No announcement yet.

Looks like we need a WWYD...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoot the 10 into the 2-8 (splitting them) sending all 3 balls towards your hole, bringing the cb back to end rail, doubling up 7-11.
    I did not read any other posts, just 1st thing that came to mine, so I can not give credit where do, if someone has suggest this! Whitey

Edit; I see Island Drive suggested this previously, giving credit where credit is do, I like your thinking!
    Last edited by Dennis "Whitey" Young; 11-14-2018, 03:08 PM. Reason: Island Drive's suggestion also!

Comment

It looks like "I" could kill the CB behind the 2 balls and bank the 7 towards my hole!

Last edited by mr3cushion; 02-05-2019, 01:12 PM.

Comment

He probably cut the 8 in caromed the 2 to get a shot on it then made the 4 ball bank or the 11 whichever he got shape on , the guy just doesn't play the game right at all !

Comment

With the score 5 to 0 you have to shoot the seven if you are comfortable with the shot.

Never forget the score is the most important thing.

Bill S.

Comment

Originally posted by bstroud View Post
            With the score 5 to 0 you have to shoot the seven if you are comfortable with the shot.

Never forget the score is the most important thing.

Bill S.
            could you please explain your reasoning
            to me the 7 is not a "gimmee"
            if missed you sell out alot of balls
            you are leading 5-0
            why take a chance now??
            Last edited by lll; 11-14-2018, 05:16 PM.

Comment

bill,

You have the worst of the table position.

Shooting the 7 is going to move balls toward your pocket.

The 7 is not a hard shot for me. I like to shoot.

Many of the balls are down table.

Percentages for a win look good to me.

You can always play another game.

Bill S.

Comment

Originally posted by bstroud View Post
                bill,

You have the worst of the table position.

Shooting the 7 is going to move balls toward your pocket.

The 7 is not a hard shot for me. I like to shoot.

Many of the balls are down table.

Percentages for a win look good to me.

You can always play another game.

Bill S.
                thanks for the reply bill
                larry

Comment

cut the 8, bank the two and follow through the ball down behind the 4

Comment

If you shoot the 10 into the 2 and 8, the 10 will go straight up the table toward the pocket. I would just make the three and leave the cb right there on the rail. Now I have a ball on the spot if he tries a combo, I will have a shot.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Scrzbill View Post
                      One of my favorite shots and a crowd pleaser, kick out the four.
                      In one of the games today between Ghost and J.R., Ghost was trapped in a similar situation. Two rail kick.
                      Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!

Comment

Depending on how far the cue ball is off the end rail there is a aggressive defensive shot on the 10 ball. Just shoot it into the side rail aimed about the third diamond and draw the cue ball back to the end rail.

The 10 ball will hit the 2 ball and all the balls nearby should head toward your pocket.

Could be a good shot but you will probably leave some kind of cross bank.

No way would I kick at the 4 ball unless I had fallen asleep.

Bill S.

Comment

I would kinda like my opponent shooting the 7. He better make it or I’m gonna get a bunch. I’m in the Kick at 4 Camp~T

Comment

Surprisingly, Tony shot something different from all of the suggestions so far.

He drove the 7 into the 11 and almost made the 7 in his pocket. However, he did leave a thin cut on the 4 and from there Dennis ran 4 balls and made it a fairly even game.

PS I think I would have tried kicking under the 4 given the score (Tony ahead 5-0 in the ball count at this point).
                            "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
                            -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

This is how Tony left it.
                              Attached Files
                              "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
                              -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by NH Steve View Post
                                Surprisingly, Tony shot something different from all of the suggestions so far.

He drove the 7 into the 11 and almost made the 7 in his pocket. However, he did leave a thin cut on the 4 and from there Dennis ran 4 balls and made it a fairly even game.

PS I think I would have tried kicking under the 4 given the score (Tony ahead 5-0 in the ball count at this point).
                                Yep, why let em back in the game?
                                Bill Meacham
                                WBT
                                www.worldbilliardtour.com
                                no link....

Comment

Working...
                                X