No announcement yet.

WWYD if you need 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dammit Barber, you keep stealing my thunder.

Comment

Originally posted by 12squared View Post
      Where's "Spinnin' Jim" when you need him. C'mon pilot, show them the shot. hahahaha...sigh.

Dave
      I still haven’t watched that shot

Comment

Originally posted by unoperro View Post
        Bank that 1 and whitey goes 3 or 4 rails the 10 wont be makeable
        good point
        especially on a diamond
        except if you dont make the bank you leave it for him to bank

Comment

Originally posted by lll View Post
          i think this is your shot

[ATTACH]23358[/ATTACH]
          Not a bad option if you need one. This will get two balls out of play because YOUR one ball is leaving the area on his next turn.

Comment

Originally posted by chicagomike View Post
            I would attempt kicking the 7 ball. Short rail first in attempt to kick-bank the 7 over to near your side pocket with the CB caroming back up to its original position near the top left corner pocket. Keeps your 1 ball hidden and removes the 7 from opponents side. Not too difficult to execute.
            Me too. I had just finished drawing this shot when I saw your post.

pj
            chgo

[ATTACH]37445[/ATTACH]
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Johnson View Post

pj
              chgo

[ATTACH]37445[/ATTACH]
              I guess I need to practice those shots more, but I am not very comfortable kicking long at the foot rail and coming over into the side of the ball and judging where to hit t to get the ball to my side and bring the CB up table. I will either miss the ball completely hitting it too thin or hit it too thick and sell out the 1 ball cross corner.

If i were playing at the 7, I would have to shoot the standard RHE bank to my side shot that others have posted.

Comment

pj
                chgo

[ATTACH]37445[/ATTACH]
                Thanks. That’s exactly it!
                Live long and play strong,
                -Chicagomike

Comment

Originally posted by cincy_kid View Post
                  I guess I need to practice those shots more, but I am not very comfortable kicking long at the foot rail and coming over into the side of the ball and judging where to hit t to get the ball to my side and bring the CB up table. I will either miss the ball completely hitting it too thin or hit it too thick and sell out the 1 ball cross corner.

If i were playing at the 7, I would have to shoot the standard RHE bank to my side shot that others have posted.
                  A little while practicing and you’ll get the hang of it. Even if you never use it you will have it as an option.
                  Live long and play strong,
                  -Chicagomike

Comment

pj
                    chgo

[ATTACH]37445[/ATTACH]
                    this or the one rail kck on the 7 is the one for me since I need to keep the cue all on my long rail

Comment

I’m wondering about this shot... I’m sure a good billiard player would know if it’s on... perhaps Bill S. or Dr. Bill or someone else fluent in 3 cushion play could comment...
                      Cross the 7 to the long rail about a diamond short of the side pocket with the intention of 3 railing the 7 to your pocket... the way the shot lays using high English with maybe a tip of right to somewhat flatten the cb out thereby enabling it to pass above the 1 and below the 10 for a cb that will end up in a strong position uptable...might be a stretch with a lot of moving parts, but if it’s on, it would very strong...

Comment

Originally posted by Island Drive View Post
                        Looking at the second picture. And seeing the pocket size, I'd probably play the 10-1 carom and bring the cue ball naturally behind that 7. All cue ball here.
                        I like this option the best. Good shot

Comment

I took all of these shots to the table, its very humbling, and sure brings one down to earth. All the kick shots were very hard for me, and some I could not get the cb to go as drawn up. Franks shot of banking the 7 with right english, I could not do at all, for I could not control the cb to hit the 7 properly.

I had the best luck with either cross banking the 7 with straight center, made a couple of times out of 6 tries. And one rail kicking the 7 coming off the long side rail with right english work very well, for the cue ball just goes naturally back to the long rail where it was stroked from. But man just being a little off and you hit either to thick or miss it altogether, and I sure missed it altogether a lot. LOL.

But, if the opponent needs only 1 ball then I would think it is important to either make the ball or really improve your position, for the ball off the 3 diamond can be shot right in the hole from where the cb is now. Thanks for the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by cincy_kid View Post
                            I’m not that confident of hitting it well either - it just looks worth trying. 🙂

pj
                            chgo

Comment

Finally got a chance to take it to a table. I had the best results playing the side rail kick to my hole with inside. Made it several times. If you miss the whole ball the cue ball goes three rails safe. The bank was a lot tougher than it looks from where the cue ball is and the carom might be ok but if you don't make it or hang it you sell out. The 1 ball is also a lot closer to the hole than it looks in the photo so the carom is possible. Jmo. John

Comment

Originally posted by jtompilot View Post
                                I still haven’t watched that shot
                                Revo all the way.............................................
                                Bill Meacham
                                WBT
                                www.worldbilliardtour.com
                                no link....

Comment

Working...
                                X