Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Entry Thread for 2018 onepocket.org Member's Tourney

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Frank Almanza View Post
    Does anybody know what cue ball we're using for the tournament so that I can get ready? I wanted to be there on Wednesday but it's going to be Thursday. I will be looking for a warm up game.
    I will be there Thursday’s and a warmup game with a hair cut would work for me.. you are Da Barber right?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Frank Almanza View Post
      Does anybody know what cue ball we're using for the tournament so that I can get ready? I wanted to be there on Wednesday but it's going to be Thursday. I will be looking for a warm up game.
      I think I heard they will be using the red circle cue ball.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Knuckles54 View Post
        I will be there Thursday’s and a warmup game with a hair cut would work for me.. you are Da Barber right?
        Yes I am Dabarbr. It will be a pleasure to meet you.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Frank Almanza View Post
          Yes I am Dabarbr. It will be a pleasure to meet you.
          Thanks Frank, I’m new but have been listening and studying all I can. I believe your name came up as a very good player, maybe it was John H talking when commentary a match.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Frank Almanza View Post
            Does anybody know what cue ball we're using for the tournament so that I can get ready? I wanted to be there on Wednesday but it's going to be Thursday. I will be looking for a warm up game.
            Red Circle and probably Measles on the stream.
            JOHN HENDERSON
            Al Romero Cue
            Magic Chalk

            Comment


            • Why would they use different cue ball on stream table ? Makes no sense.

              Comment


              • Official Entry Thread for 2018 onepocket.org Member's Tourney

                Originally posted by rnewkirk View Post
                Why would they use different cue ball on stream table ? Makes no sense.


                Probably something we could still vote on.
                Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

                Comment


                • I vote same cue ball for every match!!!!!!!! (I vote 3,000 times)

                  The measles ball adds nothing to the stream in my opinion. Anyone watching one pocket already knows about the spin.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by 12squared View Post
                    I vote same cue ball for every match!!!!!!!! (I vote 3,000 times)

                    The measles ball adds nothing to the stream in my opinion. Anyone watching one pocket already knows about the spin.
                    I win the dunce cap.

                    I play red circle and measle-ball and can't tell the difference. They weigh the same. I wonder why they play differently for almost everyone but me?

                    Doh!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by LSJohn View Post
                      I win the dunce cap.

                      I play red circle and measle-ball and can't tell the difference. They weigh the same. I wonder why they play differently for almost everyone but me?

                      Doh!
                      You wear it well my friend! LOL If both cue balls are brand new plus the set of # balls are new, no issues. But that is hardly the case.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by 12squared View Post
                        You wear it well my friend! LOL If both cue balls are brand new plus the set of # balls are new, no issues. But that is hardly the case.
                        About a month ago I went to Buffallos’s and weighed several sets of balls and all the cue balls I could get. Most of the balls weighted 167 grams. A few Centennial balls were undersized and weighed less. All the measle balls weighed 167-168g.
                        One red circle was 156g, one was 167, several were around 164 or so. Blue circles were 167.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by jtompilot View Post
                          About a month ago I went to Buffallos’s and weighed several sets of balls and all the cue balls I could get. Most of the balls weighted 167 grams. A few Centennial balls were undersized and weighed less. All the measle balls weighed 167-168g.
                          One red circle was 156g, one was 167, several were around 164 or so. Blue circles were 167.
                          Well, I've heard other tests that showed closer, but according to your group it looks like the measles are more consistent, and a little heavier. I've heard that different phenolic resins the balls are made from may cause different amounts of friction.

                          I once tried to compare the accuracy of two shotguns by shooting 7 1/2 shot at a target 300 yards away. I couldn't tell any difference. If you can't hit what you're shooting at anyway.... :

                          Comment


                          • This is my second members tournament, New Orleans was great, couldn't make it to Chicago, looking forward to seeing old acquaintances and meeting new ones.


                            Arriving on Tuesday, will have plenty of time to match up with other members.


                            Have a safe trip.


                            John

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by LSJohn View Post
                              Well, I've heard other tests that showed closer, but according to your group it looks like the measles are more consistent, and a little heavier. I've heard that different phenolic resins the balls are made from may cause different amounts of friction.

                              I once tried to compare the accuracy of two shotguns by shooting 7 1/2 shot at a target 300 yards away. I couldn't tell any difference. If you can't hit what you're shooting at anyway.... :
                              John, you crack me up sometimes... Love your sense of humor John...

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by LSJohn View Post
                                Well, I've heard other tests that showed closer, but according to your group it looks like the measles are more consistent, and a little heavier. I've heard that different phenolic resins the balls are made from may cause different amounts of friction.

                                I once tried to compare the accuracy of two shotguns by shooting 7 1/2 shot at a target 300 yards away. I couldn't tell any difference. If you can't hit what you're shooting at anyway.... :
                                Take two steps forward. Make sure your arm and stick is aligned with your nose before you pick it

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X