Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring Melee in Memphis regional members tournament signup thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Scrzbill View Post
    For me, there’s nothing worse than people complaining about how a tournament is run that they have no intention to attend. Or complaining about a tournament that they don’t go to but lasted too long for them. At home. This isn’t an Ann Landers forum. You have so much more to offer.
    You're right, so let me offer this.

    It's abundantly obvious that you are myered down in some self serving dogma that only certain people can comment on certain subjects, and no one can comment on other subjects. Perhaps you should publish some sort of manifesto for us to follow, we could call it Jakasseri commandments to live by.

    I don't "complain" about anything. I do discuss topics regarding one pocket on this forum, and attempt to provide support for any opinion I may have. You could do the same if you had any logic or rationale for your close mindedness and tunnel vision, ( i.e. your total lack of concern for others that don't want to have to play all night in order to participate in a M.O.T., and your refusal to consider ideas that might solve that problem). Ideas such as those employed in this very tournament, which obviously were not run by you.

    The question I asked Miller here was simply in passing and had no intention other than to maybe be helpful. Your attacking me, while not untypical of you, is not in keeping with your own stupid requirements of being involved in order to comment (or complain as you say) cause you weren't.

    I do wish you had more to offer.
    Last edited by darmoose; 01-04-2019, 10:59 PM. Reason: error
    The early bird may get the worm...but the second mouse gets the cheese...Shutin@urholeisOVERATED.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by jtompilot View Post
      I’m just happy to have a 1P tournament to play in
      Lucky you!
      The early bird may get the worm...but the second mouse gets the cheese...Shutin@urholeisOVERATED.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Miller View Post
        Appreciate everyone getting their entries in. I’ve got calls into Dan and Matt – both guys still have a few days to confirm. Crabbman and myself are going to cover Kentucky’s entry for doing the stream.

        As intended, we’ve also made a 10% -or- $240 donation to onepocket.org from the entry pool.

        Updated entry list as follows:
        http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showp...87&postcount=2

        Regarding alternates, we will most likely have drop(s), so if you’re interested in playing, please let us know asap and we’ll get you on the list and go down it in order as spot(s) open up.

        Thank you for the donation -- very thoughtful of you guys! Big thank you for organizing and running this tournament along with our hosts at Southaven!!

        Like I said when I spoke to you on the phone today -- the creation and expansion of our onepocket.org members tournaments is a terrific blessing to our membership over the last three years, and all the people and poolrooms that make these happen -- I tip my hat to you all!!!
        "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
        -- Strawberry Brooks

        Comment


        • #49
          It's all good fellas We have a plan and discuss things as needed behind the scenes so everything is well in hand. BTW, if you drop out you forfeit your 10% onepocket.org donation.
          If you want to have a great time you should really get on the wait list.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by NH Steve View Post
            Thank you for the donation -- very thoughtful of you guys! Big thank you for organizing and running this tournament along with our hosts at Southaven!!

            Like I said when I spoke to you on the phone today -- the creation and expansion of our onepocket.org members tournaments is a terrific blessing to our membership over the last three years, and all the people and poolrooms that make these happen -- I tip my hat to you all!!!
            Your welcome Steve. Thanks for your support. See you at DCC in a few weeks!

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by darmoose View Post
              You're right, so let me offer this.

              It's abundantly obvious that you are myered down in some self serving dogma that only certain people can comment on certain subjects, and no one can comment on other subjects. Perhaps you should publish some sort of manifesto for us to follow, we could call it Jakasseri commandments to live by.

              I don't "complain" about anything. I do discuss topics regarding one pocket on this forum, and attempt to provide support for any opinion I may have. You could do the same if you had any logic or rationale for your close mindedness and tunnel vision, ( i.e. your total lack of concern for others that don't want to have to play all night in order to participate in a M.O.T., and your refusal to consider ideas that might solve that problem). Ideas such as those employed in this very tournament, which obviously were not run by you.

              The question I asked Miller here was simply in passing and had no intention other than to maybe be helpful. Your attacking me, while not untypical of you, is not in keeping with your own stupid requirements of being involved in order to comment (or complain as you say) cause you weren't.

              I do wish you had more to offer.

              Nope, I don’t have any more to offer except to repeat what I have said for a few years. I don’t understand the necessity for people to complain about tournaments they don’t want to attend. I don’t understand the necessity to complain about how late a tournament is played when a person could tape it and watch it anytime. I don’t know of anyone who complained that went to any of the MOT’s, the Seniors, the Super Seniors, the Melee in
              Memphis, or .......... I also don’t understand the need for people to have an objection to the way a sign up is being run when they have no intention of going. I do know of some people who objected to a tournament of OPG’s and they started their own tournament. So you can try to insult me and make up things in your head to justify your butt hurt, should I care? ? Will I care? ?
              You live in a universe of your own making. When it comes to one pocket, there’s only one way I understand it, last man standing wins. I have been on my best behavior for several month and will continue to do so. Yes, this is my best behavior.
              Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!

              Comment


              • #52
                Spring Melee in Memphis regional members tournament signup thread

                Originally posted by Scrzbill View Post
                I don’t understand the necessity for people to complain about tournaments they don’t want to attend.

                Bill, I’m not defending darmoose by any means, but I have complained about the length of tourneys before and will continue to do so because...are you listening...it’s hard to recover from being up that late. I’m not retired like you, i work for a living. I have a family that doesn’t appreciate me sleeping during the day, and a responsibility to drive kids to practices, etc. Can you please think about someone other than yourself? I’m only 39, and I can imagine how much more if affects the elder folks. I played in an 8b tourney on New Years Day that finished at 7am. I handed my last match to my opponent on a silver platter around 4am, then had to call off sick from work the next day. Have you ever worked? How can you not have any empathy? Are you that dense? Are you just pretending to be a tough guy about this? Playing that late doesn’t affect you at all? And you have zero ability to imagine that it affects others? Or you just don’t care about anyone other that yourself? Really?

                Comment


                • #53
                  Spring Melee in Memphis regional members tournament signup thread

                  darmoose and I missed the last members tourney, yes. But I would like to attend the next one. He might as well. Get over the fact that we weren’t at the last one. We’d like to see things improved so we don’t have to deal with an all nighter! Hello! Does it take a medium intellect to figure that out? Come on!

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    yeah....but can you do this....
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar7sKNb4UUE

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Late Finishes !

                      First off, I would like to congratulate SCRZBILL for being on his best behavior, you would think I would have noticed sooner LOL Just kidding, Bill.

                      Now, my thoughts on finishing early. I try to always arrive a day and a half before tourney starts. I have noticed that nearly everyone arrives when I do, or the day before tournament starts.

                      Our MO has been to have Calcutta middle of day or late in evening day of start.

                      My suggestion is, since everyone(90%)nearly always arrives early, start tourney 1/2 day or full day early. Play at least one round after Calcutta. Players that are not present and that are paid entry(delayed flights, accidents, etc), have their matches slated in first round next day. Play 3 rounds that day, 2 or 3 rounds Saturday. Get down to final 4 players last day, and play all players first round( 2 winners and 2 losers ). Next, 2nd round, play the t match in loser bracket. Then 3rd round play would be finals. SHOULD be able to finish tourney 8 or 10 o'clock.


                      A lot better than 3:15 in Chicago or 5:30 in California.
                      Last edited by rnewkirk; 01-05-2019, 04:15 PM. Reason: Missing info

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        I think that when a man is past his prime accepts rules that favor the young, does care. He cares about the game. He is dead money but he still participates. He takes medication for aches and pain but is still willing to join the group for the group sake and his own joy. No matter what the rules are it is still detrimental to him. But he does what he has to do.
                        Now in my 70's I find it hard to stand for 3 hours because of disc and joint deterioration, I dont sleep well at nite and need naps. It would really be beneficial to me to have a 15 minute break after every hour. If played around the late afternoon I would also like to take a nap for 30 minutes. But Im not polling for that. I'd also like to take a breather if my back starts cramping up. I play by the rules or I elect not to play. But dont say because I dont understand why you cant do the same, that I dont care.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Tap tap tap

                          B
                          Execution of the shot, some days I have it some days I don't...

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            entry list updated. (spot available)

                            http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showp...87&postcount=2

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by keoneyo View Post
                              I think that when a man is past his prime accepts rules that favor the young, does care. He cares about the game. He is dead money but he still participates. He takes medication for aches and pain but is still willing to join the group for the group sake and his own joy. No matter what the rules are it is still detrimental to him. But he does what he has to do.
                              Now in my 70's I find it hard to stand for 3 hours because of disc and joint deterioration, I dont sleep well at nite and need naps. It would really be beneficial to me to have a 15 minute break after every hour. If played around the late afternoon I would also like to take a nap for 30 minutes. But Im not polling for that. I'd also like to take a breather if my back starts cramping up. I play by the rules or I elect not to play. But dont say because I dont understand why you cant do the same, that I dont care.
                              So, let me be very clear in saying that I am defending Mark and every word he uttered about our MOT's ending in the wee hours of Monday morning. How can anyone not recognize that this is a problem, unless you just don't care about the hardships imposed on others that could be avoided. Are you attempting to design the tournament for only retired members who have more freedom, and force those that don't out?

                              How can anyone equate having to deal with their various health maladies stemming from aging (which no one can do anything about) and which we all have, to arbitrary decisions made which create serious enough problems that cause people to have second thoughts about participating in a MOT.

                              That is asinine, and you are not special. If you do care, you can show it by helping to support changes that would make everyone's experience more enjoyable, even yours.
                              The early bird may get the worm...but the second mouse gets the cheese...Shutin@urholeisOVERATED.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                This is not the thread to argue about late finishes or rules gents. Please be considerate and take those discussions to the annual members or senior tournament threads where they belong.
                                This tournament has been designed so there will be no marathon days or late night finishes. The scheduling and rules are set and will not be changed. Thanks. John

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X