X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cincy_kid View Post
    Here was my initial post on Michaels:

I finally had a chance to speak to Michael yesterday on my drive home from work and as Steve pointed out in another thread he is interested in being considered for hosting our tourney next year!

I am sure I will leave some stuff out but here are the things I know:

https://www.michaelsbilliards.com/

- Open 24 hours on Friday and Saturday (there is always action to be had at all levels)

- They only have (11) 9' Diamond tables which he said 10 are good to use for the tourney. However, he said in most of the tourneys, the magic number for 32 players is 8 tables. I told him we usually use more and sometimes matches can run longer so the more we can get the better. Is 10 enough for our tourney?

- $15 green fees would cover us for the entire tourney.

- It's non-smoking (everywhere in Ohio)

- Calcutta is ok!

- They have finger foods, hot sandwiches, drinks at the counter but there are also lots of places close by to eat at as well.

- about 40-45 minutes from CVG Airport

- There are several hotels within a few miles of the pool room and I think most average about $80-$100 a night. I will see if there is any chance on getting a special rate at one of them.

- Goldy has his cameras set up in there so I am sure we would have the stream part covered, not sure whats all involved in getting a booth set up and going for commentary.

- Locals will do a lot of bank ring games and by the rail games for those interested in bumps as well.

- They also have a 3 cushion table (not heated), a 10 footer and a bunch of bar tables. They have 2 or 3 of the 9 footer tables with tighter pockets that he only allows one pocket to be played on so we could use these for finals, etc.

I think that's all I have for now, but as long as we can make due with 10 tables, we can add Michael's to the poll for voting!

---------

Since then I think he said he has 12 tables now that would be usable for the event.
    Clarification- Michael’s would like to be considered for next year, not this year?

Comment

Originally posted by jtompilot View Post
      Clarification- Michael’s would like to be considered for next year, not this year?
      This year for sure that is why they are on the ballot.

Cincy was quoting a post he made LAST YEAR about considering Michaels. Since this post, Michaels has sold off the 10' Diamond table, and has added pool tables so now they have 13, plus two three-cushion tables.
      "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
      -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by NH Steve View Post

Cincy was quoting a post he made LAST YEAR about considering Michaels. Since this post, Michaels has sold off the 10' Diamond table, and has added pool tables so now they have 13, plus two three-cushion tables.
        Got it thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by NH Steve View Post

That's cool. I didnt know they had added tables. That number of tables would make it considerably easier for the yearly MOT. And although I prefer Gold crowns. I know quite a few prefer the Diamonds. As that is a well known bank/ gambling room, i bet they are all set up nice too.

Comment

I’m not voting because I don’t know if I will be able to travel by then. If I were to vote, I would vote for Cincinnati because of their chili. Plus they have an excellent German town with authentic German beer and food. Just sayin. But then again, I’ve never been to philly and to see a lot of my countries history would be exciting. How much does it cost to ring the bell?
            Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!

Comment

Originally posted by Scrzbill View Post
              I’m not voting because I don’t know if I will be able to travel by then. If I were to vote, I would vote for Cincinnati because of their chili. Plus they have an excellent German town with authentic German beer and food. Just sayin. But then again, I’ve never been to philly and to see a lot of my countries history would be exciting. How much does it cost to ring the bell?
              I'm guessing it costs about 10 years to ring the bell and I'm also guessing you dont want to pay that. Well you could STIFF them for a few yrs...lol

Comment

We are expecting 32 players for this -- so obviously not everyone has voted who are thinking they might be able to attend.

I am guessing many people would come to either location and maybe since they don't really have a preference, maybe they did not vote at all. I guess that's ok lol. But next time I will try to remember to include "Either" or "All of the above" as an option, so we hear from you too.

I plan to close this poll soon... in the next few days I mean.
                "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
                -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

Personally I would come if it were at Michael's because its a 6 hour drive, so I voted that way. I dont fly and prefer not to drive as far as Philly is from me.

Comment

Originally posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
                    Personally I would come if it were at Michael's because its a 6 hour drive, so I voted that way. I dont fly and prefer not to drive as far as Philly is from me.
                    See you next year at Michael’s

Comment

See you next year at Michael’s
                      Yep, never been so I'd like to visit one day anyway. I'm happy it looks like its in Mitch's neighborhood. I'm sure he will be a great host.

Comment

I voted for Cincy for the same reason. Blue Grass looks awesome, and I may decide to drive that far (10-11 hours)

Comment

2019 MOT location ballot

Yep, never been so I'd like to visit one day anyway. I'm happy it looks like its in Mitch's neighborhood. I'm sure he will be a great host.

Thanks John. I would try my best!! I’m here now. There are two guys playing one ball races to 21 for 10,000. One guy is down 18,000 and running it back! Last two sets came down to the last game!
                          Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

Hey Mitch, did Drexeline close or move?

Comment

2019 MOT location ballot

Hey Mitch, did Drexeline close or move?

No and no
                              Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

Howdy All;

Voted for Philly.
                                1. I'm originally from there.
                                2. Cinncy is to close to Mid-West to qualify IMO
                                for an East Coast venue and they put cheese (),
                                Cheese for Christ's sake in the frickin' chili

hank
                                Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...

Comment

Working...
                                X