Official Entry Thread for 2018 onepocket.org Member's Tourney

jay helfert

Verified Member
Ogburn entered an open tournament Bill... At Bogies, remember? :)
Good player, always was and still is at 75 years old, he won it...

He won the Super Senior's (over 70) One Pocket in Houston last year. I know because we roomed together and I bought him in the Calcutta. He had to beat Henderson, Christopher and Incardona on the last day to win!

I'm wondering how many entries there are and if there is a list. I want to see if there is anyone I can beat on there. :)

Last edited:

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Would there be, or could there be a second chance tourney for those that go out on Saturday. To clarify I am thinking that it would be a totally separate tournament from the members tournament, and not a buy back in.

I am thinking it would be held on Sunday. Whitey

chicagomike

Verified Member
Some very good posts here and I can see that, at the very least, we have some passion about this game we all love. :)

I was going to post something the other day but figured since I was not attending this year, I would refrain. However, it seems a lot of people are posting their ideas/suggestions so I will chime in with my opinions too.

I wont be attending the event, not because I don't want to but it just isn't in the cards this year. I sure hope I can next year, the first 2 were awesome and I will miss seeing some of the friends I have made since joining the site and some new ones I look forward to meeting someday!

I agree with Keoneyo that this is only our 3rd tournament and we are learning as we go, so nothing to go crazy about, let's take notes and make it better moving forward.

For what it's worth, I personally would love it if Chohan or any other top pros would join the site and actively post, I could think of nothing better! After all, we are all trying to learn and get better so sharing their knowledge or expertise or insight would be very helpful to most of us imo. And if that were the case and they wanted to play in our tourney after being an active participant on the site, I say heck yea, I dont care how well they play, anyone can lose a race to 3.

However, if it's someone who joins just to play and knock us all off, well then I would say they shouldn't be able to play. Kind of like Miller said, it's almost like you have to "pay to play". Whether that means pay with real money through sponsoring a player, buying HOF tickets, grabbing some merchandise or any other monetary contribution. You can also pay with your time and post on the forums, become an active part of the community and engage with us! Some of us try to do all of the above but I think they are equally important.

John, the calculations of posts all come from VBulletin software that make up the forums. I will have to double check but it "should" not only have total posts but maybe somewhere also have "average posts per day" or a similar matrix. I think coming up with a number that seems fair to all would be a good solution for part of our "active member" issue.

At the end of the day, I am here to help support Steve and onepocket.org the best ways I can. That will probably involve a lot of posts from me (sorry I get to multitask at work all day, lol) and helping with the website stuff as I can.

My hope is that onepocket.org will always be a good resource for those wanting to learn the game or improve their current game as well as a place where like-minded individuals can come together and talk about this great past-time of ours!

I know the tourney is going to be a blast for all who attend and I also know that with every tournament we will learn something that will help for the following year.

Have fun and play well, I look forward to seeing some of you on the stream!!
I agree Cincy... I have thoughts similar to yours. I had intially planned on attending, but due to limited vacation time and typically having to work weekends I am using the majority of my vacation time to get my photography off the ground and running. I plan on attending next year no matter where the venue.

chicagomike

Verified Member
I'll miss you all at the tournament, but thankfully I don't believe there are any outstanding meals owed to me or that I owe from the Chicago tourney. Hope to see you all at Derby if not sooner somewhere. I'll keep practicing assuming that I'll get caught up with one you monsters at some upcoming event!

HowardK

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
Verified Member?

Verified Member?

I hope I get entry to this year's member's tournament in Fremont. I really enjoy the game and look forward to putting some faces to the names that post on the website. This is a fantastic website with many WWYD scenarios. One can really learn the different shot options and opinions. Anyway, I would look forward to next year's tournament. Anyone know where that may take place? Griff's?

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
I hope I get entry to this year's member's tournament in Fremont. I really enjoy the game and look forward to putting some faces to the names that post on the website. This is a fantastic website with many WWYD scenarios. One can really learn the different shot options and opinions. Anyway, I would look forward to next year's tournament. Anyone know where that may take place? Griff's?

Hi Howard,
I'm looking forward to seeing you again at CA Billiards. Re: your question on location for next year, I think they try to get to a different region each event and since Griff's was in the running this year, probably not. But I am not in the "know", just a guess.

See you soon!
Dave

jlcomp45

Verified Member
From
Cape Girardeau MO
I'm with Chicago Mike - regardless of where it's held, as long as it's the 1st weekend in June, I'm making plans now to be able to attend. So far every room chosen has been fantastic. Hopefully it will be someplace where the 2 & outs like me will have a chance to play once round 2 is over. :D

mhilton777

Verified Member
From
Rosemount, MN
I am missing this year's tournament because my kids do not get out of school until June 8th which is pretty standard here. EVERYBODY knows that I am heartbroken I cannot make it this time. I think mid-June would be great.

Last edited:

HowardK

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
12 Squared

12 Squared

Hi Dave,

I am looking forward to seeing you again also. Sorry you missed the ICCS show in Las Vegas last year. I got a couple of new cues I'm sure you would be impressed by. Anyway, tournament is next week. Tally Ho!

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Getting Ready !

Getting Ready !

Refilled my pillbox, made a trip to the bank, watched my hero, Efren, play in Buffalo's tourney.

So I am stoked up for next week. See you all at CaliBilliards on Wednesday.

Can't hardly wait.

John, any heads up on rates or green fees for players in tourney ?

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Refilled my pillbox, made a trip to the bank, watched my hero, Efren, play in Buffalo's tourney.

So I am stoked up for next week. See you all at CaliBilliards on Wednesday.

Can't hardly wait.

John, any heads up on rates or green fees for players in tourney ?

No green fees. Look forward to seeing you.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Does anybody know what cue ball we're using for the tournament so that I can get ready? I wanted to be there on Wednesday but it's going to be Thursday. I will be looking for a warm up game.

Knuckles54

Verified Member
From
Canyonville Oregon
Does anybody know what cue ball we're using for the tournament so that I can get ready? I wanted to be there on Wednesday but it's going to be Thursday. I will be looking for a warm up game.

I will be there Thursday’s and a warmup game with a hair cut would work for me.. you are Da Barber right?