Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWYD? ck -vs - bc -- 1

First WWYD from my last session.

I am bottom left, I am up 4 to 2 in ball count.
    I am getting 8/7 so I need 3, he needs 6.

My shot.

(You can't see any part of the 9 but you can get to the first diamond by the 9 on the long rail)

WWYD?

WWYD? ck -vs - bc -- 1

At first glance I think I would bank the 8 towards my hole and try to put the cue under the 9. Emphasis on the cue ball. I don’t think the 8 goes at that angle but as long as it’s in the area and a “threat” then he’s in trouble if I hide him where I am trying. Note: looking again it’s close to a Kiss to get there so I’d have to really look at this option before shooting.
    Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

I might fire the 11 into the 1 and try to take everything out.

Comment

My first thought was also bank the 8, angle does not seem favorable. But slow rolling a kick into the 9 and try to come rest on the 1 would lesson his threat.

Comment

Originally posted by Knuckles54 View Post
          My first thought was also bank the 8, angle does not seem favorable. But slow rolling a kick into the 9 and try to come rest on the 1 would lesson his threat.
          Southern Oregon, I’ve got a trip to North Bend and hanging out in Klamath Falls for a few days in August. Maybe you, “Whitey”,and can meet up?

Sorry about the thread drift

Comment

If you're a good banker --and being from Cinti, you might be-- you'd shoot the 8-10-9, or 8-10-11. Otherwise I'm inclined to take the Pilot's shot, and fram 'em all outta there. The traditional slow kick at the 9 is okay, but it just gets you out of the inning.

~Doc

Comment

I am shooting the two rail shot on the 14 to my hole. This will triple or quadruple him up.
              I need a threat and I think I will get an easier shot to clear his pocket on a subsequent shot.

if the balls are laying too easy for him to make one off the 9 or 1 ball then I may reconsider.
              Last edited by ChicagoFats; 05-23-2018, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoFats View Post
                I am shooting the two rail shot on the 14 to my hole. This will triple or quadruple him up.
                I need a threat and I think I will get an easier shot to clear his pocket on a subsequent shot.
                The 14 two rail caught my eye for the same reason but i felt it would be left open and removed his next shot. Possible adding to his already flush pocket.

Comment

Here is my 10 dollar a game shot. Looks like fun weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
                  Attached Files

Comment

You are in bade shape here. If you are playing a shooter and sell out, the game is most likely over. Since I don't see a reasonable extraction I am going to try and buy a inning and hope for a better position. I am 2 railing the upper stripe and doubling up on the 2/8/9. The ball will need to thrown with left to get it in the vicinity of my pocket.

Comment

Awful spot...

Nothing looks good...

I’d saw on the 11 trying to make it and try to move the 8 out with the cb... Might get a roll and get another shot on the 10 or the 8 if I saw the 11 in...

Comment

Smack the 11ball, try to draw the CB back to the head rail.
                        Rod.

Rodney Stephens.
                        (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

Comment

Originally posted by androd View Post
                          Smack the 11ball, try to draw the CB back to the head rail.
                          Well there you go again with the voice of wisdom, I was thinking force follow the cue ball. I like your way better.

Comment

I would stun 3 ball with half tip right to throw 3 to my pocket and come off long rail to 14. Doubling up opponent pocket.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoFats View Post

if the balls are laying too easy for him to make one off the 9 or 1 ball then I may reconsider.
                              Originally posted by Hardmix View Post
                              You are in bade shape here. If you are playing a shooter and sell out, the game is most likely over. Since I don't see a reasonable extraction I am going to try and buy a inning and hope for a better position. I am 2 railing the upper stripe and doubling up on the 2/8/9. The ball will need to thrown with left to get it in the vicinity of my pocket.
                              i like coming forward to use the 2 as a blocker for the stripe and having blockers in the way of the 9/1
                              to me and i would have to really look at the table
                              and although could be used as side boards it could also carom an incoming ball into the tittie and hang it up icbw about this last part>
                              if the side boards out weighs the chance of hanging a ball then my shot is no good because i would shoot the 15 into the rail into the 9 and on into the pocket

Comment

Working...
                              X