Official Entry Thread for 2018 onepocket.org Member's Tourney

unoperro

Verified Member
Just in case others cannot read the first post in this thread :eek::frus:D:lol:sorry .....

This is the official thread for the sign-ups for the 3rd annual onepocket.org tournament that will take place at California Billiards June 1st-3rd.

Steve will be putting a detailed thread together with hotel information and additional details as they become available and I will update this post with that information.

The tournament did fill up fast with verified members the last 2 years but there were a couple of last minute cancellations. I would encourage anyone that would like to participate to register ASAP.

I will be keeping a spreadsheet of paid entrants and arrival times and updating it on the site every few days.

When payment is made regardless if it is via PayPal or check, I will need your full name, USERNAME and estimated arrival so the spreadsheet is accurate.

Please also let me know when you anticipate arriving in Fremont for the tournament

- Green Fees TBD.
- Payment for the $100 entry fee is as follows:
- Payment can be sent via check or PayPal:

Mathew Hilton
14860 Danville Ave W.
Rosemount, MN 55068

PayPal should be sent as Friends and Family to mathew.hilton@gmail.com

I will also be working on getting shirt sizes and style (polo or t-shirt) for each member that would like one as well. If you could include that in the notes with payment, that would save some time as well. Once I have the design ready, I will let everyone know.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Matt (mhilton777)

Attendee list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Rf_t4B/pubhtml

So the ball is in Steve's court. Ltd # of enties?

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
So the ball is in Steve's court. Ltd # of enties?

I'm pretty sure he said 32 like the first 2 but I could have missed somewhere that said otherwise. I do remember that Hendy or someone said they had plenty of tables to accommodate as many members as we could get there so I would guess if 33 show up, they aren't going to make someone sit! (dont quote me just guessing hehe)

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Entry paid, check
Flight booked,check, arrive on Thursday at 1130 in the afternoon
Room booked, check, staying with mr. Henderson.

Mr. Newkirk, Mitch, Nick, and anyone else who needs extra cash please add me to your dance card on Thursday evening. We can have our own little tournament where you keep playing even if you have lost 3 games. Lol

Really hope my stuck horse on his high horse will saddle up and get his butt in gear and get his tail out of Washington for a little pool action and a couple of good belly laughs.

Matt I need an xl polo, I have started to blossom a bit since retirement.

Get your engines started boys this is going to be a hell of a ride.:eek:

B

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Entry paid, check

Mr. Newkirk, Mitch, Nick, and anyone else who needs extra cash please add me to your dance card on Thursday evening. We can have our own little tournament where you keep playing even if you have lost 3 games. Lol

Really hope my stuck horse on his high horse will saddle up and get his butt in gear and get his tail out of Washington for a little pool action and a couple of good belly laughs.

B

Easy money for sure:eek:

Just kidding Billie

Nick B

Verified Member
From
Vancouver, Canada

Entry paid, check

B

The only way I’m getting your money is if we play snooker. I’m still trying to juggle some stuff to get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
The only way I’m getting your money is if we play snooker. I’m still trying to juggle some stuff to get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have two Riley 6 x 12’s at CA Billiards. I don’t play snooker but we do have some nice Golf Ring Games where a straight shooter like you can make some $$.:D

povpool

Verified Member
From
Studio City, CA
I would like to play but, I really don't think it's best. Geraldine and I will promote this a little more on our end.

KevinMcLaughlin

2018 One Pocket Tournament at CA Billiards

2018 One Pocket Tournament at CA Billiards

I’m looking forward to playing in my first one pocket.org tournament. I paypalled my entry as requested.

Kevin Mc Laughlin
San Rafael, CA
415-847-2330
Arriving at noon on June 1, 2018

Shirt size: X-Large

Last edited:

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Ok fellas... it’s confirmed!!! I AM IN!!!!! PayPaling entry fee and looking for flights tonight! Can’t wait!!!!

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Entry paid, check

Nothing would make me happier than being at the members tournament but there is no reason for me to be there. I can’t play in tournaments any more and I have accepted that fact but I don’t want to sit around and do nothing. At least when OP.Org controlled the stream, I had something to do, but we got ****ed this time and are forced to use outsiders. You forget I am a stuck horse because I cannot practice and haven’t booked a winner in three years. If I ever get my tables set up, things may change, until then, maybe at the 4th annual tournament.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I’m looking forward to playing in my first one pocket.org tournament. I paypalled my entry as requested.

Kevin Mc Laughlin
San Rafael, CA
415-847-2330
Arriving at noon on June 1, 2018

Shirt size: X-Large

Congratulations on your entry into the members only tournament and also on your first post in 12 yrs.. Hope you'll continue to participate in the forums:)

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Crabbcat

Crabbcat

John, I hope that you can make it.

When I was a teenager, I spent the summer in Hopkinsville. Hitchhiked to Paducah and stumbled upon an open air poolroom. Was a tall, thin redhead there who they introduced as TJ. I dodged a bullet by not playing him(broke).

But, my question is, how long have you lived in area and do you remember a
nine ball player named John Young from Hopkinsville ? And also a man named Pig Choates that owned the action pool room in Hopkinsville, this was 1965. Also, by chance, a man named Henry Grigsby (sp?) .

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Also, by chance, a man named Henry Grigsby (sp?) .

Yeah, I knew Henry's wife Eleanor.

Eleanor Grigsby used to pick up the rice in the church where a wedding had been. I think she lived in a dream. I remember how she used to wait at the window wearing a face that she kept in a jar by the door.

Who was it for? :confused:

If I remember right, Father McKenzie wrote a sermon about her, but no one heard it.

:p

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Yeah, I knew Henry's wife Eleanor.

Eleanor Grigsby used to pick up the rice in the church where a wedding had been. I think she lived in a dream. I remember how she used to wait at the window wearing a face that she kept in a jar by the door.

Who was it for? :confused:

If I remember right, Father McKenzie wrote a sermon about her, but no one heard it.

:p

they sound like lonely people......