Official Entry Thread for 2018 onepocket.org Member's Tourney

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
I would love to play in the 2018 Members Tournament...but there is just one small component missing to enable me to do that = lack of a stakehorse....:cool:...

This stakehorse necessitated unfortunately by my current financial situation consisting of severe business decline, medical bills, etc....:(...:frus...

So I would reluctantly and embarassingly accept a partnership with a stakehorse...:eek:....myself not needing fancy accommodations, or expensive meals, I figure $1,350 should cover plane ticket, hotel, meals, & tournament entry...and of course gambling stakehorsing at the venue would also be accepted (and highly recommended)...

First gentleman/entrepeneur that pm's me to jump on this lucrative money-making opportunity gets the position - act fast, don't miss out...:cool:...

- Ghost

Ps, I'm in dead stroke...only guys who would have any chance of beating me out there are Oscar, Amar, & John Schmidt...:heh

So Ghostie,:heh:heh

It's lookin like I am not going to get to defend my Beast In The East title this year, very disappointing, especially since I've completed my "Triangulator" and was so looking forward to testing it out.

So, I'm thinking, maybe Ghostie would be the perfect subject (like Forrest Whitaker in Color of Money) to test out the "Triangulator". Maybe You could get a sponsorship, and if you win I could even cut you in for, say, 2% of sales, or something like that.

I would just need to know, for fitting purposes only, how big is your head?:rolleyes: And, if it's ok to drill a small hole to connect to your ocular nerve, no big deal.:D Let me know what you think?

Yours truly

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Too Early for Worry !

Too Early for Worry !

Bumping this up. There are only 11 registered for the event so far and I have not received any "maybes" either.

Matt, no need to worry. 12 paid, and 13 when you get JohnH's money.

Also, just like John, there are a bunch that I think will be, or should be, entering soon. IslandDrive(Bill), Tom Wirth, Keoneyo, BernieP, Wayne Pullen(yougotaction), and pre-tourney favorite NickB. I am sure that my good friend Col Bille(WGCP) will be there and hopefully bring 1holenut(Jason) with him.

I think there are a lot of members waiting to see if they can get a room at a discount across street at the Hilton. Until that is announced, I have taken Hendy's suggestion and made reservations at Good Nite Inn, Fremont. Will move when and if discounted rooms are available, since I am bringing my wife.

Our main members and posters like Mitch(Mkbtank), Dustin(Miller), YoungstownKid(Mark), ChicagoMike(Eck), JoeyA, my good friend Unoperro(Mike Filholm), Casey Kilian(straightshooter), NHJohn, ScrzBill(Myers).

Surely, I won't be the only rep from Texas. TallJeff, Troutmano(Maurice), and Billy(wincardone), come on.

So many others like Crabbcat John, Fast Eddie Friedman, III(LarryL)Bill Rowsey, Darrell(Darmoose), and many others.

Owner Chris Swart, Lenny(POVPOOL), surely they can play.

My wife and I are looking forward to meeting Jtom's wife. Also, I think J.R. is bringing his wife - look forward to meeting her, also. Maybe both wives will distract their straight shooting husbands. Jim and John both play very good.

If I left you out - Cary, poolisboring, CoryinDC, and others - please try to make it.
CincyKid has a good reason to not make this event with a little bambino on the way.

TheGhost(Bruce) and LSJohn(Nevin) will be missed if they do not show up.

Like Forrest Gump, "That's about all I got to say about that".

Looking forward to a great tournament and camaraderie.

P.S. - On second thought, maybe we could do without NickB showing up. He played too well in the US Open 1-Pkt in Vegas. No Canadians ! LOL:D

unoperro

Verified Member
Guys, i was truly looking forward to seeing yall again. Trouble is I am doggone busy now. Our winter carries on,3 inches forecast today,and these pups are in their formative stage.
Take this guy,Willie the Wonderdog. Take the pups out and you wonder where that darn Willie went?

Attachments

• 20180320_102455.jpg
    20180320_102455.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 0

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Official Entry Thread for 2018 onepocket.org Member's Tourney

I am working on it this week. Trying to make it happen. My birthday is Saturday so I’m trying to work it in as my present (the wifely blessing, not the trip lol). It’s going to be a strong field and I would love to meet the west coasters whom I have not met yet. Heck, it’s worth it just to get a haircut from Da Barber!!! :) not to mention practicing the Art of War with Keone, while ducking Wayne :).

jlcomp45

Verified Member
From
Cape Girardeau MO
I looked at flights & hotels, but unfortunately my job picks vacation in October of each year - and summer months obviously fill early so I won't be able to make the journey. Hopefully the decision of when & where gets nailed down early this year for next. Looks like it will be a great time & I know Matt will have things well in hand running it.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I think most know I would love to be there but I still don't think it will and time is running out.

PS - Robert maybe you are confusing me with someone else - No little bambinos on the way here...just our 4 cats and a dog.... :)

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Bad memory !!

Bad memory !!

I think most know I would love to be there but I still don't think it will and time is running out.

PS - Robert maybe you are confusing me with someone else - No little bambinos on the way here...just our 4 cats and a dog.... :)[/QUOTE

Sorry, Chris. I can not remember which member is having a baby. I know you are one of the few young enough to be having one.

I know it's not me:D, ! I had a good chance of being right, since most of us are old fogies.

Hope to see you there. WHO is having a little one ? I can't remember.:sorry

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Owner Chris Swart, Lenny(POVPOOL), surely they can play.

Excellent post Robert, but just to clarify: Lenny is "On The Rail TV" and Daniel is "POVPOOL" who will be streaming this event I think. You kind of mixed them up, but at your age... :eek::D:lol

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Dave <---- the only name I remember 90% of the time

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
lol, good point Robert hehe...

Good luck to everyone. If I don't go you better believe I will be sweating the stream!

Don't forget, both of our member tourneys so far have been knocked off by members from Texas!

http://www.onepocket.org/members-tournament/

2016 Champ: Jeff Sparks
2017 Champ: Robert Newkirk

So although, both of these gentlemen are fine upstanding individuals, I hope we can spread the wealth around the country and have the winner be from another state this year! What are they drinking in their tea down there anyways?? :)

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Excellent post Robert, but just to clarify: Lenny is "On The Rail TV" and Daniel is "POVPOOL" who will be streaming this event I think. You kind of mixed them up, but at your age... :eek::D:lol

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Dave <---- the only name I remember 90% of the time

Dave, Thanks for correcting me. For some reason, I have always gotten Daniel and Lenny mixed up.:confused: My apologies to Daniel (POVpool). See
everyone 1st of June.

Arriving Wednesday, May 30, for practice ! Looking for room special across street !?!

sneakynito

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX

PS - Robert maybe you are confusing me with someone else - No little bambinos on the way here...just our 4 cats and a dog.... :)

Sorry, Chris. I can not remember which member is having a baby. I know you are one of the few young enough to be having one.

I know it's not me:D, ! I had a good chance of being right, since most of us are old fogies.

Hope to see you there. WHO is having a little one ? I can't remember.:sorry

That's me. Little one expected June 10th.

Last edited:

Nick B

Verified Member
From
Vancouver, Canada
Hey wait a minute...I just saw this. The last time before the US Open I was playing any one pocket (other then clowning around with a friend who can't play) was in Chicago losing to you.

That's it Mr. Newkirk. Challenge accepted. I'm taking the family for a long vacation to Greece but will make a sorte into SFO to get my butt handed to me again by Texas before I go.

I'm in.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I just pinged Chris on facebook that people were waiting on the hotel pricing. Hopefully this will be done soon.

I thought hotel pricing was a done deal. You have to call the hotel directly and mention California Billiards/Pool Tournament to get the special pricing.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
I thought hotel pricing was a done deal. You have to call the hotel directly and mention California Billiards/Pool Tournament to get the special pricing.

That may be in place but I'm not sure it was ever announced. I booked a room at the GoodNight Inn so I never checked again. Someone should call?