Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WWYD if you need 2

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • WWYD if you need 2

    You are the pocket near the 1ball.








    MM

  • #2
    Load up the cue ball with bottom right and spin bank that 7. If that doesn't look right kick it from the side rail back over to your side.

    Comment


    • #3
      Yes, indeed, Mr. Cat. It's not realistic to think I can make it, but I believe I can two-rail it over by the 1 ball with Jojo back up by the top rail. From there I have to like my position.
      If it ain't funny, it ain't much.

      Comment


      • #4
        All I see is a safe shot. Crossbank the 7 and get the cueball back up table, along the tangent line as close to the back rail as possible. You'd be lucky to get the 7 more than halfway to your side as you have to prioritize a good enough hit with no spin. Battle from there.
        superiorcues.com

        Comment


        • #5
          i would 3 rail the 7 here with high right.

          Comment


          • #6
            ticky the ten behind the one into the pocket and win the game. those are big pockets.

            for the faint of heart cross over the 7 and knock it up the rail and leave the cue ball in the center of short rail

            Comment


            • #7
              This is one of two options I see, albeit it requires perfect execution to get a full-ball hit on the 7 and get the CB back up table and out of the danger zone. If you happen to leave a cross bank, it certainly wouldn't come free.



              Originally posted by El Chapo View Post
              i would 3 rail the 7 here with high right.

              Comment


              • #8
                There's a shot that often comes up in 3-Cushion Billiards that would work here: A rail-first kick at the 7 with a high-left CB.
                Attached Files

                Comment


                • #9
                  Looking at the second picture. And seeing the pocket size, I'd probably play the 10-1 carom and bring the cue ball naturally behind that 7. All cue ball here.
                  Bill Meacham
                  WBT
                  www.worldbilliardtour.com
                  no link....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I would attempt kicking the 7 ball. Short rail first in attempt to kick-bank the 7 over to near your side pocket with the CB caroming back up to its original position near the top left corner pocket. Keeps your 1 ball hidden and removes the 7 from opponents side. Not too difficult to execute.
                    Live long and play strong,
                    -Chicagomike

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Island Drive View Post
                      Looking at the second picture. And seeing the pocket size, I'd probably play the 10-1 carom and bring the cue ball naturally behind that 7. All cue ball here.
                      My thought as well.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
                        Load up the cue ball with bottom right and spin bank that 7. If that doesn't look right kick it from the side rail back over to your side.
                        Why bottom right and not just right?
                        Live long and play strong,
                        -Chicagomike

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Island Drive View Post
                          Looking at the second picture. And seeing the pocket size, I'd probably play the 10-1 carom and bring the cue ball naturally behind that 7. All cue ball here.

                          me too!

                          If you don't make it,you should hang it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by chicagomike View Post
                            Why bottom right and not just right?
                            Trying to hit it a little thinner and load up more spin off the second rail after contact so it doesn't come straight back off the second rail. Personally i feel more confident shooting it that way. But Peters idea using left is most likely the correct way for what i was trying to achieve regardless. I don't think i was right and was guessing....lol Probably why i sell out a lot

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
                              Trying to hit it a little thinner and load up more spin off the second rail after contact so it doesn't come straight back off the second rail. Personally i feel more confident shooting it that way. But Peters idea using left is most likely the correct way for what i was trying to achieve regardless. I don't think i was right and was guessing....lol Probably why i sell out a lot
                              Peter is crossing it the other way to leave the CB down on the foot rail. I think that sells out the 1 ball bank unless you get real far over...(you can run the CB into the 10 and its pretty free, or go 3 rails around with the CB and come under the 10)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X