• Show
Clear All

• JOB Billiards

This place is a ghost town. At least I don’t have tons of smokers around

How long you in town for?

Comment

Originally posted by jtompilot View Post
      This place is a ghost town. At least I don’t have tons of smokers around
      I have a friend who has lived in the Nashville area for over ten years. He has stated year after year that JOB's was on a downhill slide. The last time I spoke to him, several weeks ago, he didn't think it could survive another year based on the mismanagement and failure to keep the equipment in shape. I imagine that downhill slide has become a nosedive. Too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by J.R. View Post
        I have a friend who has lived in the Nashville area for over ten years. He has stated year after year that JOB's was on a downhill slide. The last time I spoke to him, several weeks ago, he didn't think it could survive another year based on the mismanagement and failure to keep the equipment in shape. I imagine that downhill slide has become a nosedive. Too bad.
        Yea, ever since Blaylock(he name was JOB) sold out its went down hill. Last time i was there with 12squared the pit table was in pretty bad shape. Used to be a bunch of strong players there with plenty of action. I hear its mainly league bangers in there now. Too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
          How long you in town for?
          One night. I would have called you but wasn’t sure when we’d get here. Turns out Pax were late. I didn’t get to job till 10.

Comment

One night. I would have called you but wasn’t sure when we’d get here. Turns out Pax were late. I didn’t get to job till 10.
            Yea one of these days we'll have to finish that game we started at Derby like 3 or 4 yrs ago...lol

Comment

Yea, ever since Blaylock(he name was JOB) sold out its went down hill. Last time i was there with 12squared the pit table was in pretty bad shape. Used to be a bunch of strong players there with plenty of action. I hear its mainly league bangers in there now. Too bad.
              My friend in Tennessee is currently 68 years old and still plays a super solid game of one pocket. He mentioned that some of the better one pocket players he was competing with when he first moved to the Nashville area were a bit older than him and have since passed away. Another player, probably the best one who frequented JOB's named "Pickle," is currently incarcerated for a zillion years. Yet, my friend still goes to JOB's to play once a week in a league but gets depressed each time because of the deplorable conditions. We've all seen those pool rooms where a great owner dies and the new owners know nothing about how to run a pool room. Maybe JOB's needs that cable TV reality guy who comes into a failing business and revamps it for the current owner.

Comment

Yea one of these days we'll have to finish that game we started at Derby like 3 or 4 yrs ago...lol
                Come to New Orleans for Buffallos tournament and we can match up, then hang around and watch the big dogs

Comment

Originally posted by J.R. View Post
                  My friend in Tennessee is currently 68 years old and still plays a super solid game of one pocket. He mentioned that some of the better one pocket players he was competing with when he first moved to the Nashville area were a bit older than him and have since passed away. Another player, probably the best one who frequented JOB's named "Pickle," is currently incarcerated for a zillion years. Yet, my friend still goes to JOB's to play once a week in a league but gets depressed each time because of the deplorable conditions. We've all seen those pool rooms where a great owner dies and the new owners know nothing about how to run a pool room. Maybe JOB's needs that cable TV reality guy who comes into a failing business and revamps it for the current owner.
                  Bobby Pickle was a great player and great fun to watch. Could beat anybody on a bar box when he was right. Beat Effern in the 9 ball at DCC once. Won and lost thousands playing pool. One of those super high octane guys. Unfortunately in and out of prison a lot. Bad druggie. The last deal, him and a couple other guys were on a 3 day drug bender and kidnapped this guy to rob him, guys name was Kashola...lol, got caught and they threw away the key this time as far as i know http://www.ask4direct.com/InfoRead.a...&InfoID=648384

Comment

Come to New Orleans for Buffallos tournament and we can match up, then hang around and watch the big dogs
                    Would love too Jim but my summer is pretty much booked

Comment

I went to Nashville for a work conference about 10 years ago. I am not sure the name of the place but it was outside of Nashville and took me at least 30 minutes to get to in a taxi.
                      The bar had a poker league going on in the bar. I played some guy 2 $100 9 ball sets on a bar box with a house cue. Did pickle have a kid named junior? I think the guy I played might have been 25 at the time if I had to guess. He must have been a good player because there were a crowd of spectators.

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoFats View Post
                        I went to Nashville for a work conference about 10 years ago. I am not sure the name of the place but it was outside of Nashville and took me at least 30 minutes to get to in a taxi.
                        The bar had a poker league going on in the bar. I played some guy 2 $100 9 ball sets on a bar box with a house cue. Did pickle have a kid named junior? I think the guy I played might have been 25 at the time if I had to guess. He must have been a good player because there were a crowd of spectators.
                        Did you knock em off in front of his local cheering section?

Comment

Not that i know of. Why? Was he jerking like a Gherkin?

Comment

I’ve played Josh O’Neal a few times. He’s the best player around that I know of.

Comment

Originally posted by cincy_kid View Post
                              Did you knock em off in front of his local cheering section?
                              I won the first set and he won the second.
                              I put a 4 pack on him with a house cue, but i think these were valley tables so it doesn't really count.

Comment

Working...
                              X