This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 12squared View Post
    To get that great rate on the hotel near the room I had to pay in full w/no refund. I'm going no matter what but wanted to let you know since the subject was brought up.

See you there
    Dave
    Apparently you need to castigate your staff too!

This reminds me of a guy I used to play poker with. He was an older guy who had been a hustler all his life.... not a gambling hustler, I mean he'd go from selling burial plots to accident insurance to multi-level marketing to... you get the picture. He did pretty wwll with his scuffling, well enough to have a nice apartment and always drive a late-model Caddy, but he was always short of cash. Still, he put on airs as though money was never a problem for him.

Anyway, finally to the point of the story: One time in a poker game he and another player got a little over-heated and the guy told Herb to kiss his ass. Herb blinked, got a look on his face that looked almost like fear, and said, "I have staff to take care of those matters."

Comment

Originally posted by LSJohn View Post
      Really? Sounds like something you made up. A June reservation made in February not refundable? You need to castigate your staff.

There is no carved-in-stone MOT format.

Steve has already said that the previous format is only the default by default. It's not official.
      You always have some bullshit to say about me, POS. You are such a two faced prick, always being nice to my face but have the knives brought out when ever I post. There is an expected format when you sign up for a tournament or vote to go for a tournament and then because a couple of people want a RR it becomes a point of contention. No I do not want to play a RR and I have made that clear, I want a regular MOT that has been played for the past three years. It’s the official format after we have voted to have the tournament.
      Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!

Comment

Originally posted by darmoose View Post
        Mitch, this next sentence is somewhat confusing. We are allowed 16 tables for both Friday and Saturday if we play DE, however, with RR we only can have 12 tables on Saturday?

Of course we have to live within the owner's parameters. Just wish some others could be a little less dictatorial, and be more open to allowing the group to try something new, that we all might just like, especially when their motives have nothing to do with making for a better tournament experience for the majority, but rather serve only their admitted self interest.

For "those that need to know" I will be present regardless of the format.

P.S. Mitch, how about putting me on your dance card for some this year?
        I am really tired of your slants and innuendos. You want to try something new, START YOUR OWN TOURNAMENT. Who’s self interest are you promoting if not yours? Who constantly brings up RR? You. Who says that having a new experience is better, you. No, I will not go if you have a RR, that is my personal choice and screw you for your slants and provocations because I want to have a typical MOT. You want to pay for the cost of my ticket, $1200, non refundable? My AirBnB, deposit non refundable, $300? My meals, $30 each? Then STFU about my self interest. Where were you at the CB tournament? Oh you were too cheap to fly across country? You were one of the ones to complain the longest and the loudest that the ending was too late for your liking. Guess who cares? Not me because I had a great time even though I got tortured. I am glad to know you are going to be there, don’t be palsy wows with me after all your public assassinations, stay the FK away from me.
        Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!

Comment

As I have stated before my computer problem (electrical surge fried the mainframe) continues because I thought the prices would go down after Christmas. Something like a $2,000 dollar computer marked down to $1,000. It's now two months later and the prices remain the same. Or maybe I'm just too cheap to buy a new one.

Anyway, if anyone is keeping count on who is coming, I plan on attending the 4th Annual Members Only One Pocket Tournament. I did not vote but if I did, I would have picked Philadelphia even though the Eagles beat the Bears.
          Last edited by J.R.; 03-01-2019, 08:15 AM.

Comment

2019 MOT location ballot

Originally posted by J.R. View Post
            As I have stated before my computer problem (electrical surge fried the mainframe) continues because I thought the prices would go down after Christmas. Something like a $2,000 dollar computer marked down to $1,000. It's now two months later and the prices remain the same. Or maybe I'm just too cheap to buy a new one.

Anyway, if anyone is keeping count on who is coming, I plan on attending the 4th Annual Members Only One Pocket Tournament. I did not vote but if I did, I would have picked Philadelphia even though the Eagles beat the Bears.

Fantastic!!!! Look forward to seeing you again John! Here’s a reminder of our last battle for your records... 😂. This time I will be patient lol.

Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

Originally posted by darmoose View Post
              Mitch, this next sentence is somewhat confusing. We are allowed 16 tables for both Friday and Saturday if we play DE, however, with RR we only can have 12 tables on Saturday?

Of course we have to live within the owner's parameters. Just wish some others could be a little less dictatorial, and be more open to allowing the group to try something new, that we all might just like, especially when their motives have nothing to do with making for a better tournament experience for the majority, but rather serve only their admitted self interest.

For "those that need to know" I will be present regardless of the format.

P.S. Mitch, how about putting me on your dance card for some this year?
              I don't know who you were hinting at that was too dictatorial for you, but I do know I don't like too much conflict and controversy. So even though I don't think I was not being dictatorial at all, I have decided that at this point, I do not want to see the format of the MOT change for Philly in 2019. Keep it the same double elimination format that the room owner was anticipating and that our members have been expecting.

That doesn't mean we are locked in permanently, but I am not liking this kind of turmoil just at the time we should be in the home stretch of each of us deciding whether we can go or not, and each of us signing up and making our travel arrangements and getting excited about the MOT in Philly.

So I am now in fact dictatorially ruling that the MOT format for 2019 will stay the same, with hard deadlines for bracket progress Friday night and Saturday night, so we are down to final 4 on Sunday. If we have to shorten the one-loss side races to 2 on Saturday -- or any other drastic measures -- then those will be part of our "plan B" only if necessary.

I am going to close this thread, but start a new one so we can carry on with conversations about alternatives to the double elimination format, which maybe there will be interest in trying in a future tournament -- either our MOT or some other event. We already know we have other rooms interested in hosting us in different locations, and we already have a second MOT that seems to have found footing in Memphis, so another regional event might be a very good place to try a new format.
              "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
              -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

Working...
              X