No announcement yet.

Yet another reality check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reality check: Ghost, you obviously fared well back in those days, but today's players are a notch or two above your generation.

https://www.facebook.com/Alloutpool/...8795599458683/
    Last edited by OneRock; 02-02-2019, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OneRock View Post
      Reality check: Ghost, you obviously fared well back on those days, but today's players are a notch or two above your generation.

peter
      one could post videos of tony making his increduble shots without showing the ones he misses
      in round one they went in for tony and tony won 50k
      in round 2 they didnt and he lost 50 k
      so what does that say about shooters??

Comment

Reality check: Ghost, you obviously fared well back on those days, but today's players are a notch or two above your generation.

Efren Reyes was in his generation. Was he a shooter or mover?

Comment

Both!!! And creative beyond belief.

Originally posted by one pocket guy View Post
          efren reyes was in his generation. Was he a shooter or mover?

Comment

Tony dogged many easy shots in match #2 because he wasn't comfortable playing on that table. Aranas didn't miss a shot, and his shot making ability is above Tony's.

Originally posted by lll View Post
            peter
            one could post videos of tony making his increduble shots without showing the ones he misses
            in round one they went in for tony and tony won 50k
            in round 2 they didnt and he lost 50 k
            so what does that say about shooters??

Comment

Both!!! And creative beyond belief.
              We’ve had that discussion many times in my poolrooms.
              Anyone Know the the “Chicken or the Egg” answer?
              I’ve always argued Mover cause if he didn’t run out, he’d trap em again.
              What do y’all think?

Comment

Larry, it says that both players made a payday and the backers threw the party. Ho hum.

One Rock and One Pocket Guy: I have an old DVD with two quick Efren Reyes matches on it. Jose Parica finished his match still owing a ball or two, overall. Bustamante went just about the same route, except that he finally got a shot in the last game and made a couple of balls. Bata and Jojo forever!!
                If it ain't funny, it ain't much.

Comment

I would say in this day in age it is a lot easier to get a basic moving game with all the information out there. So essentially I blame this site for giving all these shooters a chance to learn how move just enough that their shooting triumphs

Comment

Originally posted by catkins View Post
                    I would say in this day in age it is a lot easier to get a basic moving game with all the information out there. So essentially I blame this site for giving all these shooters a chance to learn how move just enough that their shooting triumphs
                    We laugh, but there is probably some truth to this
                    "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
                    -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by NH Steve View Post
                      We laugh, but there is probably some truth to this
                      Some...........hummmmmmmmmmmmm. How big is the suM?
                      Bill Meacham
                      WBT
                      www.worldbilliardtour.com
                      no link....

Comment

I am aware that this is a one pocket forum and not a str8 pool discussion, however, the situation # 1 that one rock posts ref his match with James Aranas would often come up after the opening safety in a str8 pool match. The good str8 pool player from that previous generation may hit his opponent with a 70 ball run from that opening break, whereas a gr8 str8 pool player such as Mr. Sigel may run 150 and out. If you have a chance pickup Billiards Digest July 2000 page 14 and you will see that Sigel would practice this type of shot and had the confidence to play it. The one pocket players from 70's ,80's may pass up this same shot in a one pocket game. BTW Onerock I like your one pocket game; hang in there.

Comment

Thanks. It's interesting that you mention Straight Pool because I consider One-Pocket to be a variation of Straight Pool. I think the inventor must have had in mind to create a relatively faster game that's more suitable for gambling.

Originally posted by stedyfred View Post
                          I am aware that this is a one pocket forum and not a str8 pool discussion, however, the situation # 1 that one rock posts ref his match with James Aranas would often come up after the opening safety in a str8 pool match. The good str8 pool player from that previous generation may hit his opponent with a 70 ball run from that opening break, whereas a gr8 str8 pool player such as Mr. Sigel may run 150 and out. If you have a chance pickup Billiards Digest July 2000 page 14 and you will see that Sigel would practice this type of shot and had the confidence to play it. The one pocket players from 70's ,80's may pass up this same shot in a one pocket game. BTW Onerock I like your one pocket game; hang in there.

Comment

Ghost only shoots once he runs out of moves and that’s not often...I know first hand. Many times I have been the victim of his moving. Go get ‘em Ghosty!
                            Live long and play strong,
                            -Chicagomike

Comment

Larry, John L., Steve, Bill, LSJohn, Old School, & Mike - thanks for sayin'.

Originally posted by chicagomike View Post
                              Ghost only shoots once he runs out of moves and that’s not often...I know first hand. Many times I have been the victim of his moving. Go get ‘em Ghosty!
                              And many times I have been the victim of Mike's crazy-good shooting and banking!

- Ghost

PS, Sorry I missed robbing, oops, I meant to say seeing all of youse onepocket.org guys down at the DCC this year.
                              jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
                                Larry, John L., Steve, Bill, LSJohn, Old School, & Mike - thanks for sayin'.

And many times I have been the victim of Mike's crazy-good shooting and banking!

- Ghost

PS, Sorry I missed robbing, oops, I meant to say seeing all of youse onepocket.org guys down at the DCC this year.
                                We got a open slot in Memphis. You'll get plenty of action down there. I would love a chance to play you and get a lesson.

Comment

Working...
                                X