Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 MOT location ballot

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    I'm in. four points by Sheraton 72.00 a night plus taxes.

    Comment


    • #47
      2019 MOT location ballot

      I’m in. I’ll be staying with family but not sure when I’ll get in. I doubt if it’ll be more than a day or two early...

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by FastEddieF. View Post
        I'm in. four points by Sheraton 72.00 a night plus taxes.
        Did you call them directly? How did you get that rate, the best I found online was $130ish

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by 12squared View Post
          Did you call them directly? How did you get that rate, the best I found online was $130ish
          Hi Dave, call priceline .com 800-631-3170 tell them FourPoints By Sheraton Philadelphia Norteast Hotel.$72.00 a day plus $21.80 taxes. address9461 RooseveltBlvd Phil. PA. Non-refund rate.3days costing $280.20 TakeCare EddieFriedman

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by FastEddieF. View Post
            Hi Dave, call priceline .com 800-631-3170 tell them FourPoints By Sheraton Philadelphia Norteast Hotel.$72.00 a day plus $21.80 taxes. address9461 RooseveltBlvd Phil. PA. Non-refund rate.3days costing $280.20 TakeCare EddieFriedman
            thanks Oh Fast One!

            Comment


            • #51
              AirBnB has lots of locations close to the pool room.
              Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by FastEddieF. View Post
                I'm in. four points by Sheraton 72.00 a night plus taxes.
                Thanks Eddie,

                I'm in too. That rate is great. On line they want twice as much.

                Darrell
                The early bird may get the worm...but the second mouse gets the cheese...Shutin@urholeisOVERATED.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Just booked my room, thanks everyone who provided guidence on the $72 rate.

                  I better start practicing (2 weeks before the trip )

                  Just added booking my flight. Coming into PHL at around 6:40PM Thursday night 6/6. Not sure if I would need a car or not...I know it's early but anyone else coming in around that time that could share a ride (or our host Mitch pick us all up LOL)?

                  I guess I'm commited
                  Last edited by 12squared; 02-19-2019, 10:58 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by 12squared View Post
                    Just booked my room, thanks everyone who provided guidence on the $72 rate.

                    I better start practicing (2 weeks before the trip )

                    Just added booking my flight. Coming into PHL at around 6:40PM Thursday night 6/6. Not sure if I would need a car or not...I know it's early but anyone else coming in around that time that could share a ride (or our host Mitch pick us all up LOL)?

                    I guess I'm commited
                    Bring that smooth 3C stroke with you, yes I’m jealous

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by jtompilot View Post
                      Bring that smooth 3C stroke with you, yes I’m jealous
                      Love ya, roomie.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Woohoo!!!

                        Ok gentlemen, it’s official. I have the best wife ever. Booking room as I type (thanks Eddie for the # to Priceline), and flights next. Arriving Wednesday same flight as Miller, and leaving Monday. Memphis in 4 weeks and Philly in June. Gonna be a great couple months.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          2019 MOT location ballot

                          Originally posted by jlcomp45 View Post
                          Ok gentlemen, it’s official. I have the best wife ever. Booking room as I type (thanks Eddie for the # to Priceline), and flights next. Arriving Wednesday same flight as Miller, and leaving Monday. Memphis in 4 weeks and Philly in June. Gonna be a great couple months.


                          Woohoo!!!!!!! Fantastic!!
                          Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            It looks like we are pretty much ready for a volunteer to collect entry fees and post a sign up list.

                            Also, we need to lock down goals for what rounds will by done by the end of Friday night, and then again by the end of Saturday night, so that we can finish at a reasonable hour on Sunday. I believe we have worked that out, but I for one need a refresher. I do know, some players will be freed up from tournament play Friday night -- and available for mixing and matching the rest of the weekend with a great group of guys!!

                            Is it down to down to 4 players for Sunday or 8?? And is it 24 or 16 by the end of Friday night??
                            "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
                            -- Strawberry Brooks

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by NH Steve View Post
                              It looks like we are pretty much ready for a volunteer to collect entry fees and post a sign up list.

                              Also, we need to lock down goals for what rounds will by done by the end of Friday night, and then again by the end of Saturday night, so that we can finish at a reasonable hour on Sunday. I believe we have worked that out, but I for one need a refresher. I do know, some players will be freed up from tournament play Friday night -- and available for mixing and matching the rest of the weekend with a great group of guys!!

                              Is it down to down to 4 players for Sunday or 8?? And is it 24 or 16 by the end of Friday night??
                              After a million discussions to make those happy that do not attend the MOT’s, I vote for one simple change. Four players on Sunday. If that means playing until 4Am on Saturday night, start early Friday, play until 9. LETS GO! More opportunities for action Mr. Nwkirk.
                              As far as a long day playing. The DCC starts at 10Am and ends midnite. We can start a 9am and play until 8-9 pm Friday. Saturday start 9am until down to four.
                              Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by NH Steve View Post
                                It looks like we are pretty much ready for a volunteer to collect entry fees and post a sign up list.

                                Also, we need to lock down goals for what rounds will by done by the end of Friday night, and then again by the end of Saturday night, so that we can finish at a reasonable hour on Sunday. I believe we have worked that out, but I for one need a refresher. I do know, some players will be freed up from tournament play Friday night -- and available for mixing and matching the rest of the weekend with a great group of guys!!

                                Is it down to down to 4 players for Sunday or 8?? And is it 24 or 16 by the end of Friday night??
                                I think to make sure we stay on schedule for a reasonable completion time on Sunday you will need to get to four players for the last day. That means completing two rounds on Friday and three rounds on Saturday, which leaves four (maybe five depending on whether we play a true dbl elimination) rounds for Sunday. Also means that 25% of the field is done Friday night, and 50% of the field is done after the first round Saturday morning.

                                I guess all those discussions regarding format were for naught. Instead of a Round Robin for Friday and Saturday, where 100% of the field plays at least 21 or maybe even 28 games guaranteed against seven others, we will boot half the field after as little as 9 games against three others.

                                C'es la vie, I guess. Reminds me of congress, lots of talk, no action.
                                The early bird may get the worm...but the second mouse gets the cheese...Shutin@urholeisOVERATED.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X