Henry

Verified Member
Bank the 6 down table and leave the cue ball on the rail by Nevels pocket

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH

only need 2, me too..unless I am confident I can beat the scratch by cutting the 6 to my hole. in that case, i am shooting to make it and then banking the stripe.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
from the archives
gabes shot
wwyd ?
View attachment 22986

If the table were reversed, Nevel would just fire the 6 in with extreme draw and come three rails around that 4 ball to get shape on the 14. (Ok, I'm kidding, but Nevel really can get some serious draw.)

The proposed real shot of banking the 6 and leaving the cueball by Nevel's pocket seems like it could give up a strong bank on the 15. If you play that, I think you've got to play the cueball to go 2 rails and get behind the 14, which is harder. But I don't see anything better so that's my shot. I want the cue ball to end up at least half a diamond away from the long rail.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
you could also thin the 15, go to head rail and then back snug on the 15.

Let him shoot form there and you will probably have a better shot next inning.

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
I think I wanna kick that 14 ball outta there coming off the bottom rail with a little spin, looks pretty easy.:help:lol

Last edited:

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Put him behind the 15... either thinning it softly with right, or just bouncing softly off the top rail with right and taking a scratch... I’d rather thin it and not spot one, but I’d do whatever is necessary to not give him a chance to get back in the game...

Kybanks

Verified Member
I like over cutting the 6 ball on Nevels long rail about the 2nd diamond to get my cb to go my side rail and to the middle diamond of the end rail.

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
if you can see the left side of the 6 ball (players pov) than I am banking the 6 three rails away and dragging the cue ball beneath the ten

Attachments

• 2018-07-03 11_57_01-nevel owen #6 1_2 - OnePocket.org Forums.jpg
    2018-07-03 11_57_01-nevel owen #6 1_2 - OnePocket.org Forums.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I'd take a long look at that one. It's simple, and with the CB near Nevel's hole, he doesn't leave a free bank on the pink or the stripe presently by the CB. It's not advisable to leave the CB in front of the shooter's hole because of the pink ball potential.

~Doc

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I'm kicking the 14 to my upper side of the table. Moving the 6 leaves a possibility of banks

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I think I wanna kick that 14 ball outta there coming off the bottom rail with a little spin, looks pretty easy.:help:lol

I'm kicking the 14 to my upper side of the table. Moving the 6 leaves a possibility of banks

you guys are too smart
enjoy the cookies..:)
i did not see this shot coming
gabe hit it perfect
even doubling him up on the bank on the 15
nevel owem 1 12 shot.jpg

nevel owen 112 result.jpg