• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jtompilot View Post
    OMG, not the one rail kick, two rail the solid ball shot

One of Mitch’s specialties
    Originally posted by Mkbtank View Post
    Hahah. I don’t remember telling you that. It is though and I have shot at it for 300 a game before 🤪. But it’s not laying perfect for it here.

One railer.
    Originally posted by El Chapo View Post
    I saw this game. He hit this ball a little better than average.
    it was laying good enough for alex,,,,,,
    Click image for larger version

Name:	alex scott last ball shot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	400328

Comment

I love that shot. It looks a bit close to the hole to me, which makes me wanna shove my head up my ass and die. You gotta think you are passing up perfect opportunities like this all the time if you can't see it, which i never would.

Seriously though, he is ending the game from a spot like this, i love that thinking and of course execution, and i think that is where your head space needs to be at if you are gonna have a chance against these guys.

Comment

scott alex 3 coninued

Originally posted by lll View Post
        it was laying good enough for alex,,,,,,

[ATTACH]24041[/ATTACH]

Great shot 👍
        Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

object ball has too come close to the side pocket to make it. too many things can go wrong. not for me for sure. and unless you make it or put it in the jaws it just gets kicked away.

Comment

Originally posted by beatle View Post
            object ball has too come close to the side pocket to make it. too many things can go wrong. not for me for sure. and unless you make it or put it in the jaws it just gets kicked away.
            in the end game when you both need one
            isnt that always true?
            wouldnt you rather your opponent kicking your ball away than shooting at his hole???
            just askin...

Comment

Beatle, in dealing with this scenario a OP player should get proficient in doing the Alex's method and also straight back banking the 5.

I agree with you that Alex's shot is not the shot to be taken in this scenario. Since the 5 is not deep into the pocket and can be banked then that is the shot. Just bank it right in the hole, no different that a cross corner bank! Whitey

Comment

for me getting the last ball on the table close to your hole and not easily bankable to there pocket is the best way to maintain control. end game is all about who is reacting to the who !

The nice thing about alex's shot is it holds cue ball on the long rail and makes the return bank much harder.

Comment

I couldn't agree more with this. It's a nothing shot unless it goes.

Comment

and unless you make it or put it in the jaws it just gets kicked away.
                    You can say that about any shot that is missed

Comment

Originally posted by jtompilot View Post
                      You can say that about any shot that is missed
                      Not really, because Alex has control of the ball right now.

Comment

first whitey i agreed in my first post about one rail bank.

and of course hitting near your hole is important with one ball left. but hitting it in the right area is most important as a little off and it can easily turn into a sellout. his two rail cant be controlled good enough to take that chance.

and most times you bank toward your hole you are doing it with a real good chance of making it. other wise positioning it is the better shot.

like i said his shot goes too near the side pocket for me. that is half a diamond of sellout in the way.

and against a very good player just hitting a ball near your hole wont win you many games. he gets to kick it away or make an aggressive shot on you unless you place it well.

Comment

Originally posted by Kybanks View Post
                          Not really, because Alex has control of the ball right now.
                          Alex kicked at that last ball because that was the only way for him to control the game. The one railer from there is fraught with peril. It’s so easy to get a kiss from there and even if you hit it pretty good who knows where the cue ball ends up, probably leaving a good bank. That kick allows the cue ball to park right there, you’d have to hit it super bad to leave a good return.

Comment

first whitey i agreed in my first post about one rail bank.

and of course hitting near your hole is important with one ball left. but hitting it in the right area is most important as a little off and it can easily turn into a sellout. his two rail cant be controlled good enough to take that chance.

and most times you bank toward your hole you are doing it with a real good chance of making it. other wise positioning it is the better shot.

like i said his shot goes too near the side pocket for me. that is half a diamond of sellout in the way.

and against a very good player just hitting a ball near your hole wont win you many games. he gets to kick it away or make an aggressive shot on you unless you place it well.
                            You do know that ball hits a diamond from the side pocket. Not too close

Comment

well it looks to me to stick the cueball you have to hit it short. and it doesnt look like its a diamond short of the side pocket to make it. but i am lousy at guessing from a picture.

still i am happy to have someone shoot that for the cash on me anytime rather than a few of the other options..

Comment

well it looks to me to stick the cueball you have to hit it short. and it doesnt look like its a diamond short of the side pocket to make it. but i am lousy at guessing from a picture.

still i am happy to have someone shoot that for the cash on me anytime rather than a few of the other options..
                                I’m sure Mitch can help you out with that for a hundred

Comment

Working...
                                X