Cyclops vs vintage centenials vs Aramith

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I think the main advantage we old timers have against these fearless young straightshooters is we have played under all types of conditions for years. Tight pockets are not new and if I have to adjust my game when I play on them, fine.

If you are a straight shooting gofer and we are playing on tight equipment, I am getting a ball near my hole and leaving you a long straight in with the cue ball on or near the rail to give you a blood test. You keep firing those in and winning games I have to revert to another strategy, maybe leaving you in the stack as many times as possible.

If that does not work, I am quitting and looking for another old guy.:D

beatle

Verified Member
soon you just have all old guys as new players get discouraged quickly if the balls all rattle for them and dont go in. so they dont stick around and get better and more rooms close. and one pocket gets too boring to play and becomes so obvious that they dont have a chance of winning.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
soon you just have all old guys as new players get discouraged quickly if the balls all rattle for them and dont go in. so they dont stick around and get better and more rooms close. and one pocket gets too boring to play and becomes so obvious that they dont have a chance of winning.

There’s more and more younger guys playing 1P now than ever before because it’s easier to match up and no matter how bad you are you get at least one shot per game:lol