all there is to get.

A decent defensive shot would be rolling off the left side of the 12, trying to put the CB right back where it was. It might also be possible to thin off the 2 and roll down by the 6-11.

~Doc

Comment

Take the intentional two-rails behind the deuce.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X