2018 Memphis area onepocket.org Members Tournament

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
As some of you may know, several of us have been working behind the scenes to put on another members one pocket tournament this year. Most of us have made many friends on here and talk in private about one pocket, member tournaments, or just BS as friends. When my friend John Long called me last month and suggested having a local tournament with Dustin and several other members that couldn't attend the yearly tournament i was happy to pitch in. After talking with John, Dustin and reading other members concerns on here, we knew an additional, speedier 16 player format could be more inclusive for members to attend who are currently shut out because of time/expense/work/kids etc. Our main goal here is to finish each days play before 12:00am in order to accomplish this.

We want to assure everybody this tournament is not meant to be a rebutal, critisim or threat to the current yearly members tournament, just another opportunity to play pool and hang with member friends.

In closing we thank Steve Booth for his permission to use the onepocket.org name and sanctioning this members tournament along with all he does. Thanks Steve!
We would like to thank Bill Rowsey, Todd our local ground man and South Haven Rec Center for allowing us the use of their tables, donating greens fees along with Bill's personal starting bid of 400.00 for the first blind bid. Thanks Bill!
We also thank John & Jeannie Long for donating their time, Johns ideas for putting this together etc and Jeannies help running the brackets at the tournament .
Thanks also go out to Matt Hilton for his help with t-shirts yet again!
On a personal note I want to thank my co- tournament director Dustin Miller for working countless hours with me, creating a flier, taking members entries and helping make some hard decisions to make this all happen in a timely matter. Dustin will be posting a signup thread later today. Thanks buddy!
Finals will be a single race to 4, correct?

jlcomp45

Verified Member
From
Cape Girardeau MO
Arriving early

Arriving early

We’ll be coming in early Thursday evening - anyone who doesn’t have my number feel free to message me here for it. Memphis has what looks to be an awesome go kart track that we’re going to try out Friday before heading to the Rec Center if anyone else would like to go too. We’ll have room for 2 more in the car. Just a little extra chance for bragging rights.

John

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
just booked a room at the Days Inn Southaven - less than a mile from Bill's room, google maps says 15 minute walk (if necessary....lol....). 2 double beds, non-smoking room for about $75/night.

8792 Hamilton Road
Southaven, MS 38671
(662) 342-5847
wyndhamhotels.com

I just booked the Days Inn on Hamilton. About $75/night and is about .7 miles away. Clerk said nice breakfast spread also!

that's where miller and the youngstownkid are staying.....

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Matt you and Liz can have the keys to my truck whenever you need to run around. Doubt I will leave the rec for much once I get there. I will get there Thursday. Set my 5th wheel up at the campground about two miles from the pool room and let the games begin.

mhilton777

Verified Member
From
Rosemount, MN
2018 Memphis area onepocket.org Members Tournament

Matt you and Liz can have the keys to my truck whenever you need to run around. Doubt I will leave the rec for much once I get there. I will get there Thursday. Set my 5th wheel up at the campground about two miles from the pool room and let the games begin.

Awesome!!! Thanks Bille!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk