No announcement yet.

Ghost vs. Pat 33 wwyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes, that carom really is the shot, i love where the cb is going. i totally overlooked it. i still sorta like the curve shot but the big pocket with the billiard is golden.

Comment

I'm playing the combination on the 4 ball, and running some balls ,or go home and take up checkers.

Comment

Reading one of the Journal posts about the expenses of owning dogs reminded me of something my wife asked me when we first started dating.
        She asked why I didn't introduce her to any of my friends, and I said , "I don't have any."
        She looked startled and asked," why not".
        I said, "I can't afford them"
        Guess I'm not getting a dog either.

Comment

Originally posted by OneRock View Post
          The 2/11 carom is a bit too far up for me in this particular case; I'll pass. While my preferred shot has been to bank the 13 and leave the CB against the head rail, here's another option that deals with those four balls by the opponent's side pocket. Playing the 7 off the 3 is definitely not on, but crossing the 10 into the 7 and running the CB into the 3/1 could be a viable option. Of course, it will leave your balls exposed, giving the opponent several options to return the favor. I'm just including it for the sake of completeness.
          Banking the 10 softly and missing the 3 and rolling into the 1 behind the 3 and the 10/7 would certainly be a good spot to put the cb, but as you said, it leaves the opponent several kick escape options...

Crossing the 13 and going to the long rail first then settling the cb close to the corner pocket up table on the top rail and hiding the 4 ball completely is the only shot I would shoot with the score as it is and the balls laying like they are...

Im hoping my opponent will shoot at the 7 ball, and I don’t care who he is, that’s a tough shot to bet the game on...

Comment

Originally posted by vapros View Post
            I will hit the 10 ball in the face, and use the 7 ball to protect the 4 and 15 and 11.
            Originally posted by Kybanks View Post
            The shot I like here is to shoot the 10 and freeze to the 7.

There were a lot of good choices here...I finally decided on the lock-up shot that Bill, Kyb, and a coupla others chose...here's how it turned out >>>

P.S. Pat cannot see the 9ball.
            Attached Files
            jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

Pocket the 14 in the side, freeze em too the 7.
              Bill Meacham
              WBT
              www.worldbilliardtour.com
              no link....

Comment

Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
                There were a lot of good choices here...I finally decided on the lock-up shot that Bill, Kyb, and a coupla others chose...here's how it turned out >>>

You hit it great, Ghostie! Tough position to get out of for the opponent.

~Doc

Comment

Good shot Bruce... cept I’m taking that free bank at the 7, shaping the 10... if I miss you will be doubled up having to either deal with the 7, or shoot a not so easy combination... I might make that bank and get a few too...

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff sparks View Post
                    Good shot Bruce... cept I’m taking that free bank at the 7, shaping the 10... if I miss you will be doubled up having to either deal with the 7, or shoot a not so easy combination... I might make that bank and get a few too...
                    Attached Files
                    jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff sparks View Post

In all seriousness everyone, i have had sets change so many times on shots like this. Same thing in nine ball.

The guy has great offensive options, and then lays down a bunt or a saftey. You can just feel energy oozing out of one guy and into the other.

You can lay down as strong a saftey as you want, but if you are not shooting when you have great opportunities the other guy's mojo it is a workin as muddy waters would put it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kybanks View Post
                        Did you say gopher? The shot I like here is to shoot the 10 and freeze to the 7. The offensive shot I like is to Carom the 11 in off the 2.
                        Excellent observations Kybanks, you seem to understand the game well as you consistently come up with creative options. Of the two options, I prefer the billiard because of the difficulty between the two shots. I feel that you will make the billiard as many times as you will successfully freeze or lay on the 7ball leaving your opponent in a tough situation. Anyways another good call.

Dr. Bill

Comment

This option IMO was the best safety option available, but it isn't that easy to execute. You have an excellent feel for these type of shots and usually hit them well. Not to mention that you prefer to take the trapping option over the more aggressive options when there's a choice. Is that wrong? Certainly not, there's more than one way to "skin a cat"

Dr. Bill

Comment

The outcome illustrates what would make me nervous about shooting your shot: the chance that the 10 will carom off the other nearby balls back at the CB, potentially knocking it loose from your carefully constructed trap.

In this case the 10 almost did that, but instead of knocking the CB loose it closed the door on the trap. You hit it great!

pj <- have completely suppressed this memory
                            chgo

Comment

Originally posted by wincardona View Post
                              Excellent observations Kybanks, you seem to understand the game well as you consistently come up with creative options. Of the two options, I prefer the billiard because of the difficulty between the two shots. I feel that you will make the billiard as many times as you will successfully freeze or lay on the 7ball leaving your opponent in a tough situation. Anyways another good call.

Dr. Bill
                              Thank you Dr Bill!

Comment

Working...
                              X