How would you get...

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
I was fooling around today on the pool table.

I set this shot up that I remembered years ago seeing someone that played the shot that I tried to get both balls. He made it look easy!

My pocket is the top right pocket.

How would you get 2 & out here?

BTW, the 1 and 3 ball are one balls width from the cushion.

View attachment 22043

View attachment 22044

Sorry for the 'fuzzy' second photo.

Last edited:

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
looks to tight to cross it with right draw to carom the ball but can yo follow through with right and get on the one with a firm stun spin stroke

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
I was fooling around today on the pool table.

I set this shot up that I remembered years ago seeing someone that played the shot that I tried to get both balls. He made it look easy!

My pocket is the top right pocket.

How would you get 2 & out here?

BTW, the 1 and 3 ball are one balls width from the cushion.

View attachment 22043

View attachment 22044

Sorry for the 'fuzzy' second photo.

billy, you got me stumped. my best attempt is to draw three rails up by your top pocket and roll the 1. where the 3 goes, nobody knows....
:frus

(first inclination was to kick the 3 extreme high inside and hold whitey there. think it's too steep. maybe angle of cue would help?)

curious what the solution is.....

:)

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
I was able to stiff this ball and get shape with a firm inside punch but I my percentage was poor. I do think with practice I could increase the make to better than 50 %

OneRock

Verified Member
From
South Florida
Cross the red with low English and a hard stroke. Draw into the yellow and move it towards your pocket.

jlcomp45

Verified Member
From
Cape Girardeau MO
sure feels like a scratch executing the cross corner the way I'd "want" to shoot it - will have to set it up when I get home & give it a couple swings.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
If in a match I like crossing the 3 and drawing into the rail then 1 like Peter said to push it to my side...

however, thinking outside the box, maybe try a 2 rail kick on the 1 ball first, CB comes up table then you bank the 3 for the game? :)

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member
The 3 stiffs in pretty easily from there, and the CB, with a touch of rollthrough (and the holdup spin), ends up perfect for the 1. I made this shot the first time I tried it.

pj
chgo

OneRock

Verified Member
From
South Florida
I'll have to take it to the table at some point. The kick looks like a dead scratch off the back of the ball. Try it with both low and high English.

not yet
only way i saw to make both
patrick says he can stiff the bank with no kiss and go thru the ball to the one

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I'll have to take it to the table at some point. The kick looks like a dead scratch off the back of the ball. Try it with both low and high English.

If the 3 ball is only 1 ball distance from the rail, there's no possible way to get behind it enough to kick it to the hole. You could kick it and have it go off the 1 maybe but I don't think it's physically possible to kick it in clean.

I will let Patrick or someone who knows more about the geometry/physics of it to chime in and tell me if I am wrong. But if you have to contact the rail to the left of the 3 ball, it seems impossible to spin it enough to cut it enough to pocket.