Official Entry Thread for 2018 onepocket.org Member's Tourney

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
I vote same cue ball for every match!!!!!!!! (I vote 3,000 times)

The measles ball adds nothing to the stream in my opinion. Anyone watching one pocket already knows about the spin.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I vote same cue ball for every match!!!!!!!! (I vote 3,000 times)

The measles ball adds nothing to the stream in my opinion. Anyone watching one pocket already knows about the spin.

I win the dunce cap.

I play red circle and measle-ball and can't tell the difference. They weigh the same. I wonder why they play differently for almost everyone but me?

:confused: Doh!

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
I win the dunce cap.

I play red circle and measle-ball and can't tell the difference. They weigh the same. I wonder why they play differently for almost everyone but me?

:confused: Doh!

You wear it well my friend! LOL If both cue balls are brand new plus the set of # balls are new, no issues. But that is hardly the case.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
You wear it well my friend! LOL If both cue balls are brand new plus the set of # balls are new, no issues. But that is hardly the case.

About a month ago I went to Buffallos’s and weighed several sets of balls and all the cue balls I could get. Most of the balls weighted 167 grams. A few Centennial balls were undersized and weighed less. All the measle balls weighed 167-168g.
One red circle was 156g:eek:, one was 167, several were around 164 or so. Blue circles were 167.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
About a month ago I went to Buffallos’s and weighed several sets of balls and all the cue balls I could get. Most of the balls weighted 167 grams. A few Centennial balls were undersized and weighed less. All the measle balls weighed 167-168g.
One red circle was 156g:eek:, one was 167, several were around 164 or so. Blue circles were 167.

Well, I've heard other tests that showed closer, but according to your group it looks like the measles are more consistent, and a little heavier. I've heard that different phenolic resins the balls are made from may cause different amounts of friction.

I once tried to compare the accuracy of two shotguns by shooting 7 1/2 shot at a target 300 yards away. I couldn't tell any difference. If you can't hit what you're shooting at anyway.... :frus:

JohnInNH

Verified Member
From
GOFFSTOWN, NH
This is my second members tournament, New Orleans was great, couldn't make it to Chicago, looking forward to seeing old acquaintances and meeting new ones.

Arriving on Tuesday, will have plenty of time to match up with other members.

Have a safe trip.

John

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Well, I've heard other tests that showed closer, but according to your group it looks like the measles are more consistent, and a little heavier. I've heard that different phenolic resins the balls are made from may cause different amounts of friction.

I once tried to compare the accuracy of two shotguns by shooting 7 1/2 shot at a target 300 yards away. I couldn't tell any difference. If you can't hit what you're shooting at anyway.... :frus:

John, you crack me up sometimes... Love your sense of humor John...:lol:lol:lol

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans

Take two steps forward. Make sure your arm and stick is aligned with your nose before you pick it:lol

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
You guys are funny! Just to clarify my position: I have no preference of cue balls used, but I don't like to switch in the middle of the tournament.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
You guys are funny! Just to clarify my position: I have no preference of cue balls used, but I don't like to switch in the middle of the tournament.[/QUOTE

Jerry Karsch....once said.

''You think pool players are picky ''?....listen to 3 cushion players. :lol

Just funning.

Same cue ball is a no brainer.

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
Getting close. What time do we start on Friday?

Originally Posted by mhilton777 View Post
As some of you already know, I am NOT going to be able to make it to the tournament this year. My kids are still in school until June 9th and I have nobody to watch them if Lizz and I are out of town. I will continue to take care of the entries and shirt orders.

Col. Bille will be running the brackets and Steve said he may have someone else in the area that can help.

Mitch will have the entry money for the tournament and will also be taking care of distributing shirts and collecting the money for those who elected to pay at the tourney.

The other thing that needs to be decided is who wants to run the calcutta.

I would assume that the timeline would be the same as what we did for Chicago which would be the following.

6/1/18 - 2:30pm - Player check-in and shirt distribution.

6/1/18 - 3:30pm - Short player's meeting in regards to rules and then proceed with the calcutta.

6/1/18 - 4:00pm - The first round will begin for the tournament.

I found this earlier post that is in bold print above. This is only a speculation of the time that the tournament might start.

Nick B

Verified Member
From
Vancouver, Canada
Screw you guys. As the only member crossing the boarder I insist we use me personal Measle Cue Ball. Call it the Canadian Rule. :sorry

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Screw you guys. As the only member crossing the boarder I insist we use me personal Measle Cue Ball. Call it the Canadian Rule. :sorry

No worries as long as it's used for every match. (Canadians are so sensitive). :lol:lol

I just packed my cue, getting excited. See you all soon.

Dave

youngstown

Verified Member
Official Entry Thread for 2018 onepocket.org Member's Tourney

Have fun guys, I wish I could be there!!

MM