Melee in Memphis Bank Tourney Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melee in Memphis Bank Tourney Interest

Anyone interested in participating in a bank tournament prior to starting the one pocket tournament please make yourself known. If there is enough interest Bill Rousey may try to coordinate something. Speak now or forever hold your cue.

I would be interested in attending. Anyone else?
    Live long and play strong,
    -Chicagomike

I will play If that goofy diamond is not part of the lineup.

Comment

I'll play if I can get enough work done ahead to get there Thursday night. I'm running a bank in Metropolis tomorrow at 1:00 if anybody can make it. Buddy cant play so its easy money...lol

Comment

What day would we run it? Thursday?
        Regards,

Nick B

Name: Nick Beretanos

Comment

Originally posted by Nick B View Post
          What day would we run it? Thursday?
          Yea, it would have to be Thursday,

Comment

As long as it doesn’t interfere with the action tables. Use the 4 x 8s
            Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!

Comment

Originally posted by Scrzbill View Post
              As long as it doesn’t interfere with the action tables. Use the 4 x 8s

Hey Mr. You like to play pool? Against people? For money?
              Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Mkbtank View Post
                Hey Mr. You like to play pool? Against people? For money?
                That’s MR SCARFACE to you
                Attached Files

Comment

That’s MR SCARFACE to you

Builds character!!!
                  Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

That’s what I SAID! Just one more. The next one might be a killer.

Comment

That’s what I SAID! Just one more. The next one might be a killer.
                      That must be going around. They got my older sister good the other day too...after she took off the bandage she said she was "horrified " lol.

Comment

Originally posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
                        That must be going around. They got my older sister good the other day too...after she took off the bandage she said she was "horrified " lol.
                        I am actually quite satisfied. It starts where my previous scar ended. Now I have an excellent Pirate scar for holloween from below my eye down to my chin. My next visit is too Dr Pimple popper.

Comment

Originally posted by chicagomike View Post
                          Anyone interested in participating in a bank tournament prior to starting the one pocket tournament please make yourself known. If there is enough interest Bill Rousey may try to coordinate something. Speak now or forever hold your cue.

I would be interested in attending. Anyone else?
                          i'll play.

here are my thoughts:

what we did in september is make up a 32 man single elimination bracket (think there were 4 byes) and pulled draws from a deck of cards after the calcutta to fill the bracket. here's what we used:

Click image for larger version

Name:	32 Man Banks Single Elimination JPG.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	400330

assuming there is enough interest amongst our 1p entries and local players (this would be on a thursday evening....) we could do something like that again -or- just let bill handle it if he wants to.

also assuming that a sizable portion of the field would most likely come from our 1p entries, probably need to have something set up within the next couple/three weeks so guys can make travel/lodging plans accordingly....

Comment

Originally posted by Miller View Post
                            i'll play.

here are my thoughts:

what we did in september is make up a 32 man single elimination bracket (think there were 4 byes) and pulled draws from a deck of cards after the calcutta to fill the bracket. here's what we used:

[ATTACH]24044[/ATTACH]

assuming there is enough interest amongst our 1p entries and local players (this would be on a thursday evening....) we could do something like that again -or- just let bill handle it if he wants to.

also assuming that a sizable portion of the field would most likely come from our 1p entries, probably need to have something set up within the next couple/three weeks so guys can make travel/lodging plans accordingly....
                            could get something like this printed up if needed:
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	32 Man Banks Single Elimination JPG.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	400331
                            Last edited by Miller; 02-17-2019, 06:01 PM. Reason: bracket

Comment

Originally posted by Miller View Post
                              i'll play.

here are my thoughts:

[ATTACH]24044[/ATTACH]

Just FYI it was suggested by one of the locals last year that our 1p Calcutta could have been much larger if we were to run it while the locals were still there and bidding on the banks Calcutta. Sounded like the locals were interested in picking horses along with us. Not sure how that would work or if inviting them back for the 1p Calcutta might be an option...just food for thought.
                              Live long and play strong,
                              -Chicagomike

Comment

Working...
                              X