X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am thinning of the 5 and two railing to the top corner

Comment

Originally posted by Jakie View Post
      From the opposite corner uptable I am kicking the 1 ball toward my hole with medium pace. The 1 is close enough to the corner to make it easy to hit it right and the layout of the other balls doesn't leave much for your opponent . You have a good chance to pocket a ball in your hole or to hang one in the jaws. Either way you are a huge favorite to win the game. If the kick doesn't look good to you look at the cut on the 3 with inside english.(pocket speed)
      Well you liked cincy's shot doesnt that leave a simple short rail bank?

I would rather leave you kicking 9+ ft

Comment

wwyd

You are definitely correct in your analysis of Cincy's shot. I like the shot except for the last leg where the cue strikes the 3 and goes to the side rail and spins uptable leaving possible cross banks. I would be trying to play the cue softly off of the bottom of the 3 then side rail and in behind the balls by the hole. I didn't want to be too critical because I thought he was on the right track.(and I am lazy and didn't want to do all that typing) But you caught it so I will need to explain myself. The uptable safes leave 2 shots that I think will possibly cost you the game: the kick on the 9 or the cut on the 3.
        Based on Cincy's diagram I think he's shooting the shot harder than I would.
        (sorry Chris) Good eye Unperro!

but

Comment

Originally posted by Jakie View Post
          You are definitely correct in your analysis of Cincy's shot. I like the shot except for the last leg where the cue strikes the 3 and goes to the side rail and spins uptable leaving possible cross banks. I would be trying to play the cue softly off of the bottom of the 3 then side rail and in behind the balls by the hole. I didn't want to be too critical because I thought he was on the right track.(and I am lazy and didn't want to do all that typing) But you caught it so I will need to explain myself. The uptable safes leave 2 shots that I think will possibly cost you the game: the kick on the 9 or the cut on the 3.
          Based on Cincy's diagram I think he's shooting the shot harder than I would.
          (sorry Chris) Good eye Unperro!

but

Hey Nick, no worries!

Actually I would love to have the ball end up where you want it as well but since you cant use LHE when kicking it may be hard to spin down that way. i am just hitting it hard enough to contact the 3 and hopefully get to rail. I see the 14 cross bank if it ends up where I diagrammed it, so that wouldn't be any good. I am really just trying to escape the inning and I think the 2 rail kick is the typical shot that is played here.

I also agree 100% on your analysis on why the 2 rails to the corner is not very good either. You can kick 1 soft and put in trap, kick it medium and maybe make a ball and win or cut the 3 and run out. I think I have better chance of not leaving a shot with the 2 rail kick.

my 2 cents only!

Comment

Yeah, you are in jail. I like CK's shot, but I would hit it gently and take the foul. I don't want that airplane guy banking the 14 ball. I could even kick off the long rail and roll on the 1 ball. Unless I am unlucky and leave him an easy combo on the 6, any place he leaves me I will like better than where I am now. There's a nice little gap between the 1 and the short rail.
            If it ain't funny, it ain't much.

Comment

I actuly kinda like soft kicking on to the wrong side of the 1 like vapros just said. seems very simple to execute and honestly pilots position isn't super strong just the trap.
              Attached Files

Comment

Wwyd Jtompilot vs Mkbtank

I was in Jail. First I looked at Cincys shot. Too much traffic for me and too easy to leave a bank imo. When I saw the two balls tied up on his side that gave me my answer. Rodney and those in the uptable camp get this cookie lol. I didn’t like the angle coming off the one so took the foul just to the left of the one heading for his long rail near that chalk and trying to put him on the back rail. Much safer imo. Less chance of me selling out. One of the things I try to keep in mind nowadays is what Dr Bill always says. “Put the other guy in a position to make them have to perform”.

And yes he could try to put me back on the one but I could just go back uptable on his side off the one next time. Plus it’s a long touchy shot which may give me an opening. Certainly better than the position I started in! Note... if he cut the 3 I could have problems.... lol.

As it turned out I think he did try to get me tied up on the one but I could see the three and banked it into the stack. I think!! I’m not sure though. We played so long it’s a blur lol.

Here is how it turned out...

Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

I think players sometimes misunderstand the purpose of the intentional scratch. Mostly it is used to (at least for one inning) get out of a trap where you don't have alternatives that are easy to fetch. But, there are other uses as well. Those include Psychological Warfare where you just refuse to give in to your opponent and the trap you're in. Also, you might get your opponent to take an intentional himself which will help you out by him owing balls as well. And lastly if you own a pool room like I do, you can get more table time out of your opponent.......lol

Comment

Originally posted by jerry matchin View Post
                    I think players sometimes misunderstand the purpose of the intentional scratch. Mostly it is used to (at least for one inning) get out of a trap where you don't have alternatives that are easy to fetch. But, there are other uses as well. Those include Psychological Warfare where you just refuse to give in to your opponent and the trap you're in. Also, you might get your opponent to take an intentional himself which will help you out by him owing balls as well. And lastly if you own a pool room like I do, you can get more table time out of your opponent.......lol

All good points lol.
                    Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

Very good thinking and great decision.

Originally posted by Mkbtank View Post
                      I was in Jail. First I looked at Cincys shot. Too much traffic for me and too easy to leave a bank imo. When I saw the two balls tied up on his side that gave me my answer. Rodney and those in the uptable camp get this cookie lol. I didn’t like the angle coming off the one so took the foul just to the left of the one heading for his long rail near that chalk and trying to put him on the back rail. Much safer imo. Less chance of me selling out. One of the things I try to keep in mind nowadays is what Dr Bill always says. “Put the other guy in a position to make them have to perform”.

And yes he could try to put me back on the one but I could just go back uptable on his side off the one next time. Plus it’s a long touchy shot which may give me an opening. Certainly better than the position I started in! Note... if he cut the 3 I could have problems.... lol.

As it turned out I think he did try to get me tied up on the one but I could see the three and banked it into the stack. I think!! I’m not sure though. We played so long it’s a blur lol.

Here is how it turned out...

Comment

excellent choice
                        and great speed control mitch

Comment

What was the outcome of the match?

Comment

Originally posted by OneRock View Post
                            What was the outcome of the match?

Well the last time we played a few years ago Jim got me and this time I got him. Rubber match coming in September I think. Always a great time playing and hanging with the Pilot win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by lll View Post
                              excellent choice

and great speed control mitch

Originally posted by OneRock View Post
                              Very good thinking and great decision.

Thanks. Blind squirrel meet nut lol.

Comment

great shot Mitch!

As I told you though, if I were the pilot, I may cut the 3, but if it were cincy (who doesn't shoot ass straight as him), I am playing off the left side of 12, to my long rail and putting you froze to the 1...

looking at it again, if i have to hit the 12 too thin to get there, i am also lag cutting the 3, I think its a free shot...

Comment

Working...
                                X