Southaven Tournament

mhilton777

Verified Member
From
Rosemount, MN
Dates for the 2019 Southaven Rec Center Spring onepocket.org members only tournament will be the last weekend in March. If you read Rowsey and Todds post that will give you a idea of the days needed for the numbers of entries. John and Jeannie Long are on board to help out again and we'll have to see if we can get Miller ungrounded too... Dont know if there will be tshirts yet but would be good to get Matt and Lizz on board regardless. We just started getting this going so we will figure out all the details in the next few weeks.
I'll have to warn everybody in advance. Buckets of beer and time are cheap, Bill is an excellent host so be prepared to have fun and laugh...a lot!

Lizz and I may be able to make it for the spring but for sure we can be there in the fall. Regardless, I can get shirts done. Bill will need to make sure he brings out the big bucket for me though!!!

jlcomp45

Verified Member
From
Cape Girardeau MO
And I plan on going to both the annual tourney and the Southaven tourney as well. Relax Bill!!! We are all just trying to waste vacation time and have fun together!

Amen brother! 1st bucket (regular size) of champagne beer is on me. Can't hang with you & the Col if we go to the that big bastich!

youngstown

Verified Member
Southaven Tournament

Looks like the plan to subvert the annual members tournament is working.

I’m definitely going to the Members in Philly, so don’t worry, if no one else shows you got action, lol. Not sure yet about anything else next year but I’m going to Philly 2x...the SBE is March 27-31.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I deleted my earlier post. I can get caught up in some of these comments I disagree with. I think everybodys goal here is just playing pool and having fun.

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Wrong ! !

Wrong ! !

Looks like the plan to subvert the annual members tournament is working.

Bill, This tournament is in no way trying to take away from the annual tourney.
If you were to attend, you would see all the fun, the unique partner pill bottle game and the good humored gracious hosting by Bill Rowsey.

To most of us in the midwest, the destination is drivable and accommodations are close and very reasonable. Lots of action and try to stay away from ChicagoFats, unless you have a lot of staying power.

Very much look forward to our 4th Annual 1Pkt.org members tournament.

BY THE WAY, where is the location for the tournament ?? Philadelphia ?
Do we have any rooms that have said they would host ?

If any doubt, I would gladly go back to site of first tourney, Lacy's in Chalmette(NOLA), Frank was a very gracious host, impeccable equipment and not a nicer room to be found IMHO.:);:)

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Dates for the 2019 Southaven Rec Center Spring onepocket.org members only tournament will be the last weekend in March. If you read Rowsey and Todds post that will give you a idea of the days needed for the numbers of entries. John and Jeannie Long are on board to help out again and we'll have to see if we can get Miller ungrounded too... Dont know if there will be tshirts yet but would be good to get Matt and Lizz on board regardless. We just started getting this going so we will figure out all the details in the next few weeks.
I'll have to warn everybody in advance. Buckets of beer and time are cheap, Bill is an excellent host so be prepared to have fun and laugh...a lot!

sounds good.
;)

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
sounds good.
;)

Nice! We got the whole tournament team back together now!
Thanks to everybody supporting this tournament and thanks to Bill for being such a great host as well as being so generous with the added money. Really looking forward to it.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I’m in and I’ll send my money when the collector asks. I’m sorry I had to fly last time. I missed all kinks of fun:D

P00lh0li0

Verified Member
You know some schools are on spring break at the end of March. Those with kids might want to think about that.

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
Can we please call it the soiree in southhaven ... instead of the melee in memphis... cant wait to see soldier boy, cannon ball john frey, young Blake, and the two guys that tried to rob john Barton but Barton pulled off the greatest heist at 5am

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Last weekend in March. As in Bill and Todd's proposal, Thurs, Friday, Saturday, Sunday... amount of days needed depending on entries. Miller working on the flyer, details etc now. Should have entry/payment/tournament information up in the next few days.