West Coast Challenge 1p Day 2

P00lh0li0

Verified Member
I made a few hours today to pay a visit to the second day of the one pocket tournament. I arrived around 11:30 this morning. It wasn’t as eventful as the first day since many players have been eliminated.

Looking around, I noticed Tres Kane waiting for his next match. While there were a few matches being played on the side tables, I ended up at the streaming tables with Bryce/Alcano and SVB/Silva playing.As those of you that tuned in, Hendy was doing the commentary. I seemed to have caught the end of the SVB/Silva match. The Alcano/Bryce match went at a slower pace with Bryce taking a break in the middle of the match. However, it went pretty quick from there with Alcano winning. Next up was the Alex/Shuff and Orcullo/Shaw match. Alex made pretty quick work of Shuff while the Orcullo/Shaw proceeded at a snail’s pace with the score one all when Alex finished his match. As a result of the slow play, Ken Shuman was preparing to warn them but the pace began picking up pretty quick.

As mentioned in the fliers, there is a cue show happening starting today. The Tiger material was set up but that was allwhen I left. Eddie Cohen and Kent “The Duke of Burl” Davis arrived around 2 but didn’t have any cues to display. Ariel was nowhere to be found when I left. I did hear that there was some kind of bidding war for a Titlist he finished for the show. There sure are a lot of doodads and whatnots nowadays for the poolplayer.

I can’t say I saw much othe the other matches. I did hear Billy Thorpe say he came back in his match to make it hill hill but his opponent made some kind of bank to win it. After Alex won, he wanted to know if he was done for the day so Shuman said he’d text him if he had to return for a match. Afew people asked Shane about his new boat. Dennis got into some 9 ball action with a Russian I was told. Some guy offered Hendy some action on the snooker table which ended up looking like a ring game with Chris the owner joining in. Jay and Mrs Jay were also on hand sweating matches.

Since this is the first tournament I have attended with streaming, I can say Daniel and Geraldine put in a lot of money and effort into bringing this about esp for two tables. These two seemed to be working nonstop to make sure everything ran smoothly.

Well, that’s what I saw the few hours I was there.

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
I made a few hours today to pay a visit to the second day of the one pocket tournament. I arrived around 11:30 this morning. It wasn’t as eventful as the first day since many players have been eliminated.

Looking around, I noticed Tres Kane waiting for his next match. While there were a few matches being played on the side tables, I ended up at the streaming tables with Bryce/Alcano and SVB/Silva playing.As those of you that tuned in, Hendy was doing the commentary. I seemed to have caught the end of the SVB/Silva match. The Alcano/Bryce match went at a slower pace with Bryce taking a break in the middle of the match. However, it went pretty quick from there with Alcano winning. Next up was the Alex/Shuff and Orcullo/Shaw match. Alex made pretty quick work of Shuff while the Orcullo/Shaw proceeded at a snail’s pace with the score one all when Alex finished his match. As a result of the slow play, Ken Shuman was preparing to warn them but the pace began picking up pretty quick.

As mentioned in the fliers, there is a cue show happening starting today. The Tiger material was set up but that was allwhen I left. Eddie Cohen and Kent “The Duke of Burl” Davis arrived around 2 but didn’t have any cues to display. Ariel was nowhere to be found when I left. I did hear that there was some kind of bidding war for a Titlist he finished for the show. There sure are a lot of doodads and whatnots nowadays for the poolplayer.

I can’t say I saw much othe the other matches. I did hear Billy Thorpe say he came back in his match to make it hill hill but his opponent made some kind of bank to win it. After Alex won, he wanted to know if he was done for the day so Shuman said he’d text him if he had to return for a match. Afew people asked Shane about his new boat. Dennis got into some 9 ball action with a Russian I was told. Some guy offered Hendy some action on the snooker table which ended up looking like a ring game with Chris the owner joining in. Jay and Mrs Jay were also on hand sweating matches.

Since this is the first tournament I have attended with streaming, I can say Daniel and Geraldine put in a lot of money and effort into bringing this about esp for two tables. These two seemed to be working nonstop to make sure everything ran smoothly.

Well, that’s what I saw the few hours I was there.

Dennis is really slow sometimes(even on some simple obvious shots). It seems like he goes through 3 or 4 shots in his head even if one is a 90% choice. I would like to know what the average time per shot is TPS. It would be nice if there was an automatic timer since we live in the world of technology.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Had a great day on the golf table and did some commentary on one of the best matches I have ever had the pleasure of watching.

Bill Skinner, a long time golf player from Denver, joined Chris Swart and I on the golf table and we played several games together. Bill comes every year and plays in the tournament and we usually get in a little golf. He is a very good player and has gotten the best of me a time or two. Chris spanked me on Tuesday but after three days and several hours on the 6 x 12, I started hitting them pretty well.

There is quite a crew here from Denver, with one of there guys going deep in the one pocket tournament and others in action.

If you missed the Orcullo/Alex P match, watch it when Daniel at POV makes it available again. One of the best matches I have sweated watching one pocket for many years. In one game Dennis needed one ball and the balls were spread all over the table with many of the balls uptable. Alex rifled in a long two railer, walking toward where he knew the cue ball would be before the ball went in the hole. He then proceeded to make one of the greatest outs I have watched in a one pocket game. A lesser player would have folded, but Dennis dug in like the champion he is and made it hill/hill with Dennis breaking. It was all Dennis the last game, ending a match it was hard to believe Alex lost as well as he played.

Orcullo and Chohan in the hot seat match at noon. Should be epic.

gerri3404

Verified Member
@P00lh0li0

I was reading your updates, but hadn't had the chance to respond. I just wanted to thank you for your recaps. I loved reading about the experience for you! I hope you get to watch this week & I look forward to reading more from you!