Ghost vs. Pat 33 wwyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost vs. Pat 33 wwyd

My shot --- my pocket is at the bottom center --- ball score is I'm ahead 1-0 --- it was hard to determine whether there was room for that 4 to pass the 15 to go into my pocket, and it was a scratchy angle --- wwyd? ----->

Lotta/all kindsa gofer choices for me here.....hmmm...that free, shape-included 2 rail kick at the 9ball is calling my name...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 04-24-2018, 02:57 AM.
    jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Another view ----->
    Attached Files

Comment

Last view ----->
      Attached Files

Comment

The two-railer on the 9 ball is too far away for me. If you shoot that, you'd better hit it good. I will hit the 10 ball in the face, and use the 7 ball to protect the 4 and 15 and 11. If you had posted only the first picture, I might have played a billiard from the 2 to the 11. It doesn't look quite as good in the second picture - but still worth looking at.
        If it ain't funny, it ain't much.

Comment

i might bank the 13 into the 2 11 combo and leave him on the rail. it could come out really well for me and only leave him a lousy straight in on the 7

2 rail kick on the nine if hit too short leaves him a bank for a runout... as donald would say,,, not good. not good.

Comment

u can curve and make that 15. youre ciming two rails out and will get the nine. thats really not even a hard shot on those slight curves.

Comment

Did you say gopher? The shot I like here is to shoot the 10 and freeze to the 7. The offensive shot I like is to Carom the 11 in off the 2.

Comment

Shoot the 4 but instead of trying to make the 4 you go for the 4 15 combo.
                There is no way you are scratching unless you draw the ball into the corner.
                You can spin it with outside and come around into your 12 ball for shapes.

I looked at playing safe on those 3 balls either playing follow through the 10 and behind the 1 or playing 3 off the 1 and putting cue behind 10.
                The problem with those shots is if you don't freeze him, you give up the 9 ball to your opponent and lose your advantage you built.

Ghost might do something tricky like take a foul and just touch the cue ball forward a half inch and spot up his lone ball frozen to the 4 and cue.
                Attached Files

Comment

Ghost vs. Pat 33 wwyd

Originally posted by ChicagoFats View Post
                  Shoot the 4 but instead of trying to make the 4 you go for the 4 15 combo.
                  There is no way you are scratching unless you draw the ball into the corner.
                  You can spin it with outside and come around into your 12 ball for shapes.

I looked at playing safe on those 3 balls either playing follow through the 10 and behind the 1 or playing 3 off the 1 and putting cue behind 10.
                  The problem with those shots is if you don't freeze him, you give up the 9 ball to your opponent and lose your advantage you built.

Ghost might do something tricky like take a foul and just touch the cue ball forward a half inch and spot up his lone ball frozen to the 4 and cue.

I agree. Good thinking all around,Fats. No wonder I get 9-7 😊
                  Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

The shot I'd decided upon was banking the 13 straight back into the 2-11. Beatle likes that one too. Can't tell by the picture angle, but if the CB can't be rolled through to land on the head rail or side rail, then the shot is not as strong. The design is to leave the opponent with a long knee-knocker which will lose him the game if he misses.

I also like Vapros' safety: rolling through the 10 to double up on the 7-4-15.

But if the angle is there, my best choice would be the 13 bank.

~Doc

Comment

Im with beatle/Doc..I like the easy safety that vapros mentioned but I am probably shooting the 13 bank into the combo, main thing is to keep the CB near or on the head rail so the 7 is a harder shot.

Comment

shoot the 7 ball off the 3 ball center right English the 7 caroms off the 3 goes one rail towards your pocket and the3 goes two rails toward your pocket, make sure you stick the cue ball behind the 4 ball .great offensive shot.

Comment

Shoot the ten ball and stick him on the seven ball. Lots of cover there for a shot to protect the balls by your pocket.

Comment

Yep... Beatle, Doc, and the Kid... Give him the blood test, challenge him... bank the 13 back towards, but short of the side pocket and use it as an additional blocker/protector for your scoring zone balls, and leave the cb straight in on the 7 as close to the top rail as you can put it...

Personally moving the 10 here isn’t all that appealing to me as it opens up that whole string of balls for either banks or runs a little later in the game... and leaving the cb behind the 7 isn’t all that difficult to escape... imo it’s a much better option to leave him long with little escape... if he shoots at the 7 and he doesn’t have much else, and misses, there will be dire consequences, and if he makes it, he has negated my superior position, but he’s not out of the woods yet, he’s just tied the score at 1/1 and it’s a new ball game...

Comment

I would certainly want to protect my position here, and the way I probably would do it is by softly banking the 13 to leave the CB frozen on the head rail. I would want to dare him to take a stab at the 7. I certainly wouldn't want to give him a shot at the 4.

Comment

Working...
                              X