WWYD - #2 - Daulton v Reyes - 2014 DCC Finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Miller View Post
    do you think being left handed plays into his decision here?

looks like something i'd do....lol....

I would have played the 9 and tried for a better angle. I’m also thinking maybe I’d play the QB lower and just push balls to my side and bury the QB

Comment

What would be interesting. Ask Shannon about that 4 ball.

I'm sure he's not forgotten that moment.

He is the Only one who can give us what we seek. Truth....in shot.
      Bill Meacham
      WBT
      www.worldbilliardtour.com
      no link....

Comment

thanks for the wwyd dustin

Comment

Originally posted by Island Drive View Post
          What would be interesting. Ask Shannon about that 4 ball.

I'm sure he's not forgotten that moment.

He is the Only one who can give us what we seek. Truth....in shot.
          agree. lost the match with that one innocuous shot....

Comment

dont go by results as if he had run out everyone would have now said see the 4 was the shot.

both ways were viable and only being there for this one could a person make a good decision.

Comment

Originally posted by beatle View Post
              dont go by results as if he had run out everyone would have now said see the 4 was the shot.

both ways were viable and only being there for this one could a person make a good decision.
              So true.
              Hero or dog. It’s all in the execution.

Comment

he sharked himself by scratching his head before he shot it.

u know the point here is, i would bet anything the reason he missed this ball is because he was halfway between shooting this shot and the 9. when u dont get 100% begind your shot it is easier to misexecute. i guarantee his brain was sort of twitching to him that the 9 was the shot when he shot at this ball.

Comment

After seeing the WDHD pictures (What Did He Do), it is more clear that the angle on the 4 was not very good, which led to the forced attempt to break out some balls. I'm more cautious, and nowhere near as good a shooter as Daulton, so I would have cut in the 9 and tried to create a better angle for the break shot off the 4. Even if I miss the 9, it is a pretty safe shot which makes it even more appealing to me.

Comment

Originally posted by El Chapo View Post
                    he sharked himself by scratching his head before he shot it.

u know the point here is, i would bet anything the reason he missed this ball is because he was halfway between shooting this shot and the 9. when u dont get 100% begind your shot it is easier to misexecute. i guarantee his brain was sort of twitching to him that the 9 was the shot when he shot at this ball.
                    ElChapo, you're explaining how you may have been thinking which is a common error when we are undecided which option to take. However, champions are programmed to make a decision and commit to it prior to getting down over the shot, Daulton is no exception.

I personally think that he took his eye off the ball and played more cue ball than OB in a situation where he should have locked in on the OB. Yes he tried to cheat the pocket some but didn't give the hit the respect that it demanded because he was playing too much cue ball, foolishly.

Dr. Bill

Comment

Working...
                    X