2019 MOT location ballot

2019 MOT location ballot

• Bluegrass Billiards, in Philly

Votes: 22 64.7%
  • Michael's Billiards in Cincinati (Fairfield, OH)

Votes: 12 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
Dustin bring a big suitcase to put all the winnings in.Looking to win 4 to 5 hundred thousand dollars. so we would have to hire a bodyguard and a chauffeur. :lol

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
2019 MOT location ballot

I booked rooms at Sheraton Hotel - about a block away from Blue Grass Billiards - 6 nights for $530. Priceline.com

Just FYI this is the closest hotel. It’s called the Four Points Sheraton. 9461 Roosevelt Blvd Phila Pa 19114

Looks like good deals on Priceline.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Just FYI this is the closest hotel. It’s called the Four Points Sheraton. 9461 Roosevelt Blvd Phila Pa 19114

Looks like good deals on Priceline.

Great location, thanks for your efforts Mitch. I have less than 4 months to get my game back in shape!

Jim McCary

Verified Member
I was making plans to be there and today I got my invitation to my 50 year class reunion and guess what week-end it is. We have had a reunion every 5 years and I have not missed one. Hope to make the next tournament.

Jim Mc

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
2019 MOT location ballot

I was making plans to be there and today I got my invitation to my 50 year class reunion and guess what week-end it is. We have had a reunion every 5 years and I have not missed one. Hope to make the next tournament.

Jim Mc

Bummer. Yes Jim. Next one! Have fun at the reunion!

youngstown

Verified Member
2019 MOT location ballot

I’m in. I’ll be staying with family but not sure when I’ll get in. I doubt if it’ll be more than a day or two early...

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
Did you call them directly? How did you get that rate, the best I found online was $130ish
Hi Dave, call priceline .com 800-631-3170 tell them FourPoints By Sheraton Philadelphia Norteast Hotel.$72.00 a day plus $21.80 taxes. address9461 RooseveltBlvd Phil. PA. Non-refund rate.3days costing $280.20 TakeCare EddieFriedman

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Just booked my room, thanks everyone who provided guidence on the $72 rate.

I better start practicing (2 weeks before the trip :) )

Just added booking my flight. Coming into PHL at around 6:40PM Thursday night 6/6. Not sure if I would need a car or not...I know it's early but anyone else coming in around that time that could share a ride (or our host Mitch pick us all up LOL)?

I guess I'm commited :)

Last edited:

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Just booked my room, thanks everyone who provided guidence on the $72 rate.

I better start practicing (2 weeks before the trip :) )

Just added booking my flight. Coming into PHL at around 6:40PM Thursday night 6/6. Not sure if I would need a car or not...I know it's early but anyone else coming in around that time that could share a ride (or our host Mitch pick us all up LOL)?

I guess I'm commited :)

Bring that smooth 3C stroke with you, yes I’m jealous:D

jlcomp45

Verified Member
From
Cape Girardeau MO
Woohoo!!!

Woohoo!!!

Ok gentlemen, it’s official. I have the best wife ever. Booking room as I type (thanks Eddie for the # to Priceline), and flights next. Arriving Wednesday same flight as Miller, and leaving Monday. Memphis in 4 weeks and Philly in June. Gonna be a great couple months.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
2019 MOT location ballot

Ok gentlemen, it’s official. I have the best wife ever. Booking room as I type (thanks Eddie for the # to Priceline), and flights next. Arriving Wednesday same flight as Miller, and leaving Monday. Memphis in 4 weeks and Philly in June. Gonna be a great couple months.

Woohoo!!!!!!! Fantastic!!

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
It looks like we are pretty much ready for a volunteer to collect entry fees and post a sign up list.

Also, we need to lock down goals for what rounds will by done by the end of Friday night, and then again by the end of Saturday night, so that we can finish at a reasonable hour on Sunday. I believe we have worked that out, but I for one need a refresher. I do know, some players will be freed up from tournament play Friday night -- and available for mixing and matching the rest of the weekend with a great group of guys!! :D:D

Is it down to down to 4 players for Sunday or 8?? And is it 24 or 16 by the end of Friday night??

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
It looks like we are pretty much ready for a volunteer to collect entry fees and post a sign up list.

Also, we need to lock down goals for what rounds will by done by the end of Friday night, and then again by the end of Saturday night, so that we can finish at a reasonable hour on Sunday. I believe we have worked that out, but I for one need a refresher. I do know, some players will be freed up from tournament play Friday night -- and available for mixing and matching the rest of the weekend with a great group of guys!! :D:D

Is it down to down to 4 players for Sunday or 8?? And is it 24 or 16 by the end of Friday night??

After a million discussions to make those happy that do not attend the MOT’s, I vote for one simple change. Four players on Sunday. If that means playing until 4Am on Saturday night, start early Friday, play until 9. LETS GO! More opportunities for action Mr. Nwkirk.:heh:eek::cool:
As far as a long day playing. The DCC starts at 10Am and ends midnite. We can start a 9am and play until 8-9 pm Friday. Saturday start 9am until down to four.

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD

I think to make sure we stay on schedule for a reasonable completion time on Sunday you will need to get to four players for the last day. That means completing two rounds on Friday and three rounds on Saturday, which leaves four (maybe five depending on whether we play a true dbl elimination) rounds for Sunday. Also means that 25% of the field is done Friday night, and 50% of the field is done after the first round Saturday morning.

I guess all those discussions regarding format were for naught. Instead of a Round Robin for Friday and Saturday, where 100% of the field plays at least 21 or maybe even 28 games guaranteed against seven others, we will boot half the field after as little as 9 games against three others.

C'es la vie, I guess. Reminds me of congress, lots of talk, no action.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.