2018 WCS - Freezer's Ice House 1-Pocket & 10-Ball Challenge!

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Great as always from what I was able to watch, thanks again!

What time does the one pocket pick back up today, same time around 11/12 PST?

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
She did, indeed. Excellent commentary on one pocket. Sounds like she has played the game a lot.

I posted a question during the time she was on, but nobody picked up on it. It is probably a question that has been talked about before on 1p.org. Why is it that very few women play one pocket? That is true at least in my experience. What would make them more interested? Is there a distaff side of One Pocket?
It's likely for the same reason that most women don't play serious pool in general. It doesn't appeal to them.

~Doc

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
She did, indeed. Excellent commentary on one pocket. Sounds like she has played the game a lot.

I posted a question during the time she was on, but nobody picked up on it. It is probably a question that has been talked about before on 1p.org. Why is it that very few women play one pocket? That is true at least in my experience. What would make them more interested? Is there a distaff side of One Pocket?

I would think the women players would like one pocket alot
Because you dont need power on the break
So any advantage a male may have on the 9 ball break
Doesnt exist in onepocket
Great equalizer
Jmho
Icbw

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA

Carla did a great job on the commentary. She plays out of Hard Times, Ballflower and makes the trip to Derby City and other tournaments. I think she is originally from Detroit and was around The Rack in its heyday.

There are some women who play it well. My old friend Mary Kenniston will play in the Seniors Tournament in Houston this year and she will surprise a few people with her game.

povpool

Verified Member
From
Studio City, CA
Final Day of the Freezer's Ice House 1-Pocket Challenge, presented by West State Billiards!
Hot Seat Match LIVE on POV POOL!
Dennis Orcollo vs. Josh Roberts

Commentary provided by Bernie Pettipiece & Adam Kroll
https://youtu.be/yFHPve-e84w

36176545_10156553652054673_3043161969063362560_n.jpg

Last edited:

keoneyo

Verified Member
CARLA JOHNSON
Been around since the days of the Rack in Detroit.
Always like to lay down a bet and is in action often.
A great lady and if you were ever on Death Row you would want her
leading your team.

Me and Carla (640x480).jpg