No announcement yet.

Looks like we need a WWYD...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont know how I missed this thread but been busy!

I haven't read the other responses yet, but I am pretty sure with Tony's style of play he is cutting that 7 ball and getting out. Or he misses and sells out, either way I think he is shooting!

WWID?

I would probably kick one rail at my long rail near the side pocket and take an intentional behind the ball by my opponent's hole. That or go off the 13 with RHE and try to get to the same place without taking a foul.

Comment

IMO kicking under the 4 is just a 1-inning escape, you will probably be right back in that corner. I like Doc's shot of cutting the 3 in and one rail to the back of the 10. The spotted ball neutralizes his offensive choices. Jay

Comment

Originally posted by sappo View Post
        Since this is a what would YOU do, if the 7 ball does not pass the the 11 ball i would pocket the 3 ball doubling him up on the 2 ball and 8 ball leaving the cue ball up against the top rail. The other shoot i might shoot is to kick side rail/side rail trying to get the cue ball right behind the 4 ball. with a 5 ball lead im not worried about giving up a ball with a foul. even if i don't get the cue ball up against the 4 ball and just get it down between the 4 and the pocket i think that position is worth the 1 ball. good chance ill have a better position next inning.
        I like this too.
        Live long and play strong,
        -Chicagomike

Comment

He was obviously trying to clear those balls. I would bet as he sat down his second shot was to shoot at something and he wished hard he would have shot it.

Comment

Originally posted by NH Steve View Post
            Surprisingly, Tony shot something different from all of the suggestions so far.

He drove the 7 into the 11 and almost made the 7 in his pocket. However, he did leave a thin cut on the 4 and from there Dennis ran 4 balls and made it a fairly even game.

PS I think I would have tried kicking under the 4 given the score (Tony ahead 5-0 in the ball count at this point).
            Wait, did the 7 go two rails toward his hole. I do not see how the cb could stop there. I think he was trying to shoot the 7-11 for the 11 to go 2 rails into the 4 but i cant imagine he would ever hit a ball that innaccurately.

Comment

Originally posted by El Chapo View Post
              Wait, did the 7 go two rails toward his hole. I do not see how the cb could stop there. I think he was trying to shoot the 7-11 for the 11 to go 2 rails into the 4 but i cant imagine he would ever hit a ball that innaccurately.
              The cue ball got kissed over there -- it ultimately was a bit of a flukey shot, except the 7 ball seemed to go kind of as planned, but did not quite drop!
              "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
              -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

Thanks.

Anyway, the result is just what I was saying. He sold out but never took a chance at his hole. Better to sell out shooting something at your hole. Although he did almost make something but i think it was lucky?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim McCary View Post
                  If you shoot the 10 into the 2 and 8, the 10 will go straight up the table toward the pocket. I would just make the three and leave the cb right there on the rail. Now I have a ball on the spot if he tries a combo, I will have a shot.

Jim
                  That is the shot I saw, pocketing the 3 leaving him on the rail and doubled up, you have a ball open on the spot after he shoots. At least you will be in a lot better position when you get back to the table. All the other shots sure have a lot of balls moving around.--Smitty

Comment

I was trying to figure out....how the cue ball got back to where it was after TC pulled the trigger. Someone said a kiss. But the way the balls came to rest, it appears, he cut the 7 into the r/s of the 11 ball. The 11 banked to the foot rail/head rail and to where it is now. The cue ball had to go to the other long rail and back over.
                    Bill Meacham
                    WBT
                    www.worldbilliardtour.com
                    no link....

Comment

Originally posted by Island Drive View Post
                      I was trying to figure out....how the cue ball got back to where it was after TC pulled the trigger. Someone said a kiss. But the way the balls came to rest, it appears, he cut the 7 into the r/s of the 11 ball. The 11 banked to the foot rail/head rail and to where it is now. The cue ball had to go to the other long rail and back over.
                      Yes, Tony shot the 7 into the right side of the 11, and the 7 banked close to his pocket, while the 11 and cue ball kissed down around the lower area of the table towards Tony's pocket. Without the kiss I think the cue ball was going to be even better for Dennis, so I really don't know what Tony had for a back up plan in case either the 11 or 7 did not drop for him.
                      -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

Yes, Tony shot the 7 into the right side of the 11, and the 7 banked close to his pocket, while the 11 and cue ball kissed down around the lower area of the table towards Tony's pocket. Without the kiss I think the cue ball was going to be even better for Dennis, so I really don't know what Tony had for a back up plan in case either the 11 or 7 did not drop for him.
                        Something like this:
                        Attached Files
                        -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

From this shot example, and from the final score of the match, Tony was obviously not in his best frame of mind. Someone said he seemed out of kilter.

~Doc

Comment

Something like this:
                            Judging by where the CB was going, he must have wanted to fram all the balls out of there and leave the CB on the foot rail. I can't believe he was shooting the 7/11 to make something and get the bank.

pj
                            chgo

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
                              Judging by where the CB was going, he must have wanted to fram all the balls out of there and leave the CB on the foot rail. I can't believe he was shooting the 7/11 to make something and get the bank.

pj
                              chgo
                              What it shows me by trying this shot is frustration/whatever thinking.
                              Thee opponent Realizes after hours of play, what works and doesn't. Dangling the bait, and understanding/knowing your opponents weakness and strengths and MANY other attributes, is ''real pool''/competition/business/you win or you lose. No different than any animal one upping another....Your around your opponent, able to see/feel/hear/understand HIM.. Someone either learns/grows/matches up better does it again/OR?. When your in the trenches living off the streets or under the bridge/anywhere. Your game attitude/muscle memory.... is quite different when, you always gotta eat retail, or pay for a room too often. With this thinking, you play/learn/adapt....your play style/thinking differently. When I see our guys trying to beat the pinoys. The Hunger is DIFFERENT.
                              Bill Meacham
                              WBT
                              www.worldbilliardtour.com
                              no link....

Comment

Working...
                              X