Mini- Beast in the East

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Friday I drove two hours from NYC area to Philadelphia to play Mitch at BlueGrass Billiards. Nice room with GC3s, good burgers, friendly staff. Iron man Mitch finally quit after 11 hours of play.

Saturday Darryl drive to Drexeline Billiards from Baltimore to challenge the Pilot. Darryl is a super nice guy to play. Don’t hang any balls because Darryl will dig em out.

The tables at Drexeline are GC4s and play much better than the tables at Bluegrass.

Thanks to both Mitch and Darryl for the action. I had a good time and enjoyed some fine One Pocket from both guys.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Mini- Beast in the East

Friday I drove two hours from NYC area to Philadelphia to play Mitch at BlueGrass Billiards. Nice room with GC3s, good burgers, friendly staff. Iron man Mitch finally quit after 11 hours of play.

Saturday Darryl drive to Drexeline Billiards from Baltimore to challenge the Pilot. Darryl is a super nice guy to play. Don’t hang any balls because Darryl will dig em out.

The tables at Drexeline are GC4s and play much better than the tables at Bluegrass.

Thanks to both Mitch and Darryl for the action. I had a good time and enjoyed some fine One Pocket from both guys.

Thanks Jim I had a blast also! You played hard and deserved the win. Before someone asks.. Jim got the cheese! He got me two games after 11 tough hours of play. He was up one game with one last game to play so I had my chance to end even but I was toast lol. I tapped the ball unintentionally 3 or 4 times in that last game!! At one point the score was 5 (Jim) to -4 (me). I came back and got the game to 5 balls a piece but couldn’t finish! Nice shooting Jim. Next time it’s my turn again and I will try to pocket a ball for a change!! Lol. Glad you liked the room.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Thanks Jim I had a blast also! You played hard and deserved the win. Before someone asks.. Jim got the cheese! He got me two games after 11 tough hours of play. He was up one game with one last game to play so I had my chance to end even but I was toast lol. I tapped the ball unintentionally 3 or 4 times in that last game!! At one point the score was 5 (Jim) to -4 (me). I came back and got the game to 5 balls a piece but couldn’t finish! Nice shooting Jim. Next time it’s my turn again and I will try to pocket a ball for a change!! Lol. Glad you liked the room.

Dear Mr. Shoot at everything Mitch, next time I pick the tight pocket table:heh

I met Jet. Real nice old gentleman. He must have been a real good player back in the day. He still hits em pretty good

Last edited:

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Mini- Beast in the East

Dear Mr. Shoot at everything Mitch, next time I pick the tight pocket table:heh

I met Jet. Real nice old gentleman. He must have been a real good player back in the day. He still hits em pretty good

Ha!! Feel free. It will only be worse for you 😆.

Yeah Jet knows the racket!!! Super nice guy. He and Jimmy Fusco were the best of friends for many years.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO

Nice mini-beast. So I take it you are the new m-beast? Sounds like fun.

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD

Thanks Jim. That is a great room, isn't it? They keep about 4-6 tables reserved for nothing but one pocket. I read recently that they recovered all 20-24 tables at one time. We played on their tightest table which was also super fast and took some gettin used to.:frus

I very much enjoyed the trip, it's fun to do that once in a while and get to play someone different than the local guys you always play with. You have a great opportunity to play lots of people and in various places, that's great.

You played very well, and while I was competitive for a while, I couldn't keep it up for the whole day. Mostly, I lost the CB too much on that fast table.:frus

It was very enjoyable, you are a gentleman, and a straight shooting son of a gun.

Thanks for the experience.:)

Darrell

OneRock

Verified Member
From
South Florida
Mitch, two games down is a nice hook to keep him on your line. No fish can survive long above water, let alone pilot a plane. Don't let him play with a fishbowl helmet next time.

Good shooting you two.

chicagomike

Verified Member
Sounds like you guys had a good time...and a fair game? Nice!!! Looking forward to seeing you guys sometime relatively soon.

Pilot look me up if you pass though Chicago and have some time on your hands!

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Sounds like you guys had a good time...and a fair game? Nice!!! Looking forward to seeing you guys sometime relatively soon.

Pilot look me up if you pass though Chicago and have some time on your hands!

I have a trip to Chicago next week. I hope I just didn’t jinx myself:eek:
Anyways I’m flying into MDW Thursday. I play like shit on days I fly so you’ll have an easy time with me Champ. Looking to test out Jerimy Chambers new rails on the tables at Red Shoes.

I’m off on Friday so I’ll head to Chris’s. Ghost is a little low on cash so I’ll help him out some and I would also like to play JR again.

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
I have a trip to Chicago next week. I hope I just didn’t jinx myself:eek:
Anyways I’m flying into MDW Thursday. I play like shit on days I fly so you’ll have an easy time with me Champ. Looking to test out Jerimy Chambers new rails on the tables at Red Shoes.

I’m off on Friday so I’ll head to Chris’s. Ghost is a little low on cash so I’ll help him out some and I would also like to play JR again.

Jim, I would also like to play you again. I live between the north side of Chicago which is where Chris's is located and the south side of Chicago which is where Red Shoes (south side suburb) is located. I frequent both pool rooms. If your flying into Midway on Thursday, you'll probably be lodging on the south side of Chicago. I can meet you at Red Shoes on Thursday or Friday, just let me know the time. Win or lose or even if we don't play, I know a few restaurants and will buy you a good Windy City meal.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Jim, I would also like to play you again. I live between the north side of Chicago which is where Chris's is located and the south side of Chicago which is where Red Shoes (south side suburb) is located. I frequent both pool rooms. If your flying into Midway on Thursday, you'll probably be lodging on the south side of Chicago. I can meet you at Red Shoes on Thursday or Friday, just let me know the time. Win or lose or even if we don't play, I know a few restaurants and will buy you a good Windy City meal.

OK John, your booked for Thursday. I land at Midway around 4 and I have to share the car with my copilot so I’ll text or call you after we land and let you know about when I can meet you at Red Shoes.

Jim

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
dang Jim, I am always so jealous of your schedule where you can fly all over and play one hole!!

Glad you were able to connect with a couple members and looks like you have others lined up, good luck....them Chicago boys don't mess around!!

none of you 3 took a pic? :eek:

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
dang Jim, I am always so jealous of your schedule where you can fly all over and play one hole!!

Glad you were able to connect with a couple members and looks like you have others lined up, good luck....them Chicago boys don't mess around!!

none of you 3 took a pic? :eek:

Hey, I work undercover:heh

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
So, here I am three days removed from my excursion to Philly where I suffered at the hands of JT Pilot, a dastardly rogue that takes too much pleasure flying around the country taking advantage of poor local one pocket players.:frus He oughtta be a tennis pro or an toothpaste model or something.

I haven't been able to sleep, I wake up in cold sweats, and I found that while watching an old favorite movie starring Errol Flynn as a swashbuckling pirate, that I had to turn the movie off. Then suddenly, it dawned on me, why I got beat.:eek:

The guy is just too damn good looking! It is simply too distracting and depressing.:( I mean just look at that picture on the opening page of our website. There he is, right up front (probably put there by the photographer I'm sure) surrounded by all those mugs, rubbing it in.:rolleyes:

And then, on top of all that, he pretends to be so nice too, ha. It's all just too much. I know if we ever play again, he's gonna have to wear maybe a paper bag or something, that oughtta do it. Beware all who get on his schedule is all i can say, Beware and keep a paper bag handy, that's the ticket.:lol:lol

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
So, here I am three days removed from my excursion to Philly where I suffered at the hands of JT Pilot, a dastardly rogue that takes too much pleasure flying around the country taking advantage of poor local one pocket players.:frus He oughtta be a tennis pro or an toothpaste model or something.

I haven't been able to sleep, I wake up in cold sweats, and I found that while watching an old favorite movie starring Errol Flynn as a swashbuckling pirate, that I had to turn the movie off. Then suddenly, it dawned on me, why I got beat.:eek:

The guy is just too damn good looking! It is simply too distracting and depressing.:( I mean just look at that picture on the opening page of our website. There he is, right up front (probably put there by the photographer I'm sure) surrounded by all those mugs, rubbing it in.:rolleyes:

And then, on top of all that, he pretends to be so nice too, ha. It's all just too much. I know if we ever play again, he's gonna have to wear maybe a paper bag or something, that oughtta do it. Beware all who get on his schedule is all i can say, Beware and keep a paper bag handy, that's the ticket.:lol:lol

OMG, you and 12squared could be twins from different mothers:lol

OneRock

Verified Member
From
South Florida
I guess they don't call it the road anymore. It's the airways now.

OK John, your booked for Thursday. I land at Midway around 4 and I have to share the car with my copilot so I’ll text or call you after we land and let you know about when I can meet you at Red Shoes.

Jim