Buffalos Pro Classic: May 24-27

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Just got a heads-up from Joe Long. The 10:00/2:00 Sat. matches have been moved to noon. Then they'll continue at 6 PM as listed...

~Doc

thanks doc
i just turned the stream on
justin is hitting balls but it says on the stream play begins at 2 pm cst....:confused:

Jimmy B

Verified Member
thanks doc
i just turned the stream on
justin is hitting balls but it says on the stream play begins at 2 pm cst....:confused:

They just started.. The stream was screwing up just like last night, but they said they would use another 'hot spot' so we'll see what happens..lol.

Wayne

Verified Member
Justin Hall just beat Dennis O. 5 games to 4. So it will be Justin or Corey in the final against Tony Chohan. Justin Hall went 8th in the Calcutta and Corey 9th so a great return on both of them.

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
Live coverage will resume 1pm Central Time at the Buffalo's Pro Classic One Pocket with Semi Final Action.

Corey Deuel vs Justin Hall will be the first match up at 1pm Central time on the feature table, races to 5 with alternate break.

Winner here will face T-Rex Tony Chohan in the Finals at Approx 4-5 pm.

Commentary, we will have Scott Rabon, Larry Schwartz. Billy Incardona and Jeremy Jones as well as other special guests.

Check it out and get your pass at www.PoolActionTV.com

DCC ACTION ROOM - Made with PosterMyWall (4).jpg

buff brackets.jpg

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Went over to Buffalo's yesterday to catch some of the action. Had nice chats with Joe Long, LSJohn, Larry Schwartz, Joey A, Greg Sullivan and Truman Hogue. Greg wasn't there in any official capacity. He evidently just wanted to get out of Dodge, and sweat some of the matches (played on his fine equipment). Truman said he can't hold bank pool tournaments anymore because his local pool room went belly up. I missed seeing my bud Billy I. Evidently he'd had a late one the night before, so I didn't catch him before I left.

Watched the entirety of the Justin Hall/Chip Compton match, which was a good one. They both played well, notably in their long banking. Chip especially shot some two rail banks that I didn't think were possible. IMO Hall is the smarter 1P player, and made fewer mistakes on his way to the win. I like Hall's game, and I hope he continues to become more consistent.

I wasn't surprised to see Hall defeat Orcullo. I don't know how Orcullo came back from a 4-1 deficit against Gomez to win their match. I only watched a little of it, and Orcullo seemed a tad under his usual flawless play. Evidently he was using a new cue for the event, and likely was not comfortable with it. I don't know why he didn't wait to use the pole until he'd got a little experience with it.

I have to say that Ray was doing a fantastic job at the event. He was like a whirling dervish, doing a great job as auctioneer for the lengthy 9ball event (over 100 players), and making sure everything else was running smoothly.

The Calcuttas in these Louisiana events are amazing. $51K for a 16 man 1P event, and probably over $40K in the 9ball (didn't see the final figure). So almost $100K just in the Calcutta dough. They like to bet it up around here.

Happy to see Tony C. sitting in the hot seat. Cory/Dustin should be a strong semi-final. I'd like to see Hall take it, and to face T-rex in the final.

~Doc

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Went over to Buffalo's yesterday to catch some of the action. Had nice chats with Joe Long, LSJohn, Larry Schwartz, Joey A, Greg Sullivan and Truman Hogue. Greg wasn't there in any official capacity. He evidently just wanted to get out of Dodge, and sweat some of the matches (played on his fine equipment). Truman said he can't hold bank pool tournaments anymore because his local pool room went belly up. I missed seeing my bud Billy I. Evidently he'd had a late one the night before, so I didn't catch him before I left.

Watched the entirety of the Justin Hall/Chip Compton match, which was a good one. They both played well, notably in their long banking. Chip especially shot some two rail banks that I didn't think were possible. IMO Hall is the smarter 1P player, and made fewer mistakes on his way to the win. I like Hall's game, and I hope he continues to become more consistent.

I wasn't surprised to see Hall defeat Orcullo. I don't know how Orcullo came back from a 4-1 deficit against Gomez to win their match. I only watched a little of it, and Orcullo seemed a tad under his usual flawless play. Evidently he was using a new cue for the event, and likely was not comfortable with it. I don't know why he didn't wait to use the pole until he'd got a little experience with it.

I have to say that Ray was doing a fantastic job at the event. He was like a whirling dervish, doing a great job as auctioneer for the lengthy 9ball event (over 100 players), and making sure everything else was running smoothly.

The Calcuttas in these Louisiana events are amazing. $51K for a 16 man 1P event, and probably over $40K in the 9ball (didn't see the final figure). So almost $100K just in the Calcutta dough. They like to bet it up around here.

Happy to see Tony C. sitting in the hot seat. Cory/Dustin should be a strong semi-final. I'd like to see Hall take it, and to face T-rex in the final.

~Doc

I watched as both Corey and Tony began the hot seat match and both were extremely intimidated by the pocket size on the stream table... they were both burning up the rubber for the first 3 games and I can see why, those pockets are tight and if any speed is added to the shot, the pocket will reject it if it touches any rubber, even balls inside the pocket on the outter facing come out...Gotta hit deep in the pocket when shooting with speed...

I’m pulling for a match between Justin and Tony as well Doc, I believe it would be a great match...

They are both gunslingers, but with cerdentials... Justin plays the tight pockets better imo and even though he won’t be the favorite, I think he can win on that table... Should be a good match to watch...

Will Tony have to lose twice to lose?

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I watched as both Corey and Tony began the hot seat match and both were extremely intimidated by the pocket size on the stream table... they were both burning up the rubber for the first 3 games and I can see why, those pockets are tight and if any speed is added to the shot, the pocket will reject it if it touches any rubber, even balls inside the pocket on the outter facing come out...Gotta hit deep in the pocket when shooting with speed...

I’m pulling for a match between Justin and Tony as well Doc, I believe it would be a great match...

They are both gunslingers, but with cerdentials... Justin plays the tight pockets better imo and even though he won’t be the favorite, I think he can win on that table... Should be a good match to watch...

Will Tony have to lose twice to lose?

I saw Terry H make this remark so it looks a true Double E, Jeff.. Also great report Doc.. I watched those matches and agree.. Dennis seemed wasted near the end of his match with Hall.. lol Looked so funny with that hat...

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I saw Terry H make this remark so it looks a true Double E, Jeff.. Also great report Doc.. I watched those matches and agree.. Dennis seemed wasted near the end of his match with Hall.. lol Looked so funny with that hat...

Yeah, I see it now on the bracket... I’m the kinda guy who tries to assemble the toy, then when I can’t, I read the instructions... Thanks Jimmie...

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Wow, a lot of very competitive matches -- either 5-4 or 5-3 throughout the entire tournament!! First round all 8 matches went either hill-hill or 5-3!!! That is a ton of great One Pocket games to sweat!!!!