Yet another reality check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by catkins View Post
    I would say in this day in age it is a lot easier to get a basic moving game with all the information out there. So essentially I blame this site for giving all these shooters a chance to learn how move just enough that their shooting triumphs
    All you have to do, is sit down and watch some of the playoff matches, from tournaments on You Tube for a week, and you will see about every shot and move, you will ever encounter.
    If you have a knowledgeable player there with you, he could fill you in on the nuances of the shot, and parameters, and the two together could save you several years of playing time, to get up to speed.
    You still have to shoot the shots yourself, to get the feel , but there are only a relatively small amount of shots that make up the game.
    I'm thinking a couple thousand legitimate shots, tops.
    I'm sure you already know this , you seem very capable,just thinking out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Jackets View Post
      All you have to do, is sit down and watch some of the playoff matches, from tournaments on You Tube for a week, and you will see about every shot and move, you will ever encounter.
      If you have a knowledgeable player there with you, he could fill you in on the nuances of the shot, and parameters, and the two together could save you several years of playing time, to get up to speed.
      You still have to shoot the shots yourself, to get the feel , but there are only a relatively small amount of shots that make up the game.
      I'd say you just described the path several of these young Russian guys must have taken. 15 years ago Stalev might have been the only 1P player in the whole country.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Jackets View Post
        If life was that simple, it would be boring
        Bill Meacham
        WBT
        www.worldbilliardtour.com
        no link....

Comment

Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
          ^ Wrong. The only thing you "proved", is that you don't know what you're talking about...

Here, let me give you some free advice: It's not very smart to make definitive statements when you're not in possession of the facts...

The fact is, I've done well and finished in the money in many pro tournaments...and in these tournaments, beating, or going hill-hill with: Cliff, Grady, Jeremy Jones, Shannon Daulton, Parica, Richie Richeson, Gabe Owen, David Matlock, John Schmidt, Billy Palmer, Rafael Martinez, etc, etc....

And I accomplished that with top speed moving, not shooting

Here's documentation of just some of that >>>
          "Moving" or game strategy is the core of any game or sport that is played on planet Earth. To say that "moving" is overated is like saying to a Chef that using "spices" in recepies is overated. Not trying to be critical. but COMEON NOW

Dr. Bill

Comment

Originally posted by wincardona View Post
            "Moving" or game strategy is the core of any game or sport that is played on planet Earth. To say that "moving" is overated is like saying to a Chef that using "spices" in recepies is overated. Not trying to be critical. but COMEON NOW

Dr. Bill
            Ask Bill Belichick if "moving" is overrated, better yet, ask his opponents.

Dr. Bill

Comment

Originally posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
              We got a open slot in Memphis. You'll get plenty of action down there. I would love a chance to play you and get a lesson.
              Thanks for the invite John...but my health issues, and other concerns, make it hard for me to commit months ahead of time to travel anywhere.

- Ghost
              jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

Working...
              X