U both need 1...

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
I certainly wouldn't try a low percentage kick shot or an off the wall trick shot of any type. I would keep it simple. I would thin the 2-ball on the right side. It is difficult to judge from the photo if it is possible to strike the point on the left side of the side pocket thereby keeping it once again very near to the side pocket. However, if that is not a viable option then I would make the 2-ball (which would be spotted after my shot) in the side pocket and bring the cue ball toward my opponent's pocket, hopefully frozen on the short rail. A third option, would be to slowly come off the left side of the 2-ball with the cue ball while attempting to keep both the cue ball and 2-ball as close together as possible near the side pocket.

Last edited:

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK
U both need 1...

Nothing fancy here. I would simply pot the 2 in the middle bag and try to leave the CB close to the opponent’s pocket, preferably frozen to the bottom rail. By playing cushion first with right english to pot the 2 I could either sink the CB in the middle or leave a cross bank on the 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
He may cut em pretty good, but his forte is spinning the cb, so while I would never attempt it, the obvious shot for 3c is to spin off the long rail into the 2 ball sending it down the rail.:eek:

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I probably have just as much chance as kicking at it from the head rail and then contacting the long rail right before the 2 and pushing it down towards my pocket, hopefully making it.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
I indeed, played the ONLY logical shot to, 'Get out!'

The, 'Rail first' cut down the rail.

You both need 1 ball playing 1 pocket. You're pocket is the side where the 2 ball lies. To play this shot, you need to apply a little low EXTREME RHE to spin the cue ball into the cushion at almost a 90 degree angle. Elevate the cue, ever so slightly to give a faint curve to the CB, to clip the 2 ball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKTBL14wOvQ

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
great shot bill...:)

Larry; the shot is not that difficult to make, the concept is where the beauty lies! Because the OB is about, 0.75" - 1" from the cushion at the center of the side pocket, it's hard to hit TOO much of the 2 ball!

At the angle the CB is curving into the cushion, (perpendicular) then the OB it actually can over-cut the ball, which would still send the OB in front of your pocket, and possibly leaving a VERY difficult takeout!

Last edited:

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
He may cut em pretty good, but his forte is spinning the cb, so while I would never attempt it, the obvious shot for 3c is to spin off the long rail into the 2 ball sending it down the rail.:eek:

Well, I'll be damned. I was indeed correct.:D:D:D:heh:heh