Santos Sambajon

OldSchool

Verified Member
Imo, Santos doesn't get the credit or recognition that he deserves re. his one pocket game. His name never comes up when assessing who are the best 15 one pocket players, but I think it should.

If you haven't already seen it, watch this match where Santos out thinks and out plays Orcullo to win the match. Respect to Santos.

Old School

Last edited:

Henry

Verified Member
Imo, Santos doesn't get the credit or recognition that he deserves re. his one pocket game. His name never comes up when assessing who are the best 15 one pocket players, but I think it should.

If you haven't already seen it, watch this match wherein Santos out-thinks and outplays Orcullo to win the match. Respect to Santos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goWrBkOeSwU

Old School

I love the way Santos plays, I go to LA 3 or 4 times a year and it is really the only time I get to play. I have played Santos 4 or 5 times and I have seen his best game and it is amazing. Has no weakness does everything at a real high level. I get 9/6 and have lost 4 or 5 times and won once. He hardly leaves LA anymore and doesn't get much action these days so he doesn't always play his best anymore but I have seen his best and it is right up there with the best. I was just in LA and did not see Santos but I played Frank the Barber all day one day he was not feeling or playing his best but it was a great time. We broke even which is good for me. Frank just plays so solid and never makes a bad decision. When I go to LA I go to play which means I don't get the best of the game often and its always tough but I enjoy it.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I love the way Santos plays, I go to LA 3 or 4 times a year and it is really the only time I get to play. I have played Santos 4 or 5 times and I have seen his best game and it is amazing. Has no weakness does everything at a real high level. I get 9/6 and have lost 4 or 5 times and won once. He hardly leaves LA anymore and doesn't get much action these days so he doesn't always play his best anymore but I have seen his best and it is right up there with the best. I was just in LA and did not see Santos but I played Frank the Barber all day one day he was not feeling or playing his best but it was a great time. We broke even which is good for me. Frank just plays so solid and never makes a bad decision. When I go to LA I go to play which means I don't get the best of the game often and its always tough but I enjoy it.

I played Santos some nine ball in the 90’s when he first came to the states. He would not play one pocket then. This little guy broke like King Kong. I lost a set, asked for weight, got it and lost another set and pulled up.

Old school is right, we don’t think about him when we talk about top players, but his game is good enough to beat anybody.

If you are playing Frank and breaking even, no more ball for you. You coming to the Memorial at Hard Times next week?

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I played Santos twice at Sandcastle during one of the MIH events. Santos telling me his BS story how he doesn’t play anywhere near Efren speed so he only gave me 8/7. I played so well he started crying and quit me to games down. Several hours later he wanted to play me again when he realized I can’t hardly play a lick. I got a good a$$ whooping but learned a few things:lol

OldSchool

Verified Member
thanks for the link oldschool
i plan to watch over the next few days

No problem Larry. It's an excellent match. Let me know (and anybody else who watches it) what you thought of Santos's play against the world beater robocop.

Old School

Last edited: