How are you improving your game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cory in dc View Post
    For me, I've been focusing on a slow, smooth backswing that is the same for any speed of shot. It does seem to help. But I'm not certain if that's because doing this makes me focus more generally or if it's really the slow backswing. Probably some of both and if the results are good, I guess it doesn't really matter!
    slow backswing /pause/and smooth acceleration
    is ALMOST orgasmic........

Comment

I spend hours working on mechanics and pre-shot routine. biggest thing for me is pausing in my back stroke and focusing on point of contact. one other thing I have been trying recently is what I see amar and tony doing which is standing up on every shot before they pull the trigger on it. I am not decided on how good the standing up is yet but seems worth trying as they are both great executioners

Comment

When you're practicing and start on a run for a particular pocket you need to really focus to do everything right on every shot.
        Everyone has their shot routine and system for aiming. We're all different and do thing our ways but the one thing everyone needs to do is to give your full attention to every shot.
        Many times when we practice we will miss a routine shot and just drop that ball with our stick as if we made it and continue shooting.
        If we're going to miss let it be on a shot that's more than routine. Don't be lazy and take shots for granted and say to yourself that you would have made it if you had really tried. That's being lazy.
        You will play like you practice.

Comment

One way to improve your game that doesn't often get mentioned is to take time off. Who knows why or what the hell, but taking some serious time off and getting back in there full force can be the most devistating way to improve i think.

Comment

After I get down over a shot I keep my feet in place and stand up to re-evaluate the shot and with my feet in place get down over the shot and shoot. For whatever reason re-evaluating gives me a different perspective and removes any doubt I might have at my initial decision.

Comment

Do you breathe in or out? (Golf sharking question), lol.

Comment

I'm working everything you are Mike...lol Heck I think we are all tweaking something. My current thing is mainly lack of concentration causing me to miss too many shots. Sometimes during a run i'm lazy on making sure my line is right before I pull the trigger and miss too many balls. I'm also working on my stroke and trying to keep my wrist straight.

Comment

I'm trying to keep my head down...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Now, that's funny!!
                    If it ain't funny, it ain't much.

Comment

Originally posted by vapros View Post
                      Now, that's funny!!
                      It took me a minute. But yes, funny. And scary! Do you have to use it on the break in 9-ball?
                      "LOL ... judging by your shot selections you play good" -- Hacker, September 29, 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
                        I'm working everything you are Mike...lol Heck I think we are all tweaking something. My current thing is mainly lack of concentration causing me to miss too many shots. Sometimes during a run i'm lazy on making sure my line is right before I pull the trigger and miss too many balls. I'm also working on my stroke and trying to keep my wrist straight.
                        I think you’re definitely correct that alot of us are always looking for that magic “something” that will bring us to the next level of consistency. I’ll miss some really easy shots or easy position play and I also think concentration is one of my pitfalls from time to time.
                        Live long and play strong,
                        -Chicagomike

Comment

Originally posted by youngstownkid View Post
                          Do you breathe in or out? (Golf sharking question), lol.
                          Good question...I’ll have to explore that
                          Live long and play strong,
                          -Chicagomike

Comment

Originally posted by Cory in dc View Post
                            It took me a minute. But yes, funny. And scary! Do you have to use it on the break in 9-ball?
                            hahaha Yes! But maybe this is why we have no children.

Comment

Who do you recommend?

Originally posted by youngstownkid View Post
                              Have you ever had a stroke mechanics lesson?
                              Who are the best people for this? Who do you recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by DWS View Post
                                Who are the best people for this? Who do you recommend?

Scott Lee is the only stroke mechanics instructor I’ve ever worked with, and I would highly recommend him. I can PM you his number.

Comment

Working...
                                X