Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ghost vs. Pat 33 wwyd

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    hit r/s of the ten roll on the 3 ball.
    Bill Meacham
    WBT
    www.worldbilliardtour.com
    no link....

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Jeff sparks View Post
      Yep... Beatle, Doc, and the Kid... Give him the blood test, challenge him... bank the 13 back towards, but short of the side pocket and use it as an additional blocker/protector for your scoring zone balls, and leave the cb straight in on the 7 as close to the top rail as you can put it...

      Personally moving the 10 here isn’t all that appealing to me as it opens up that whole string of balls for either banks or runs a little later in the game... and leaving the cb behind the 7 isn’t all that difficult to escape... imo it’s a much better option to leave him long with little escape... if he shoots at the 7 and he doesn’t have much else, and misses, there will be dire consequences, and if he makes it, he has negated my superior position, but he’s not out of the woods yet, he’s just tied the score at 1/1 and it’s a new ball game...
      I think I'm banking the 10 at the 7 and pushing through, playing all cueball to hit the 1 full. Clears the 10 and 7, bumps the 1 to a worse spot (but does open the bank lane a bit), and the 3 should protect my position. My concern is that it may leave a pretty easy do-or-die return bank on the 5 ball. Still a favorable risk/reward tradeoff.
      "LOL ... judging by your shot selections you play good" -- Hacker, September 29, 2015.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by FastEddieF. View Post
        shoot the 7 ball off the 3 ball center right English the 7 caroms off the 3 goes one rail towards your pocket and the3 goes two rails toward your pocket, make sure you stick the cue ball behind the 4 ball .great offensive shot.
        I would love to hear some input on the potential problems with this option.
        It's the one that jumped out at me but no-one else has mentioned it which makes me think you and I are missing something Fast!

        brexit

        Comment


        • #19
          I'm without hesitation am playing the billiard on the 11ball. Playing off the 2ball into the 11ball into a big pocket with possible side boards. The 11ball sits in an optimum position making this option very appealing

          Dr. Bill

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by wincardona View Post
            I'm without hesitation am playing the billiard on the 11ball. Playing off the 2ball into the 11ball into a big pocket with possible side boards. The 11ball sits in an optimum position making this option very appealing

            Dr. Bill
            Nice shot . . . if you like winning the game right away!
            "LOL ... judging by your shot selections you play good" -- Hacker, September 29, 2015.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by wincardona View Post
              I'm without hesitation am playing the billiard on the 11ball. Playing off the 2ball into the 11ball into a big pocket with possible side boards. The 11ball sits in an optimum position making this option very appealing. Dr. Bill
              Bill, the 2 & 11 are a smidge too far apart. In order to convert that shot, it would have to be with a powerful draw and right spin. Then you don't know where the CB is going to end up. I like the shot if there were less separation between the 2-11.

              ~Doc

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by brexit View Post
                I would love to hear some input on the potential problems with this option.
                It's the one that jumped out at me but no-one else has mentioned it which makes me think you and I are missing something Fast!

                brexit

                brexit...I am most definitely shooting that carom-cross-corner anytime it's called for/laying well...but in this particular layout, as the balls are viewed in pic #1, the 7ball is laying a little too low and a little too far to the left for it to be laying well enough to shoot the shot.

                - Ghost
                jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Thanks for the insight.

                  Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
                  brexit...I am most definitely shooting that carom-cross-corner anytime it's called for/laying well...but in this particular layout, as the balls are viewed in pic #1, the 7ball is laying a little too low and a little too far to the left for it to be laying well enough to shoot the shot.

                  - Ghost

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by gulfportdoc View Post
                    Bill, the 2 & 11 are a smidge too far apart. In order to convert that shot, it would have to be with a powerful draw and right spin. Then you don't know where the CB is going to end up. I like the shot if there were less separation between the 2-11.

                    ~Doc
                    Doc, you need to go to the table to set the shot up, the billiard is on, and you do not need a super stroke to execute the shot. I had no problem contacting the 11ball to play the billiard.

                    The cue ball is positioned one ball to the top of the spot and one and a half balls to the left of the spot viewing from the head of the table. The 2ball is positioned one and a half balls to the right of the diamond, and the 11ball is placed a little over one ball width to the left of the lower diamond. You will get good action with this shot, and your make % is high enough to shoot the shot in this situation. The cue ball is manageable to a degree. However, this shot needs to be hit with a medium speed and executed to play to the rail before the 11ball so you get good movement with the cue ball. I hit this shot several times on my table and liked the results I got a high percentage of the time.

                    Dr. Bill
                    Last edited by wincardona; 04-25-2018, 01:04 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I am really liking the carom on the 11. looks likes it lies perfect and affords perfect shape to start the run

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by wincardona View Post
                        Doc, you need to go to the table to set the shot up, the billiard is on, and you do not need a super stroke to execute the shot. I had no problem contacting the 11ball to play the billiard.

                        The cue ball is positioned one ball to the top of the spot and one and a half balls to the left of the spot viewing from the head of the table. The 2ball is positioned one and a half balls to the right of the diamond, and the 11ball is placed a little over one ball width to the left of the lower diamond. You will get good action with this shot, and your make % is high enough to shoot the shot in this situation. The cue ball is manageable to a degree. However, this shot needs to be hit with a medium speed and executed to play to the rail before the 11ball so you get good movement with the cue ball. I hit this shot several times on my table and liked the results I got a high percentage of the time.

                        Dr. Bill
                        I didn't see this shot, but I will give it a try to see results. I have been playing a very strong player a bit lately and he has been running 10 and out often. It has definitely sharpened my shot selection, but this is one I don't normally look at with the balls this distance.
                        Thanks for the suggestion. I will let you know if I have positive results.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          The 2/11 carom is a bit too far up for me in this particular case; I'll pass. While my preferred shot has been to bank the 13 and leave the CB against the head rail, here's another option that deals with those four balls by the opponent's side pocket. Playing the 7 off the 3 is definitely not on, but crossing the 10 into the 7 and running the CB into the 3/1 could be a viable option. Of course, it will leave your balls exposed, giving the opponent several options to return the favor. I'm just including it for the sake of completeness.
                          Attached Files

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            [QUIOTE=gulfportdoc;235573]Bill, the 2 & 11 are a smidge too far apart. in order to convert that shot, it would have to be with a powerful draw and right spin. Then you don't know where the CB is going to end up. I like the shot if there were less separation between the 2-11.

                            ~Doc
                            [/QUOTE]

                            Originally posted by wincardona View Post
                            Doc, you need to go to the table to set the shot up, the billiard is on, and you do not need a super stroke to execute the shot. I had no problem contacting the 11ball to play the billiard.

                            The cue ball is positioned one ball to the top of the spot and one and a half balls to the left of the spot viewing from the head of the table. The 2ball is positioned one and a half balls to the right of the diamond, and the 11ball is placed a little over one ball width to the left of the lower diamond. You will get good action with this shot, and your make % is high enough to shoot the shot in this situation. The cue ball is manageable to a degree. However, this shot needs to be hit with a medium speed and executed to play to the rail before the 11ball so you get good movement with the cue ball. I hit this shot several times on my table and liked the results I got a high percentage of the time.

                            Dr. Bill
                            i took the shot to the table
                            doc it doesnt need a super stroke
                            by coming off the 2 and hitting the rail first in front of the 11 makes the stroke quite comfortable
                            using low right instead of just draw required a softer stroke for me
                            i got the 11 close every time (i didnt set up the side boards )
                            i could see with some more practice this being a high % make
                            thanks
                            dr. bill

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by lll View Post
                              [QUIOTE=gulfportdoc;235573]Bill, the 2 & 11 are a smidge too far apart. in order to convert that shot, it would have to be with a powerful draw and right spin. Then you don't know where the CB is going to end up. I like the shot if there were less separation between the 2-11.

                              ~Doc


                              i took the shot to the table
                              doc it doesnt need a super stroke
                              by coming off the 2 and hitting the rail first in front of the 11 makes the stroke quite comfortable
                              using low right instead of just draw required a softer stroke for me
                              i got the 11 close every time (i didnt set up the side boards )
                              i could see with some more practice this being a high % make
                              thanks
                              dr. bill[/QUOTE]

                              This type of shot comes up all the time in rotation pool. Since BI is a great rotation player, these shots are automatic at his skill level, very controllable cue ball.
                              Bill Meacham
                              WBT
                              www.worldbilliardtour.com
                              no link....

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I saw the carom too and I was thinking similarly to doc and peter about it being a little too far apart for me but mainly not knowing where my CB was going to end up after the shot if I didn't pocket anything.

                                I will have to practice this one some to see if I can get a good feel of where the CB goes after the shot.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X