No announcement yet.

How would you get...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you can stiff the 3, that's it for sure...

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
      The 3 stiffs in pretty easily from there, and the CB, with a touch of rollthrough (and the holdup spin), ends up perfect for the 1. I made this shot the first time I tried it.

pj
      chgo
      great shot patrick

Comment

Originally posted by OneRock View Post
        You're probably right, Larry. Have you tried it?
        not yet
        only way i saw to make both
        patrick says he can stiff the bank with no kiss and go thru the ball to the one

Comment

I'll have to take it to the table at some point. The kick looks like a dead scratch off the back of the ball. Try it with both low and high English.

Originally posted by lll View Post
          not yet
          only way i saw to make both
          patrick says he can stiff the bank with no kiss and go thru the ball to the one

Comment

I'll have to take it to the table at some point. The kick looks like a dead scratch off the back of the ball. Try it with both low and high English.
            If the 3 ball is only 1 ball distance from the rail, there's no possible way to get behind it enough to kick it to the hole. You could kick it and have it go off the 1 maybe but I don't think it's physically possible to kick it in clean.

I will let Patrick or someone who knows more about the geometry/physics of it to chime in and tell me if I am wrong. But if you have to contact the rail to the left of the 3 ball, it seems impossible to spin it enough to cut it enough to pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by cincy_kid View Post
              If the 3 ball is only 1 ball distance from the rail, there's no possible way to get behind it enough to kick it to the hole. You could kick it and have it go off the 1 maybe but I don't think it's physically possible to kick it in clean.

I will let Patrick or someone who knows more about the geometry/physics of it to chime in and tell me if I am wrong. But if you have to contact the rail to the left of the 3 ball, it seems impossible to spin it enough to cut it enough to pocket.
              I believe you're correct in your assessment. From the position of the balls the best you can do is kick it toward the one ball.
              For the shot to be kickable the cue ball would need to be further uptable. At least to the middle of the table, an of course from there you're looking at a scratch.

Comment

If the 3 ball is only 1 ball distance from the rail, there's no possible way to get behind it enough to kick it to the hole.
                This is right, of course. The CB would have to go just about straight along the rail to hit the 3 thin enough - an impossible angle change.

Not to mention the scratch...

pj
                chgo

Comment

If the 3 is even with the diamond, or a little above it, it will stiffen...

If it’s below the diamond, it should cross with a soft inside draw stroke and bump the 1 over...

Comment

patrick, I made it 1st time too!rh 1tip stun left the cue where the 3 was leaving a thin cut shot. didn't want to try it again

Comment

The player I saw make the shot and get perfect position, was none other than, the late great Leonard 'Bugs' Rucker!

He hit the 3 ball full in the face and stiffed the CB with 2 tips of right and 1/2 tip of draw. The ball went in like a rocket, and the CB creeps to the side rail and crawled toward the bottom from the RHE for a hanger on the 1 ball to get out!

I shot it 3 times, hung it twice and made it like a a charm on the 3rd attempt!

This shot is similar to the tricky across side, (a little tougher) where the OB in at the 3rd diamond, 1 ball off the rail and the CB is on the spot.

Comment

You're probably right, Larry. Have you tried it?

i tried it at the table
                        with only 1 ball distance i couldnt get behind the ball enough to kick it in
                        moving it out alittle more i couldnt avoid the scratch
                        great eye patrick to "see " the shot

Comment

Originally posted by mr3cushion View Post
                          This shot is similar to the tricky across side, (a little tougher) where the OB in at the 3rd diamond, 1 ball off the rail and the CB is on the spot.
                          The cross side shot is demonstrated/taught by John Brumback on his DVD.

I think it's the identical shot, just flipped around on the table.

pj
                          chgo

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
                            The cross side shot is demonstrated/taught by John Brumback on his DVD.

I think it's the identical shot, just flipped around on the table.

pj
                            chgo
                            Identical as per making the bank! The creeping cue ball to play position for the 1 ball is the, 'tougher' aspect for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by mr3cushion View Post
                              Identical as per making the bank! The creeping cue ball to play position for the 1 ball is the, 'tougher' aspect for sure!
                              For sure. I practice those stun/rollthrough shots for that reason.

pj
                              chgo

Comment

Working...
                              X