Tune Up for POV Tournament At CA Billiards

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Onepocket.org member Henry (We call him Walt) and I tee’d it up yesterday at Hard Times, Sacramento.

He was ahead, then I was ahead, and after six hours or so we called it quits after I won the last two games to get even.

The last game was a good one for me. He had a ball in his hole with most of the balls open on his side and had me hidden behind a wall of balls. I made three nice shots, two of them banks, to get out and win the game.

We have been playing for years and it is always a tough game for each of us, but this was a great tuneup for the tournament next weekend.

I have not been to CA Billiards in a few months and hope to get in a little golf action and some commentating with POV during the tournament.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Walt has been playing very well. Finished high in Bellflower a couple of weeks ago. He beat a lot of top players.
I don't think I'm quite ready to travel to Fremont next weekend but getting there. But I might change my mind.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Walt has been playing very well. Finished high in Bellflower a couple of weeks ago. He beat a lot of top players.
I don't think I'm quite ready to travel to Fremont next weekend but getting there. But I might change my mind.

I figured he was playing well or he would not have played. I have been giving him a ball for years and did again yesterday, but was lucky to get away even.

Hope you feel well enough to make it to Fremont.

Henry

Verified Member
Onepocket.org member Henry (We call him Walt) and I tee’d it up yesterday at Hard Times, Sacramento.

He was ahead, then I was ahead, and after six hours or so we called it quits after I won the last two games to get even.

The last game was a good one for me. He had a ball in his hole with most of the balls open on his side and had me hidden behind a wall of balls. I made three nice shots, two of them banks, to get out and win the game.

We have been playing for years and it is always a tough game for each of us, but this was a great tuneup for the tournament next weekend.

I have not been to CA Billiards in a few months and hope to get in a little golf action and some commentating with POV during the tournament.

Had a great time got to play all day and John just is hard to beat, I am convinced if I lived closer and could play more often I would win, I always think I can win or I don't play. John is a funny player consistency is not in his resume he might miss anything and might make anything but when he is on his game he will give anyone a tussle. I think it is his inconsistency that makes him hard to beat you are confused as he makes balls he should miss and misses balls he should make

povpool

Verified Member
From
Studio City, CA
Links for the stream!

Links for the stream!

Wow - thanks for the push John. Here are the stream links for each day on YouTube. If you can get to the venue, I would recommend it since we are giving away almost $3,000 worth of merchandise from our sponsors!

POV Pool, celebrating 7 years of live streamed pool and billiards coverage with a 3 day tournament at California Billiards in Fremont, CA.

Join us for live coverage, Friday thru Sunday!

FRIDAY @ 7pm / PST: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMxFV4SOmDw

SATURDAY @ 11am / PST: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8usIyiydwsg

SUNDAY @ 11am / PST: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yejRya1mH2U

Attachments

• POV7-final-150-WEB.jpg
    POV7-final-150-WEB.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 0

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Had a great time got to play all day and John just is hard to beat, I am convinced if I lived closer and could play more often I would win, I always think I can win or I don't play. John is a funny player consistency is not in his resume he might miss anything and might make anything but when he is on his game he will give anyone a tussle. I think it is his inconsistency that makes him hard to beat you are confused as he makes balls he should miss and misses balls he should make

I guess that is a back handed compliment.:D your game is better since you have been going to LA once and a while to play Frank The Barber. I prefer the old Henry who was in hurry to get the game over.

Henry

Verified Member
I guess that is a back handed compliment.:D your game is better since you have been going to LA once and a while to play Frank The Barber. I prefer the old Henry who was in hurry to get the game over.

I went to the tournament and had a great time, I was still in it when I left but it was getting late and I still haven't learned to manage my Diabetes it seems when I get to to a certain point and get tired I become helpless. The only way I have found to not become helpless is to not play. I played a few people for money and I had a good match against Fach. For you that are unfamiliar with Fach he is a student of Frank the Barber and he is the smoothest player I have ever seen. I played as good I can play and lost 3 to 2. So much fun. Fach can flat play. Silent assassin. I played John Henderson a few games for $20 a game warming up and he made another unbelievable out. I tell you what I am going to keep putting him in that situation and if he can keep doing it he can get my cash.

Last edited: